Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

TTBF posted:

Which 'they' are you referring to?
That would be We Hate Movies. The Flop House likes a few of their selections too, although the only one that comes to mind at the moment is Journey 2: The Mysterious Island.

It seems like a lot of the "bad movie" podcasts are unfairly constrained by their names. HDTGM especially seems to enjoy a lot of the stuff they watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Same here. The man is like an riffing hurricane, it's the best.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

The only bad part about this WHM; now that they've teased The One I cannot wait until that episode happens. That movie is loving bananas.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

It depends on the episode I think. Everybody seemed kinda out of it this time around.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Drunkboxer posted:

I don't get how you guys can't tell the WHM people apart, they all sound very different to me. I am totally flabbergasted that anyone can't tell Dan/Stuart apart. Stuart talks in a pretty weird way in general, they have different pitches to their voices and different accents. I'm starting to think people who like movie podcasts all have some sort of sensory impairing brain damage.

Eric and Chris are the only ones I could see mixing up out of either group, everyone else has really distinct voices and personalities to me. Case in point: I was going to start defending Chris Cabin because I really like Blame It On Outer Space but then I realised that's Eric Szyszka's podcast. Whoops.

Chris Cabin still isn't that terrible though, he gets some good ones in here and there.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

weekly font posted:

I guess next week is another Bond unless that hint is a curve ball?

I would have sworn it was Die Another Day but then I remembered they already did that :v:

If it is Bond, I'm gonna guess The World Is Not Enough. Pierce Brosnan Bond, Last movie for the original Q and Denise Richards as a nuclear physicist, seems like a safe bet.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Ror posted:

It looks like Andrew Jupin sometimes updates the WHM list on his Letterboxd page after he plans/watches the movies but before the episode. He's got two titles up after Johnny Mnemonic and the next is The Hand That Rocks the Cradle.

Of course they went for the John de Lancie reference, silly me. Oh well, I re-listened to the Die Another Day episode and they go on about The World Is Not Enough for a good 5 minutes in there. It's day will come.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I know the Lucas jokes started in the Indiana Jones And The Crystal Skull episode, but I don't think they started making it about Sebulba until later? Either way that episode is amazing so it's worth a listen.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Oh right I completely forgot about those, welp.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I feel like the podcast WHM just posted exists just to spite the Cabin-haters in this thread, and I don't even like Cabin all that much

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I've got about 19, give or take a few I've burned out of my memory so hard I can't tell if I saw them or not. Most of my WHM movies either came from growing up with a terrible VHS collection (TMNT II, Godzilla, Batman Forever) or leaving the TV on comedy central all day. (Mo' Money, Ghostbusters II, Bordello of Blood, Mystery Men)

However, I did see The Core in theaters. Money well spent.

Also saw The Butterfly Effect in theaters. Money terribly spent.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Beeez posted:

Is it really 30 minutes before Luke shows up?

17 according to Star Wars Minute. (which is also a pretty good movie podcast)

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

"it's Oscar gold!" :george: is the kind of comedic timing you only get once in a lifetime.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I don't usually enjoy time limits on podcasts - if they got a lot to talk about a subject, I wanna see that through - but The Flophouse probably benefits as a whole from it. They barely talk about the movie as it is, without limits they'd get lost in the tangent woods for hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

powerful sex moves posted:

Making the decision to stop listening once they hit letters made The Flophouse a lot more enjoyable.

This is the magic secret to enjoying any podcast more. I always stay long enough for the song though, call me a masochist I guess.