Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

Mhhh...Cold Burger King.

Also, know what sounds like a good idea becaus eof the WHM crew? A movie/book/whatever about a bastard son of 007.
James Bond Jr. kind of sucked tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

De Nomolos posted:

I'd hope they'd do King Ralph as a part of a long overdue Stay Tuned month with Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, but I've been waiting for that for a year and now they've even stopped making STATION references.
Eh, it took them 54 episodes to get from Mortal Kombat to MK Annihilation, and it definitely took even longer to get around to Thinner, so there's always hope.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Bogus Journey, not Excellent Adventure.

Primarily for STATION.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Gyges posted:

The Evil Robot Uses and the Good Robot Uses were way scarier than Station.

The Good Robot Usses were goddamned adorable.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Bogus Journey is a movie for children and stoners that doesn't just reference The Seventh Seal, it uses that reference as the foundation of the whole plot. It's rad as hell.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Rodyle posted:

Imagine Excellent Adventure and Bogus Journey as two boxers...
They would look at each other across the ring, walk into the middle, air guitar, and gently caress off to the Circle K to hang out together.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I think I'd still rather see Weekend at Bernesia, but that's just me.

I'm kind of wondering what lovely Christmas movie they're going to do in about a month.
I would love for it to be Santa's Slay.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

User-Friendly posted:

I earnestly don't understand people who want podcasts to keep it short. More free poo poo that I like? Nooooo thank you!
Yeah but poo poo can get so long it just becomes unrealistic unless you only listen to a couple of shows. Like the Giant Bombcast runs a good three hours on the regular, and that's just loving crazy. I guess if you're the type of person who can listen to shows while doing something else that's fine, but stuff's a commute/travel time filler for me predominantly, and with the other stuff I listen to, I ain't got time for three hours of the same poo poo. Plus keeping to a relatively strict time constraint helps - in theory - keep everything on track and cuts down on rambling.

I mean in the case of The Flop House that obviously doesn't work, but Kalans gonna Kalan.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

No, it's definitely a persistent pop culture reference, because there are very few other options as far as shorthand for "parading around the corpse of something obviously dead for personal gain".

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

it's the best independent music store on the web, obvs

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

HoAssHo posted:

I recommended WHM to someone who is a Flophouse fan and they were like "so, I see they're corporate sponsored and you can only get some of their episodes on some app :smug: " and I was very confused by this.
I can clear up this confusion - your buddy's dumb as hell.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

Whoever sent that letter deserves a red text avatar.
The stairs letter or the red pants diaries?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dr. Lariat posted:

Came here to post this, someone fess up. Could be in that WHM cineD thread I keep forgetting to follow
No-one's fessed up in there either. I think hearing it out loud and then being laughed at may have shamed Corporal Goon into silence.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Infamous Sphere posted:

Not a horror fan but the best queer horror movie is, and probably always will be Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge. I loved every minute of it.
Looks like someone forgot I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry!

Oh wait no that was scared of gays.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

theironjef posted:

We just finished our next Movie Mastery, so if anyone wants to hear us and our guest get real confused about Mommie Dearest, now's your chance. As per usual, download links are on the download page.
I just started listening to you guys with that Soul Man episode, but thanks to you two I spent a couple of hours watching an ICP movie and kind of enjoying it.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dr. Lariat posted:

The gambler that got his hand broken wasn't a Ron Jeremy double role, that was 80s wrestling manager Jimmy Hart, who also produced many of WCW's 90's grunge rip off wrestler themes and some iconic 80s wrestler themes such as the Honky-Tonk Man.
http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=6864331 (short write up about Jimmy Hart)
Holy poo poo, I wondered if that was Jimmy Hart, but I haven't seen that dude since the days of the Hart Foundation.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I'm surprised for the Sandler entry in worst of 2015 they went with Pixels over The Cobbler. Haven't seen it but that one sounds like lunacy from all the reviews.
Did The Cobbler even actually come out in theaters? I'm not even sure anyone who isn't a film critic even saw that film.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I can't imagine being that angry at Sucker Punch because Sucker Punch was so loving boring and unengaging it was drat near impossible to feel any way about it.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Illinois Smith posted:

lol you guys THE OLD EPISODES DIDN'T SHOW UP IN MY FEED SO THEY MUST HAVE BEEN LOCKED AWAY

they mention that their older eps are available on the site all the loving time too
Except no-one's actually saying that and they're talking about the Animation Damnations and Side Orders of Sleaze that were previously only on either PodcastBox (or whatever it is/was called) or Bandcamp.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Have they dropped the "So June, you're saying you're a [thing from movie] expert?" gimmick yet?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

That looks like it'd be correct, AFAIK, but you do also hear "mway thai" a lot too.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Half of being a nerd is making fun of other nerds who are into "nerdier" poo poo than you to make sure there's always someone lower than you in the hierarchy anyway.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

"Mooooom Jim Carrey's being paid a record-breaking amount to play the Riddler in the new Batman movie, can we go to McDonalds?"
"I don't caaare fatty"

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Al! posted:

Turds and nu metal
So turds then.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Al! posted:

Oh no did someone ask them if they have stairs in their house again?

No, something much, much goonier. Like a full-on meltdown.

e: And his name was the cherry on top.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I guarantee it was someone from CineD.
No way, it's 100% someone who posts a bunch in BSS. If it were CineD there would have been far more talk of cinematography and framing and lighting and poo poo.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Obligatory mention, if we're going to bring up Quinnghazi, of Internet Toilet Adam Baldwin.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Ahahaha I had totally forgotten this one until I looked it up online, through which I also found this quote:

quote:

Jonathan Frakes referred to the episode as a "racist piece of poo poo"

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Tracula posted:

Sorry WHM. As cute as you act it only repulses me from Loot Crate even more.

I won't ever buy that random box of literal crap but any time a podcast shills it that makes me even less interested.

I will never not find it hilarious that a company finally found a way to get idiot nerds to pay good money on a subscription basis for boxes of the kind of poo poo that gets given away at trade shows.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Bee Movie But Every Time They Say Bee It Gets Faster is, as they said, better than actual Bee Movie. It's still garbage, it's just much, much shorter garbage.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

A friend was listening to Adventure Zone the other day and Stuart from Flophouse was on it, and it made me a little sad that I don't hear him any more, because he's great.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I was literally told that I should by multiple people; "if you like skeptical podcasts, check out BIOOS, and they have a good movie podcast called We Hate Movies if you like it". Yea nope. That being sad if they do these characters and impersonations that I found incredibly unfunny on WHM I can see it really not for me. I find podcasts where the hosts are less themselves are more characters I don't really enjoy.
I tried BIOOS after getting into WHM and couldn't do it for basically the same reason. They're def v different beasts.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

BlameSpacePod posted:

2) Absolutely!!!
Oh poo poo I cannot wait

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Hey so which bad movie podcast or podcasts have done an episode on the old 1995 Power Rangers movie? I just watched a bunch of that film and I'm sure I remember some podcast talking about how the guy that played Ivan Ooze was Belloch in Raiders of the Lost Ark....

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

theironjef posted:

Yeah man. Our vision of Palpatine is that he keeps that robe at the office. Otherwise he's wearing cut-offs and washing a Trans-Am in his driveway.

Diamond Sheev

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Are they still doing the June Is Dumb schtick?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

oh poo poo for a second i thought y'all meant elliot wasn't on the show any more and i almost resubscribed

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The world would probably be an overall better place if ICP stopped making music and made movies instead.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I never had a problem with Elliot's voice just his inability to ever let a bit die. ever.

Anyway Stuart is the best and I kind of miss listening to that dingdong-ripping-off obsessed goof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

pills made of actual dicks