Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you
I'll chime in with Alcohollywood. It's a drinking game movie podcast that's actually pretty interesting on a technical level. Particularly fond of the mixology, though we might not see eye to eye in terms of movie tastes.

(edited to change the tone... didn't mean to be so rude. But I still stand by my statement that Neverending Story and Labyrinth are loving American classics that just happened to be based on German fiction and, uh, puppets, repsectively.)

Yancy_Street fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

OldTennisCourt posted:

Another thumbs up for We Hate Movies.I'll never not laugh at Rob Zombie's Home Alone.

I really love We Hate Movies. Their big celebratory episode with Crystal Skull where they had all the hosts on at once was amazing.

I really want someone to draw the Bad Movie Mt Rushmore they requested, complete with Wilford Brimely, Gary Busey, Jim Belushi, and Michael Caine.

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

Apoplexy posted:

Started listening to WHM based on the mention in this thread (because I love HDTGM and am pissed at few little, relatively, there is, especially when you've been listening to each new one within hours of them coming out) and am really loving the poo poo out of it so far. Especially the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull one. ISS GOWLD, JOANSIE~

Almost all the episodes have something to recommend, but here're my choices for their best works:

Hider in the House, Deadly Friend, Ewoks: the Battle for Endor, Friday the 13th (their Star Trek tangent in this one is amazing), Silver Bullet, Invisible Child, and Cocoon.

Shame they've used up just about all the big Wilford Brimley movies. There's the Thing, but that's way too big to be on there. Maybe The Firm? Hard Target?

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you
Peace, friends. Let us leave these petty squabblings behind and revel in the most recent We Hate Movies, Tuff Turf, for it is The Best Thing.

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

Evil Vin posted:

I listen to two bad movie podcasts at the moment, one being How Did This Get Made. Which I enjoy for mostly Jason Manzukas. The other is Yeah It's That Bad because I feel it's the podcast my friends and I would record; full of silly injokes that haven't been funny in ages and teenage maturity on dirty sounding words and phrases. It definitely has a problem actually reviewing things and feels not that deep at all but it's enjoyable to listen to them recount the whole movie.

Just checked YITB on your recommendation. Thanks for that - it's pretty entertaining! I always love finding a new podcast that I enjoy with a big backlog to work through. I do wish whichever of the guys who did the editing would lighten up on removing the verbal fillers, though. Everything's a bit run together giving some of the conversations a sort of Simpsons-esque "so I grab-HER-sweet can-" editing vibe.

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

Aww... I'm sorry. I hadn't even realized that that post had been singled out and put in the OP. You guys are great and I love hearing your podcast. You even did an episode I suggested once. :unsmith:

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

Hewlett posted:

It's pretty simple, really; those were, respectively, a very early episode and our horribly-done 50th episode (where we had too many guests and too much alcohol), and for some reason those movies didn't resonate with us whenever we watched it.

I will say I'm totally peeved at you for doing that whole Steven King somekindofgoblin running gag AND THEN NOT DOING MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE! Holy Hell, how in the god did you miss that? ARGH!

Back on topic...

The Flop House has done the OogieLove movie. I haven't listened to it yet, but... Jesus Christ, I'm tingling with anticipation.

I'm going to start a running tally of times during How Did This Get Made where they go insane and start reading things into movies that are totally ridiculous. I imagine they were joking when claiming that Dan Akyroyd's nose was literally a penis, but the whole tangent about Little Debul and Bobo being demons was... whaaat? They're clearly just inbred freaks, guys.

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you
WHM did Freejack this week. I lost it right about the time they bone jacked Kennedy.

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

weekly font posted:

I've been going through the WHM backlog and good lord is the Dracula 2000 episode incredible. I couldn't breathe at two separate points.

Serious question: Do you think there is room for another Bad Movies podcast out there? I have wanted to start one for some time not knowing that there even was a world of trash cinema podcasting until about a month ago. What would you like to see in a bad movie podcast or what about the ones that exist do you not like?

Never too many bad movie podcasts. Focus on the material - have plenty of trivia. You could try a gimmick, but be sure the movies come first. Also, don't start unless you're relatively sure you can update on a regular schedule and be prepared to take criticism, because people on the internet love getting pissed off at things they get for free.

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you
Cloudy <3

VVV

The WHM crew NEED to watch "The FP." The slang, setting, and reveal of what made the town fall apart will literally break their minds.

Yancy_Street fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Mar 22, 2013

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you
It's a good week for movie podcasts:

Cat People on WHM, Mindhunters on Yeah, It's That Bad, Anaconda on Film Sack, and I think :clint: Hewlett might :clint: have something, but :clint: I'm a little fuzzy :clint: on what, exactly. They :clint: should really be :clint: clearer about their scheduling.

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you
Robot Jox on "Alcohollywood"? Hewlett, you glorious bastard.

Finally had to drop "Yeah, It's That Bad." I just couldn't take the creepy Silent Hill-esque audio editing coupled with the non-humor anymore. When one asked the other for a quoted box office take this week, the other got within about ten-thousand or so dollars, and apparently that was enough to launch a two minute uproarious laughing fit, I knew I was done.

Yancy_Street fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 11, 2013

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

weekly font posted:

Is there ever a time when making fun of Joe Don Baker isn't hilarious?

WHM is unquestionably my favorite podcast, but I love Stephen Sajdak in particular. Always makes me sad to see an episode where he's not there.

OldTennisCourt posted:

I'm sort of contemplating making a new thread for them but eh, they'll fit here, Night of the Living Podcast http://www.notlp.com/. They review mainly horror films.

Thank you for the recommendation. I'm going to check these guys out this evening. Gotta love those hour-long DC metro rides.

Edit: Wow, those guys talk about movies less than the Bombcast talks about video games - and that's saying something. Definitely a personality driven podcast.

Yancy_Street fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 26, 2013

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you
Just a minute of your time to recommend a horror movie podcast that actually talks about movies like rational adults without the need for forced humor and annoying live performance gimmicks: Bloody Good Horror.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/bloody-good-horror/id276600697

I just found this one by accident this morning and have been loving it so far. A group of people who somehow, miraculously, lack the annoying elements of those other movie podcasts we all talk about, be they ear-splitting high-pitched man pixies, goony neckbeards with annoying snickers, attention hogs who don't understand the subject matter and spend the whole podcast shouting "WHAT'S GOING ON?!", bros from college who spend the whole time laughing about nothing, and what have you.

Instead, it's a podcast that actually spends the whole time discussing the subject matter and somehow managed to bring up both Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas and The Peanut Butter Solution. Give it a listen if you have a moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you
Having done "Date With an Angel," WHM needs to do "My Demon Lover" with Scott Valentine of... uh... Carnosaur 3 fame. A movie about a street musician who turns into a demon when he becomes sexually aroused. Yup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLMLFrOaxB4