Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Film Sack https://filmsack.com is probably my favorite one of these. They don't go out of their way to review movies that they probably wouldn't have liked, but there's still a lot of common ground between Filmsack and Flophouse. They aren't as funny, but they're a little more informative.

And, I know some people don't like How Did This Get Made, but I'm a fan of the show because they exhibit a boundless energy to discuss whatever movie they talk about. The Filmsack and Flophouse hosts will go off on a tangent if they don't like the movie very much, but HDTGM keeps on-topic surprisingly well when you think about who's involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Just watched / listened to HDTGM podcast for Sleep away Camp (on YouTube) and the reason I like HDTGM is because unlike the other movie podcasts on some episodes the hosts aren't just relaying plot points and interpretations about a movie, they are also trying to collectively figure out what they were just witness to.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

bango skank posted:

What? I- what? I can't. This came out 2012? 2012?! I know it's Pixar but Toy Story came out almost 20 years ago and it still looks loving lightyears ahead of this.

Who payed for this?! Who made this? Who was it made for?!

This looks worse than I imagined from the episode.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Al! posted:

Dear God, why can't I stop myself.

It looks like Reboot animated by those Taiwan news guys and I can't...I have to finish this movie.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

OK Octopus posted:

Just a minute of your time to recommend a horror movie podcast that actually talks about movies like rational adults without the need for forced humor and annoying live performance gimmicks: Bloody Good Horror.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/bloody-good-horror/id276600697

Instead, it's a podcast that actually spends the whole time discussing the subject matter

So, I listened to the Event Horizon episode, and they didn't start talking about the movie until 13 minutes in and stopped 55 minutes in, so that is around thirty minutes not discussing the subject matter.

They didn't really say anything interesting for the other 42 minutes, but I will give it another try.