Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

piratepilates posted:

HDTGM for me is never about the movies (I've seen maybe one or two of them), it's about the comedians. You have to separate the movie from the performance and just listen to it as a bunch of comedians making jokes about a subject, the subject being a bad movie, not about comedians criticizing a movie.

I agree, but they've been doing this long enough to be able to not constantly yell over each other. I like the show a lot, but I find that extremely frustrating. I know we blow WHM a lot, but not only are they funny, they let each other finish a joke. That's pretty important, especially when you've got a low key performer like Eric.

My favorite Eric joke had, like, a three second pause between the setup and punchline. It was hysterical, and it wouldn't have happened on any of the other movie podcasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

powerful sex moves posted:

Drinking vodka out of a flask on the train to the Jacob Burns Halloween Marathon where WHM are gonna talk over Death Spa. Lookin' classy, feelin' classy. Should be a fun night.

loving jealous as hell. I'm absolutely going to go to next year's marathon. Let us know how it goes.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Calaveron posted:

It was a terrible episode

I'm extremely 50/50 on Gabrus, but I thought he clicked with the WHM boys very well. Someone in the We Hate Movies thread said it helped that the movie was essentially crystalized in their brain, so that might have made the difference. I know that movie beat for beat, so the jumping around didn't make me flinch at all.

I dunno. I thought it was great, and I hope to hear him in again some day.

All their talk of Last Boy Scout has me hopeful they'll cover it some day. That movie is loving bananas, and I love every second of it.