Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Rotten Red Rod posted:

You know when you start saying something, and someone else interrupts you, and both of you wait for the other to speak? And then you both start to speak at the same time, and repeat the process?

That's HDTGM. All the time.

It's funny when it happens once or twice, but when it's an entire podcast of that, I can't listen to it anymore.

Add in Jason recording his part over Skype every 5th episode and it gets worse.

It's a testament to how funny the three hosts are that we all listen to HDTGM despite its flaws. I really would like SOME kind of structure to the show, like a little background or plot overview or just going chronologically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

What's the email for HDTGM's corrections and omissions? Or do you just post on the message boards?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I would look miserable too if I killed a mother and daughter and had to live with it while the rest of the world just kind of forgot about that whole vehicular manslaughter thing.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I love how Jason Mantzoukous hosts a movie podcast but it isn't until today that he casually mentions he co-wrote the #1 movie in America the last two weeks.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Still can't wrap my head around how Blended's plot works. How does 4 tickets turn into 7 tickets? Why buffalo wings so spicy?

I have to see Winter's Tale just for the Will Smith parts. I thought they were joking at first.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

http://www.polygon.com/features/2014/3/10/5451014/street-fighter-the-movie-what-went-wrong

very in-depth article on the production.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Behonkiss posted:

Paul Scheer just tweeted "Haha divorce". Anyone know if this is referring to him and June, or if he's just messing around?

Coldplay and Goop jokes on twitter.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

rear end Backwards is on Netflix. Ironically, it's perfect for How Did This Made. I had to turn it off 25 minutes in, leaving me to wonder how a movie written by and starring such funny people could be soooooo bad. The tone and editing and directing are wildly off balance, but ultimately the written material is really weak.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Matt Mira taking his stupidity to new heights by calling Grace Jones, possibly the darkest woman to ever live, a mullato. At least I think it was Mira. He and Gourley kinda sounded alike with the live audio and I always assume it's Mira with the dumb comments.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Production posted:

I think it was Gourley talking about being attracted to an impossible fusion of Grace Jones and Tanya Roberts.

Ah. Still the most archaic word he could've chose, but at least I get it now.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Equeen posted:

Outside of that weird "mulatto" comment, what's so bad about Matt Mira?

This is his one funny contribution in 5 years of being a semi well-known comedian:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cEja1zCsbQ

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

In LL Cool J's defense, back when he was the most famous rapper alive in 1987, he had a hit single with the line "They call me Jaws/My hat is like a shark's fin"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

I'm pretty sure this is what actually happened. Either that or she is now leading some kind of monkey themed terrorist organization.

Paul said on the last minisode that it was her sister's bachelorette party or something during the Safe Haven recording.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

And Star Wars did all that while not introducing the main character for 30 minutes. Structure-wise, it's a weird loving movie.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

TetsuoTW posted:

Have they dropped the "So June, you're saying you're a [thing from movie] expert?" gimmick yet?

No, they're still doing it to annoy people who hate a podcast but still listen to it.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

And it was somehow topped by an ENGAGEMENT in the following episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

ISIS is better than Gamergate, zero irony or exaggeration.