Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
They should probably have just ended The Flophouse after the line "Nic Cage - The Original Castle Freak" in the most recent episode, because none of them will ever say anything that perfect again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Al! posted:

Oh my God, Sex and Two Cities.

Came here to post this, incredibly funny bit. (Flop House on the off chance anyone didn't guess just from the name).

Also very funny little 'post-credits' bit where Elliott makes fun of Marc Maron.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 13, 2013

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
As soon as one of them accidentally said 'Dinoswords' I knew the next few minutes were going to be good.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I knew the Foodfight! episode of Flop House would be great, but it exceeded all expectations. Cannot believe how well that pun worked out.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
They got Ed Brubaker on for the Daredevil episode of HDTGM today, awesome.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I would happily listen to a podcast/watch a show that was just about Paul & June: they seem like such a bizarre couple + it's so funny to me that you could easily listen to several episodes of HDTGM and never suspect that they're together. Wikipedia tells me that they got married in the Santa Barbara Museum Of Natural History and that Paul's best man was a Jack Nicholson impersonator.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
That video is great. Also the very long Amazon review in the Mortal Kombat episode is unbelievable - simultaneously hilarious and tragic. And I love that Paul had no idea that Jason co-wrote Ride Along (the No. 1 movie in the country for two straight weeks) until he saw it on a poster.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 31, 2014

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Was literally about to post how incredible that would have been. National tragedy that June wasn't on this episode, would love to have heard her thoughts/interpretation on it.

Best thing about the episode is them talking about the insane trailer for Blended - I watched it twice last week and still could not work out the premise for the film.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Not very far into newest Flop House but the 'potential starring roles for Kevin Hart' riff made me laugh very hard.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Elliott doing Kevin Costner as Mr. Mel Brooks the Two Thousand Year Old Assassin, was pretty fantastic on many levels though.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
'Molten Berle' made me do my first genuine spit take in a long time

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Elliot Kalan is going to be writing a new ongoing Marvel book, Spider-Man & The X-Men, so that's pretty cool.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Flop House's Haneke/Herzog tangent was an all-timer

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
gently caress Jessie Thorn, but Hallie Haglund is the best: "It's like when you force someone to have sex with you and then they finally get really into sex"

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I can imagine that '70s Woody Allen vampire movie so clearly in my mind it's shocking that it's not a real thing.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Yeah, that post did describe exactly why I love The Flop House (and, to a lesser extent, HDTGM) but can't stand listening to We Hate Movies. I'm happy they all they exist though - to be honest, this thread does spend way too long arguing which is best of those three, which I guess is an obvious consequence of giving one shared thread to three superficially similar but ultimately very different podcasts.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
AV Club did an article on rejected Oscar bait a little while back - could try searching based on those

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Elliot's stream of consciousness rant on the newest Flop House is a thing of beauty.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
June's reaction to the world's smallest man is a new instant classic HDTGM moment.

Sucks that it sounds like there won't really be any three-host shows for a few months, although apparently they were all at the two live shows recorded last night.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 17, 2015

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I love how completely unsurprising it is that Elliot Kalan sort of enjoyed Mortdecai. Also enjoyed the bit towards the end where they all just geeked out over how great Mad Max is for literally 10 minutes.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Counter-point: I've listened to and thoroughly enjoyed pretty much every episode of HDTGM and have properly seen maybe five or six of the films they've ever discussed. I think constructing a film in my head based on their descriptions and my vague awareness of the film otherwise is somehow more entertaining to me? That might just be a personal thing though, can see why it would annoy other people to have not seen the film being discussed.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Hallie Haglund episode of Flop House alert.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I'm glad that Paul brought up in the episode that one of the characters in Fast 7 looks strangely like June, because that gave me a very confused 10 seconds in the cinema when I saw it:

(Image courtesy of Earwolf forums)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

User-Friendly posted:

I'm trying Blank Check, but I find it really irritating at points. Do they ever stop editing in annoying soundbytes every time they say certain phrases? The "Unbreakable" one was bad, but they've just started playing like two seconds of a song whenever they say "twist" and it's just awful. It's never smoothly edited in, it always just sounds jarring.

I like the show well enough otherwise, I just wish they wouldn't do that.

I only started listening to the show around the Wachowshi/Crowe series, and have never heard this once. So yeah, I guess they stop doing it.