Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Dancing Potato posted:

It's over here:

Why Does It Exist?

I had a regular cohost for the first 40 episodes or so; now I have a rotating guest.
it sounds interesting but is there a reason the first three episodes aren't on iTunes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

bobkatt013 posted:

Also WHM is suffering through Foodfight. A real rear end in a top hat suggested it.
Apparently 9 real assholes. Hilarious episode, though.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
This week's WHM was good even though there were only three commentators. I've never seen She's All That despite being in their age group and now I don't have to.

The Paul Walker impression, though entertaining, is not as funny as the Matthew Broderick impression. Of course, nothing can too the Wilford Brimley impressions. They need to do another Brimley movie. It's been too long since Cocoon.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

egon_beeblebrox posted:

The first We Hate Movies app exclusive episode for the month is pretty funnny. Short but they talk about their "Top 5 Favorite Movie Deaths."

Their other bonus episodes are hilarious too. Especially the one about Schwarzenegger.

Did you buy it in iOS or Android? I just bought it on Android and none of the episodes are working. :smith:

Edit: I figured it out. The app won't play the media, but I can stream it to another audio app. Weird.

Fezz fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 7, 2013

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Drunkboxer posted:

The WHM rerun really makes me wish they put in as many sound clips nowadays as they did in these old eps.

Andrew Jupin made a comment about that around when they got their theme song that he used to be a lot more insecure about the show and would spend a lot of time editing out long pauses and looking for clips and finding the right song to put in as the theme.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
You can always just listen to the new intro and then skip ahead to the new outro. It's worth it for Eric Szyszka's anecdote about the LARP summer camp.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Tomahawk posted:

Also, I kinda need to watch Tuff Turf now.

It's not on Netflix anymore, but it is on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua3aMJFuwDg

The recommended video sidebar seems like a laundry list of potential WHM episodes.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Grant DaNasty posted:

I'm eager to hear how We Hate Movies reacts to the return of Surge. I wonder if Amazon is going to still sell it "piping hot".

https://www.facebook.com/WeHateMovies/posts/951709501512720

They'll probably talk about it in an upcoming episode. Maybe if they do the Pagemaster or some other Macaulay Caulkin movie.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
HEY SAJDAK!

That was probably my favorite part of the episode.

Can't wait for Jingle All the Way 2. I hope it lives down to the hype.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

radlum posted:

Godzilla and Addicted to Love are amazing if only for the Matthew Broderick impressions

They make him sound like such a miserable sad sack piece of poo poo. I love it.

Tuff Turf is good too, also any episode with Wilford Brimley, especially the stupid Ewok movie that he's in and Cocoon.

If you haven't listened to The Wrong Guys, check it out. It's an early episode so it's shorter than most of their other episodes but any chance to bag on Louie Anderson, it's a good companion to the most recent Animation Damnation.

And I think my favorite episode about a stupid horror movie has to be Chopping Mall especially for their impressions of the robot at college.

And any episode that involves young Steve is great too. Such a nerdlinger.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
No, for some reason they had an issue where their RSS feed wouldn't let them add new episodes until they deleted old ones from it. But all they old episodes are in their website: https://www.whmpodcast.com

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Unless there's a wiki on the show they don't list who's in the episodes so it's hard to recommend based on the hosts. You'll just have to accept that Chris is a part of the show. I think you're missing out if you turn the episode off of it's not the host combo you like.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

bobkatt013 posted:

You will also get extra stuff like animation damnation.

Is the iOS app different from the Android version? Mine only goes back to where they had to cut off the RSS feed.

I didn't even think about Winter's Tale, but that's a strong contender. I think they're gonna have a lot of fun with the Will Smith cameo. Hope there's a mention of Li'l General.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
It's rare but it does happen. Episode 36 The Conqueror and episode 177 Wild in the Streets are both from the sixties. I think it's just based on them growing up in the late eighties/early nineties that you see them do more lovely movies from that era.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

weekly font posted:

Ill be calling in Vibrations every Listener Request Month until the day I die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0S6b7_Z404

What pretentious horse poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyvkNDtW7Lw

Look at that ridiculous get up. Don't his hands get cut off or something stupid like that?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The while gimmick of doing one movie 52 times does lend itself to a lot of repeats.

You should give the latest episode where they review Pixels and their annual thing about Paul Blart 2, 'Til Death Do Us Blart.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I'm fond of Blank Check with Griffin and David. They go through a director's catalog. They choose based on a director who has a big hit early on and is given a "blank check" to do whatever they want on their follow up films. They are currently in the middle of Cameron Crowe. They've done the Wachowskis and M. Night Shyamalan as well as several one offs of comic book movies.

Be warned the first thirty episodes are deep dives into the Star Wars prequel trilogy. So you may not want to listen to them discuss each film ten times.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

The Modern Leper posted:

Trigger warning: if you don't like Eliot from the FlopHouse, you will throw your player of choice across the room after 90 minutes of show co-host Griffin.
I don't know. I can't stand Eliot from Flop House when he shows up on Star Wars Minute but I could listen to Griffin all day.

I do agree that he does tend to ramble on tangents. I enjoy a little film criticism with my making GBS threads on bad movies. It's the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup of bad movie podcasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
He's definitely maximum frat boy, that one.

Poppy! Do we have any beer?