Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I've been getting into Yeah, It's That Bad recently and I have to say this might be my favorite bad movie podcast by far. The editing is kind of weird at times but not too obtrusive. I also actually like the viewer submissions a lot better than the ones on HDTGM (do they even still do those?) and the movie selection is quite diverse.

I've only heard Hollow Man and a few others but that was enough to sell me on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

bbf2 posted:

I've been trying to listen to "Yeah, It's That Bad" recently and the editing is just incredibly off-putting to me. It sounds like they edit out all of the gaps and pauses between their sentences in post, which makes each of them sound like they're talking super fast like Ray William Johnson or other "jump cut" YouTube people. It doesn't feel like natural conversation.

I actually started getting tired of YITB pretty quickly so I started listening to WHM, I think this is where I've always belonged. I actually find these dudes so much funnier and insightful than all the others, and I was a huge defender of HDTGM for awhile (can't really stand their live episodes anymore). Also they don't explode with forced laughter every 30 seconds so that's nice.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Just wanted to say that the WHM on "Addicted to Love" is one of the funniest podcasts I've ever listened to. Never seen the movie but I think I'm going to have to after hearing this. It will be hard not to do Buffalo Bill impressions the entire time though :lol: The Broderick impressions were gold, as well.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Catching up on some WHM the last couple days. I was actually in tears during the Houseguest episode when they were going on about Sinbad letting loose a hamster to cause some people to freak out. Something about how one of the dudes says "That thing is in loving pieces at the end of the scene!" and then another one says something like "And 4 days later you're getting pissed off because you're still scraping bits of it off the bottom of your shoes!" was just incredible.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The last couple WHM have been so good. Still haven't had a chance to listen to the Godzilla one but after the savaging they gave Matthew Broderick on the Addicted to Love episode I can't wait.

I've also started listening to The Flop House a bit recently and I love it, even though they really only spend like 20 minutes talking about the movie and the rest of the episode is usually filled with semi to flat out hilarious riffs. I don't really get why everyone seems to hate Elliot, he has a nerdy voice but he's pretty drat funny and seems quite knowledgeable.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

^JDR is terrible, I pretty much stopped listening to HDTGM entirely because of her

The WHM episode about Godzilla was just as hilarious as I'd hoped. Their Matthew Broderick impression never gets old. I forget the quote exactly but they're talking about the terrible scenes of Broderick doing science stuff in Chernobyl at the start of the movie: "The worms are 17% bigger, right, no one?" Horribly butchered quote but so good.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Wow, I was actually kind of getting back into YITB again recently and this is certainly a shock. Not the best bad movie podcast (I'm actually kind of embarrassed of the praise I heaped on it earlier in the thread) but they had their moments. I was kind of hoping someday I could throw $50 their way and get them to watch some horrible poo poo but now that'll never happen :argh:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Listening to a couple of YITB from my backlog, and I guess I'm glad I won't have to listen to anymore episodes where Kevin shows how completely loving horrible his taste in movies is. They all completely miss the point of Starship Troopers which is kind of infuriating to listen to. I mean, I don't want to discount personal opinions but when your criticism can be summed up with "Is it a satire? Or is it supposed to be campy on purpose?? It just makes me confused." and then proceeding to give the movie a bad score, maybe you aren't as smart as you think you are. And Kevin also admits to hating The Fifth Element, so gently caress that guy.

Anyway, I still like the show, but things like that make me not begrudge anyone for hating on them at all.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Flophouse is pretty loving great, and they have that same "really good friends sitting around having a laugh" vibe of YITB, except their film criticism is actually good.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

A Violence Gang posted:

Looking for a particular episode of We Hate Movies where they riff on Larry the Cable Guy, repeating "Hey cool!" throughout the episode. When I first recalled that bit and wanted to find it again, I assumed they had done an episode on one of his movies, but browsing the list I don't see one of those so maybe it just came up randomly. Anyone happen to know which one I'm thinking of?

e: Ah must be the Tooth Fairy 2 episode -- that is Larry the Cable guy but I was remembering the first one starring The Rock.

One thing I've noticed that I think escapes a lot of the bad movie podcasters: schmaltz actually works better than schlock. As evidence, I submit the WHMs on Invisible Child and One Magic Christmas. It's the inimitable quality of absurdity created by someone who isn't even trying, who has no idea how bizarre their work is, that you'll never get from a B horror movie.

One of my favorite WHM ever. Their disdain for Larry is just incredible. "COOL!"

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Haven't listened to WHM in awhile, I was almost crying with laughter during the Cat's Eye episode when they were going off on Louie Anderson's cat food hotdog :roflolmao:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Flophouse tied for 5th on the AV Clubs top 10 podcasts of the year list, there are people in the comments legitimately saying that HDTGM is better :negative:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

WHM's Tooth Fairy 2 episode is one of the funniest things I've ever heard and 90% of it is just them going "COOOL!" in a Larry the Cable Guy voice.

Also add me to the pile of fans of YITB. I hated it for the longest time but I listened to a couple of the later episodes and they seemed to get their copious editing under control. That inspired me to go back and listen to pretty much every single episode minus the first dozen or so which are crap. gently caress that site (other podcast?) that wanted to expose them.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Flophouse mailbag is sometimes my favorite part of the episode, except when the letter is some ridiculously overwritten :smuggo: internet poo poo.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Addicted to Love is my favorite WHM.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I kind of miss YITB. They may not have known poo poo about movies or how they are made but they had great chemistry and some of their injokes were absolutely hilarious. The beef meter (for hunky men) and "weak, weak man" specifically.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Mrs. Doubtfire episode of WHM, so loving good. Every time they busted out the impression I was cracking up.

Oooh dearie just making some mincemeat pies in the loo!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The whole riff on the California Raisins on the newest Flophouse made me cry with laughter.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Popelmon posted:

Hell Baby wasn't that bad but Freakdance was a piece of poo poo.

Hell Baby is fantastic if only for the Po' boy scene.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I love the Jesse Ventura impression. The Abraxas episode a couple weeks ago was a classic, to me.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Pallbearer is a good one, basically any episode with "good" impressions cracks me up.

edit: I think the Mortal Kombat episode will be fine, it's kind of been talked to death at this point and is ultimately neither bad or good, but hopefully it won't be as annoying as the HDTGM version. Listening to them attempt to understand the movie and characters was honestly embarassing.

The Duke fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 10, 2014

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I don't know when the "Sebulba is available" running gag started, but it cracks me up every time.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Planet of the Apes*

*and horses

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Rincewind posted:

My favorite bits from Invisible Child are all of the riffing on ten year old Mae Whitman's elaborate web of lies.

When they were talking about the teacher conference scene, so funny. And the homemade pizza after hot tubbing. THAT'S NOT A SNACK, THAT'S A MEAL!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I bought some lovely 8 pack of 80s teen comedy movies for $20 just because Tuff Turf was on there. One of my favorite episodes of WHM ever :mmmhmm:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Someone recommend Sorority Boys, want to hear their description of the dildo fight and their reaction to a guy trying to date rape his own brother dressed in drag.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

"Even Dorf Started Small" cracked me up real hard. That and the preceding riff about Michael Hanukkah were classic Flophouse bits.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

And it has The Giggler :smugdog:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I don't know if it's actually considered a good movie or not, but I'd kill to hear WHM's take on the "preteens save up to buy a prostitute for the express purpose to seeing her boobs" dramedy Milk Money.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I'm a week behind but how could WHM be so wrong about the Child's Play series? 3 is maybe the worst of them all and bride/seed are by far the most entertaining. I remember liking one and two cause I was young (stupid) and saw 3 in the theater and was just so loving bored throughout.

Is curse good? I stopped paying attention to things so I vaguely remember that was a thing.

Edit: oh yea, direct to video, that's why I ignored it. Read up the wiki plot outline, no thank you sirs.

I agree. They dismissed the series from the jump and are totally wrong about the newer films. Curse of Chucky and Bride of Chucky are awesome, and I've always been a fan of the first.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

And sometime Y,ITB fan club :awesome:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I still call friends of mine "weak, weak men" from time to time and rate movies on the beefcake scale.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

John Travolta pulling his balls out at a job interview is one of the funniest things ever on WHM :roflolmao:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Djeser posted:

I've listened to the first ten episodes of The Worst Idea In The World Podcast, which makes it about four hours of reviews of The Grownups 2.

I'm hoping to finish out the whole thing in time to catch the last couple episodes as they come out.

I started this and got to about 10 in but they just started getting drunk every episode and it seemed less funny as it went on. I do kind of want to finish it though, I already had a weird fascination with GW2 (and I've seen it like a dozen times myself :ughh: ) before I heard of the podcast thanks to the WHM episode about it.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Sabotage really is a miserable piece of poo poo

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I'm only annoyed that I haven't seen the movie yet (but was going to at some point) and I'm considering waiting until I've done so to listen :(

The Duke
May 19, 2004

GPTribefan posted:

Now I need to see the Elliot Gould vs. Predator 3 minute movie.... Sure to be a cinematic classic, as recommended by Eric Movie

Was just about to come in here in and post this. "Elliot Gould vs. Predator" is one of the funniest throwaway lines I've heard on the show in awhile.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Oh man, Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead. I must've seen that 30 times growing up, HBO ran it non-stop in the 90s. Haven't seen it in years, so this should be pretty funny.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

PUGGERNAUT posted:

The WHM episode about Abraxas is the funniest thing I've ever heard. Jesus Christ.

At this point its my most listened to episode for sure. I think it's the best and funniest episode they've done overall (though I'm a huge fan of the Addicted to Love episode too).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Oh god, House Arrest. I hope they talk a lot about that kid's terrible haircut!