Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

DrManiac posted:

Speaking of racism, I really wish one of the podcasts would do soul man

BAPS and Soul Man were two movies that comedy central aired constantly for many years, uncomfortably so. I always wondered if that wasn't a coincidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Urdnot Fire posted:

Dan does have a cat named Lulu, she just isn't the inspiration for that bit.

As featured as a distraction in the temptation episode (with pictures), if you were still skeptical there really is a cat, or a Stuart for that matter.
http://www.flophousepodcast.com/2014/01/episode-144-temptation-confessions-of-a-marriage-counselor/

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

The WHM Butterfly Effect episode reminds me that I saw that movie on TV years ago as part of one of those shows that bookends parts with trivia etc like "Dinner and A Movie" or "DVD on TV" . The tonal shifts were amazing between the movie and the TV bits.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Maduo posted:

I would have sworn it was Die Another Day but then I remembered they already did that :v:

If it is Bond, I'm gonna guess The World Is Not Enough. Pierce Brosnan Bond, Last movie for the original Q and Denise Richards as a nuclear physicist, seems like a safe bet.

What if its a John de Lancie movie?

edit: Totally didn't see the previous post suggesting this.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty clear weed reference, from context.

That is always what I thought, but in one of the recent episodes the riffing made it clear they meant alcohol in that case. So I don't know

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

kalensc posted:

I'm sure the Flophouse and HDTGM have great episodes and moments but they didn't tickle my funny bone as much as WHM does pretty much every episode. I'll try each of them again sometime, maybe a different episode will help it click.

Introduced my dad to WHM during a road trip a few weeks ago, he got a kick out of Hard Target, The Core, and Red Heat. Really wanted to share Gymkata too but that's not on the app; what's the best way to download an episode from before Boondock II?

http://www.whmpodcast.com/p/episodes.html if you are just on a computer vs needing a direct RSS feed

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 23, 2015

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Just chiming in to say that I'm really enjoying hooked on hooker so far. Keep up the good work.

Didn't like BIOOS but I don't have a fondness for conspiracy theories outside of making fun of either Jesse Ventura or Alex Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

AceOfFlames posted:

I really loving loved Space Jam as a kid and would watch it whenever it ran on TV. Every so often I wonder if I should watch it now as an adult to see if it holds up but I'm scared of shattering my good memories.

EDIT: Also, regardless of the quality of the movie itself, you can hardky deny that it had one of the greatest movie soundtracks of all time (R. Kelly not withstanding)

It's also fascinating when you know how much of na awful person MJ was off the court.