Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Sum Mors posted:

I remember the game being awful. Me and my brother just had to agree to never grapple each other because they were impossible to win with 2 people mashing the controllers. If we did grapple, we paused the game and did rock paper scissors to see who would get to do a move.

I got mad and threw the controller more times than I can remember because my older brother wouldn't stop grappling. It was god drat infuriating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Say Nothing posted:

He gambles and is dumb with money. I'm guessing he'll be broke in less than a decade.

It's really insane to me that people that rich don't just have someone with enough sense to tell them to squirrel away $10 million. Like Floyd, here's your play money. Please leave us enough money to live off of forever, but spend the rest how you want.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
He can't even spell squirrel. He knows how to box and that is literally it. He couldn't even read his kids a bedtime story.

He's an idiot is what I'm saying.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Wazzu posted:

It's really insane to me that people that rich don't just have someone with enough sense to tell them to squirrel away $10 million. Like Floyd, here's your play money. Please leave us enough money to live off of forever, but spend the rest how you want.

They do. It's just that those people tend to be as big an arsehole as the rich person is stupid and end up scamming/fleecing the money away.

Look at MC Hammer. Dude gave away/badly invested millions.

Then there's the Johnny Depp/Nicolas Cage situation, where the financial advisors are saying "hey maybe don't buy that 5th Lamborghini and don't invest in an ostrich farm. Please put some money away" and aren't listened to/blamed when things go wrong.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Don't an absurd number of NFL players wind up broke?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

dromal phrenia posted:

Don't an absurd number of NFL players wind up broke?

Most of them don't get anywhere near a Floyd-level rich phase, considering the rookie wage scale & all.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I meant it more as another example of people who are paid very highly for athletic competition, yet find themselves without money

people need to follow the mick foley approach towards saving

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Do people that rich ever get poor again, though? Like, dirt poor? At least in Germany, if you scratched fame there will always be an endorsement deal or some schmuck who wants to hire you as a DJ or whatnot. Celebrities might have a hard time re-reaching "swimming pool full of diamonds" levels of wealth but they wont ever have to live in a flat as tiny as mine, either.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

Do people that rich ever get poor again, though? Like, dirt poor? At least in Germany, if you scratched fame there will always be an endorsement deal or some schmuck who wants to hire you as a DJ or whatnot. Celebrities might have a hard time re-reaching "swimming pool full of diamonds" levels of wealth but they wont ever have to live in a flat as tiny as mine, either.

There's a 30 for 30 doc ESPN made about athletes who made obscene bank going broke. In one athlete's case, he actually tried to be sensible and invest but his advisor took him for a ride.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
Yeah, there are more than a few cases where a former pro athlete in the U.S. ends up broke due in part to 'friends' and/or advisors taking advantage and bleeding all of the money that they can.

Clinton Portis, a really good NFL player, made more than $40 million during his career. A few years after he retired he was practically broke thanks to shady investments that went south alongside spending money on cars and other things, as if the money would disappear if he left it unspent for too long. It got to the point where Mr. Portis considered killing one of the guys that fleeced him, but his friends managed to talk him out of it by saying something along the lines of, "You've lost all of that money, but think about how much more you and the rest of your family (especially your kids) are going to lose if you go ahead and kill that guy."

Even then, Mr. Portis admitted during an interview that if he had spotted the guy during one of the times he spent sitting outside the office building where said advisor worked at, he'd probably be giving the interview from prison.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

Living under a bridge, selling your Superbowl ring for Thunderbird or meth levels of poor, yes. It's not exactly common, but it has happened a couple times. "Died penniless" is also a phrase you hear thrown around about athletes from time to time, too.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

They've announced 13 of this year's King of Trios teams and a bunch of them are guest teams because 1) it's in England and 2) the current Chikara roster is in the TNA ballpark of sad.

But if any guest trio has caught my eye, it's these guys.

I'm loving Injustice 2 Bane, CJ Nitro and Party City Pentagon.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That guy's four pairs of sunglasses are fantastic. I hope they win it all!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

CJ Nitro owns

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

That's not something the famous character Doug from The Resurrection of Gavin Stone would do

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Breezango was always good. Alexa was always good

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Good technique tbf

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
This month's WWE comic has some great Wyatt faces.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I was thinking of getting a new avatar :allears:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Flip it and every post is suspicious.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Um, this is the coolest poo poo ever and the Wyatt family needs those for mania.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I fully endorse the recent trend of claiming that Bray Wyatt plays Dragula on every car trip.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
if only wwe portrayed the wyatts as insane horror movie villains after the shield feud

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jul 27, 2017

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I just noticed this at the end is that dude with the mustache get held back from taking a swing?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I just noticed this at the end is that dude with the mustache get held back from taking a swing?

Not only that, it looks like the guy holding him back is laughing (which is pretty justified)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hind end of the era where wrestler and fan violence was pretty common.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Someone post the gif of the old lady taking a swing at Woody

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

yeah the guy getting furious about the pantomime blowjob is the best part

also good: the attention paid to the balls, and (more evident in the full gif) the fact that the phantom dick is pretty dang big

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Oh YES!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

She said she was 15 I thought she was dead, officer.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Harley donated his hair to that dog.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 1, 2017

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
Why's Jerry hitting fat Dave Grohl?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Mayostard posted:

Why's Jerry hitting fat Dave Grohl?

It's Jimmy Hart.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 1, 2017

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Pictured: Andre The Giant (r.) and James Ellsworth, Sr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

To this day I cannot believe there was a large population of women who looked at Robert Gibson and thought "wow, I'd love to gently caress that"