Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

coconono posted:

I thought this was Neville's gimmick?

Only because all Cruiserweights are buried

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Move over Tony Nese!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1l6cMOu6fc

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

lol The Great Kasaki is an irl friend of mine and I will not have you disparage his name. Also, that crowd is probably the biggest he has worked in front of in a long time, barring a couple trips to Japan to wrestle for DDT. The business in western Canada is... not good...

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Dillbag posted:

lol The Great Kasaki is an irl friend of mine and I will not have you disparage his name. Also, that crowd is probably the biggest he has worked in front of in a long time, barring a couple trips to Japan to wrestle for DDT. The business in western Canada is... not good...

Pretty sure that goes for most things west Canada including property.

No wonder why Ontario is still the center of Canadian wrestling.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Dillbag posted:

I thought ECCW was doing pretty well. To be fair it's been 3 years since I saw a show live so I can't claim expertise on that.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Renaissance Spam posted:

I thought ECCW was doing pretty well. To be fair it's been 3 years since I saw a show live so I can't claim expertise on that.

I think he's working for All-Star wrestling these days.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Lmao the Shoppers

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
We wrestled at a shopping mall and laughed at all the shoppers

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The Twinkie Czar posted:

We wrestled at a shopping mall and laughed at all the shoppers

Not "shoppers", "Shoppers". Look at the background.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Take a look at this non-canadian scrub rear end scrub.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
The Dead Milkmen are from Philadelphia so their lyrics are most appropriate for ECW jokes anyway.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
What happens when you don't put a roof on the War Games cage

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
What is it

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

The attendance I think

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Took me a second to figure out from the photo too. Those 2 sections on the hard cam side were essentially empty, there were a handful of floor seats that were empty the whole show, and the entire top section of the arena was taped off. Definitely a different feeling than being in Brooklyn for the first Takeover there. Still a fun, fun show.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That’s sad to see but I feel like houston has a lot to do with that. I can’t imagine they won’t sell out in Philly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

That’s sad to see but I feel like houston has a lot to do with that. I can’t imagine they won’t sell out in Philly.

They didn't sell out any of the four events for Summerslam weekend.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

They didn't sell out any of the four events for Summerslam weekend.
Did the resellers lose a ton of money again because that was my favourite thing about Summerslam weekend 2016

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

St Evan Echoes posted:

Did the resellers lose a ton of money again because that was my favourite thing about Summerslam weekend 2016

I have no clue how many bought tickets but if they did they must've lost their asses.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cool

Actually I don’t think anyone took a bath on Summerslam 16 but the other 3 shows they did for sure, I could have picked up deece seats for $10 for Raw iirc

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Byron powered down for the night.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Which just reminds me of the fact that it's been 20+ years and Cole has been either white noise or dreadful for large chunks of it (I really dug him and Tazz on Smackdown), but every so often you get a show where Vince isn't screaming in his ear and the improvement is extraordinary. He and Nigel were great as a team.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhKisE5000I

This video rules because Steve Austin rules, but Michael Cole is horrendous.

HE IS KICKIN' BUTT. HE IS KICKIN' BUTT AND TAKIN' NAMES

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I can't tell if he's going in or coming out of the ring, and I'm not sure which is scarier :ohdear:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

why are you doing this, you crazy old gently caress?

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Who and what is that

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Michinoku Pro's GREAT SPACE WAR from last year. The guy in the barrel is Great Sasuke. He is 48 years old. There is another Great Space War match coming up and Sasuke regularly takes insane bumps in the matches which are themed after movies & US pop culture mostly.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

Michinoku Pro's GREAT SPACE WAR from last year. The guy in the barrel is Great Sasuke. He is 48 years old. There is another Great Space War match coming up and Sasuke regularly takes insane bumps in the matches which are themed after movies & US pop culture mostly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFV4KGmdooM

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

48 minutes in for two spectacularly insane bumps. Good lord.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

My favorite part of this match is how the ring is slowly disassembled as the match goes on. I was hoping they would completely break down the ring, and the wrestlers would gradually work their way backstage, and then the show would be over without the fans even knowing.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It also has one of the best rope breaks ever and the nastiest powerbomb

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Great Sasuke once tried to throw one of the Brahmans into Tokyo rush hour traffic. Had there not been anti-suicide fencing put up, he would have succeeded.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

the great thing is that this one isn't even the one in the picture that was posted which had The Suicide Squad vs. Godzilla, Mothra, and the Justice League

Wait no Godzilla was on The Suicide Squad's team

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 12, 2017

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I just saw this and said "sasuke you maniac gently caress" out loud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

I only saw this post on my phone the first time. Now seeing it on my PC I have noticed a lot of uh....interesting things. Oddly, the man flying through the air inside a barrel raises the least number of questions of all.

So far I see the Joker from Batman, a man wearing nothing but a thong and wrestling boots, a face painted silver, a Viking (maybe, not sure about this one), and possibly the worlds worst haircut.