Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

beggar posted:

Look at Jake's smile. Dude looks legitimately happy. I hope Scott's gets there.

I'm guessing Scott is still drunk, between his eyes and being in the wheelchair (when I went in for treatment, they tossed me in a wheelchair during intake because I was so dehydrated that raising my arms above my head for a chest X-ray winded me to the point of nearly passing out; it looks like Scott may have had a rough time getting off the plane). But I'm glad to see that he's with DDP and Jake. Fingers crossed. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

C. Everett Koop posted:

Even if DDP extends his life another 6 months, he's doing God's work.

After watching Beyond the Mat and the Heroes of Wrestling disaster and seeing where Jake was even back then in 1999 ... that Jake has hit at least 60 days of sobriety means that DDP is already worthy of canonization. If he can get Scott straightened out, gently caress it, DDP has become a just and loving God.

Thauros posted:

Keep in mind also that DDP and Jake might be picking him up from the hospital/treatment center where he underwent detox. The one time I was discharged from a hospital they insisted on wheeling me out even though I was certainly healthy enough to walk.

That's definitely an airport; the sign behind them reads "Terminal North" and those are baggage pallets behind them.

Timby fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Feb 19, 2013

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Cactus Jack posted:

The caption is so perfect it has to be a rib.

Didn't Patterson only come out privately with Vince Sr., and not out himself as gay to the rest of the WWF until sometime in the 1990s?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Red is Dead posted:

so does not drinking and snorting lines of coke turn you into a complete lardo?

A fairly common side-effect / warning sign of cirrhosis is something called ascites, which is a buildup of fluid in your abdomen, which causes it to swell.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

achillesforever6 posted:

I didn't know he was balding that badly.
E: Or is his hair there and I'm just not looking close enough

His hairline was already receding during his Raw / ECW commentary days:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Funaki, New Jack, Kong, ???, stuck :smith: ?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

D-Von? :stare:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

bartok posted:

It led to him dry humping Matt Hardy during the Royal Rumble so it was worth it.

:stare:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hoarr posted:

Yeah, those were gross.

Are they all squatting to take a poo poo?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

John Cena posted:

i think he's just a realy patriotic wisonsinite who doesn't see politics just leaders

Hey.

Hey.

This Wisconsite says :fuckoff:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hoarr posted:

In honor of the anniversary of Sting vs Hogan at WCW Starrcade '97, here's some things from WCW WorldWide.

*Click to Enlarge*

The best part of this is that it's a February 1998 issue promoting a December 1997 match.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gavok posted:

That's pretty much how all magazines work. The publishing date tends to be about two months ahead of when they're put on the shelf. That way they don't seem so out of date when it's hitting the final stretch before being replaced.

Oh, I know that, I worked in print for ages until I realized I was witnessing an industry that was clinically dead and experiencing its final death spasms before rigor mortis sets in. It's just an amusing detail.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I actually had to look up Michelle McCool to confirm that was her. She's apparently been overwritten by Summer Rae in my blonde diva memory bank.

Is she still with Undertaker?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ozz81 posted:

How is it that Trish looks like she hasn't aged a day, yet Lita looks almost nothing like she did when she wrestled? :psyduck:

A life away from the Hardys and not dolling yourself up anymore helps to make a nearly-40 woman look pretty great. She's almost two years older than Trish.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Thauros posted:

Also from the same show:

Steen's chunking up again. Man, and he lost all that weight for his WWE tryout, too...

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Can't access imgur at work to post the image directly, but it's funny that Mickey Rourke, who was worried about a worked fight with Jericho, is now dabbling in boxing.

I'm pretty sure it was Rourke's handlers who pulled him out of the match because they didn't want anything to mess with his Oscar chances.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Germ Incubator posted:

Awesome, I just made an account with Tenso to try and order through the njpw site but this is even easier

MiketheGreat posted:

I just ordered it from Amazon's Japanese site. Total came to about $25 CAD with shipping to Canada.

Ordering anything from Japan is kind of a mistake if you're hoping to get it anytime in the near-to-mid future. There have been serious delays at West Coast ports due to labor and equipment issues for the past six months. Stuff that was expected to arrive in September / October was getting offloaded and distributed in January.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Grendels Dad posted:

They should bring him back as the Anti-Wyatt, a happy go lucky type of guy who is absolutely oblivious to how loving creepy he is.

That's Bo Dallas.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dancing Peasant posted:

Owen's funeral?

Looks like it.

And of course Hogan would wear a loving do-rag to a funeral.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mike Rotunda and his wife are both normal-looking people and I have no idea how their children turned out the way they did.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

TheHock posted:

Why don't I get invited to any of the cool weddings?

Ric, I ... I really hope that's sparkling grape juice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Cavauro posted:

i didn't know LJN was created solely to circumvent the number of nintendo games one company was allowed to publish per year, and had one of the worst reputations of any publishing brand, because them wwf games were all right.

Konami did the same thing in creating Ultra.