Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MrTpug posted:

He's such an rear end...why do I love it so much?

Because he's a FUNNY rear end, which counts for a lot in his profession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

incredible bear posted:

Who doesn't?

Bret's best match, Owen's best match, and while my knowledge on them all isn't perfect, probably Wrestlemania's best match between 4-12.

Also does anyone have all of Rey's special Wrestlemania costume pictures? I'm sure that would get the non-WWE PSP guys to understand what they're missing.

I respectfully disagree about it being Bret's best match, Survivor Series '97 vs Austin is an amazing match. Like, legit *****, although Bret vs Owen is terrific also, I just felt the Austin match is better.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Duck of Death posted:

Hopefully he means SS96, which is better than all of those.

I meant SS' 96, I am a fool.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Ah, the guy wants to remember what he accomplished in the biz. Nothing wrong with that. This isn't like Warrior owning like 10 different colored copies of the IC and WWF titles.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Remember how I said Bryan Clark's custom belt was a nice way of celebrating what he accomplished in his career?

Hurricane Helms is like the direct inverse of that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Has nothing to do with taking them seriously. Clark's belt is tasteful, Helms just comes off like an ego stroke for a gimmick he doesn't even work anymore because he's bitter at the company that rightly fired his dumb rear end.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 13, 2013

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

El Generico/El Local tag team please

Fixed it for you.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That picture of Vince with the cigar is odd because I could have sworn I've read on multiple occasions that he thinks smoking is straight up gross.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Steen is awesome. He really "gets" how to be entertaining better than most.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Sin Cara Undulates Madly.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Pretty sure that's Mantis right next to Delirious.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kifisonfire posted:

Punk in a fedora, the cheapest of heat.

That guy Punk is with is actually a really cool guy. His name's Damian and he's in a punk band called hosed Up, they're really good. For some reason he also does a part-time gig as a host of an indie show for Muchmusic called the wedge. He's also a really big wrestling fan I once talked to ROH about at a show they did here for like 10 minutes, it was cool.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

LightsGameraAction posted:

Now I'm holding out hope for another surprise Double-A Spinbuster at Mania.

Man, that got such a big pop when he popped in to put Taker on his rear end. I honestly thought it might get the pin, and it was such a great spinebuster.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 25, 2013

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Normally I hate it when celebrities show off how cool their lives are, but there's something about The Rock that makes all right.

I suspect this is because the folks given to showing off how great their lives are usually the ones did gently caress all to earn it. With The Rock, NOBODY, AND THE ROCK MEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAANS NOBODY would ever question his work ethic.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I feel like there's a strong possibility the guy next to him in the first pic is being told "he talks too much".

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Gotta love Punk rockin' the Cesaro shirt. Always puttin' his friends over. Good times.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
My hope is that they end up doing a David vs Goliath thing with Heyman siding with Lesnar.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
People need to realize that Cabana is a basically a Jewish Tommy Dreamer (nothing wrong with that, the business could use a few more people as unselfish as Tommy), right down to the fact that he wears free shirts if people give them to him and does a lot of jobs to benefit whatever company he works for. poo poo, Punk once told a story about how when he and Colt first went to wrestling school, he gravitated towards Colt because he figured Colt was a dirty kid who didn't have a lot of clothes because he wore the same basketball camp shirt every day. Turns out that Cold literally had like, 7 or 8 copies of the same shirt.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Gotta love the guy in the Cena shirt doing the rainmaker pose.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jesus, Sammartino looks like he could still gently caress somebody up for looking at him funny.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
And Corey Graves is Sterling James Keenan, who was reasonably popular in PA indies.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Here we see that Chris Jericho does not quite understand the birthday bumps.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Punk's twitter has been just photos of him at baseball games lately. Guy is enjoying his time off, and it's well deserved.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That pic where Cena is bleeding like a stuck pig is an amazing pic.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Pretty sure that's Cliff Compton and not Stevie.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That Raven and Saturn match is probably the best match on that show, and actually a legit good match in general.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

LividLiquid posted:

It was weird watching the nWo go on forever without end when The Flock had a proper breakup and made some stars in the process. Kidman going on to win the Cruiserweight title the next night after turning face by saving Saturn is a wrestling memory I like quite a bit.

Not only that, but when Saturn and Raven got back together it did well, in part because after the feud ended they stayed the gently caress away from each other for a while.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Was Kobashi the puro guy who got his nipple clamped by a crab on the beach? I seem to remember it being a big NOAH guy, but don't recall if it was him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Can't decide if Sandow or Bryan has the more amazing facial expression there.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The DVD cover for Mayhem looks like an indy company's DVD art. Pretty fuckin' sad.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Because he's fat white guy pretending to be an Iraqi sympathizer while making a popeye face?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Tajiri and Bray Wyatt pull off those hats in the sense that nobody would dare mouth off to their faces about it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Back when she was being pushed, somebody did a side by side of a promo pic of Melina all dolled up, and nekkid with the Tag team titles covering her wobbly bits, and then showed a screen cap of her sitting in the front row while listening to the trainers on Tough Enough. The difference was ridiculous.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Well, at least he wasn't bullshitting when he said he was going to Disneyworld.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
She's pretty good at matching his facial expressions.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He actually joked in his book that Ribera is Japanese for "I am a wrestler and have been on a Japanese tour". He has one.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

Luger looks pretty good I guess but what's his bodyfat percentage?

More importantly, what does he bench?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sir Jebus posted:

He sold his old ring robe for charity, which is pretty cool.

It takes a big man to sell things worth thousands when he himself is not doing well, then give those thousands to those even less fortunate.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hirams Bitch posted:

I'm still waiting for you and all these other fuckers to apologize to me for being so wrong about the Miz.

You still don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It was kinda like the Me Want title match promo. I was vaguely amused at the time and afterwards felt dumber for having seen it and enjoyed it on any level.