Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Ever since he first came on the scene I've wanted to see this recreated with Ryback, but instead he just devours the entire plate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

This reminds me of that WO quote where some company put out a line of WCW air fresheners and WCW BEGGED them to please make a Kevin Nash one even though they didn't want to. I can see WCW begging for a Nash pennant and the company saying "No thanks, I think we'll go with Disco Inferno instead."

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Thauros posted:

Belts?

Belts!

How did Quack get this many belts and how much did he have to spend at highspots.com to buy them?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I posted scans from some weird stuff in WWF Magazine before and people seemed fine with it, so I was thinking it could be cool to occasionally go through an issue and post some of the stranger/cooler images contained therein. Please just let me know if this isn't kosher.

This issue is from July 1995 and is the hype issue for King of the Ring. This is not a good period for WWE, as demonstrated by the KOTR participants previewed in the mag: Undertaker, Mabel, Shawn Michaels, Kama, Bob Holly, The Roadie (Vic Venom's pick to win it all!), Razor Ramon, and Yokozuna.

The real star of this issue is last year's winner: Owen Hart. The issue is full of awesome pictures of smug King Owen.

But he's not always smug. Sometimes he's very self-satisfied instead.

Each month had a superstar feature with a pull-out poster and interview. The answer to the last question in this one is particularly :(

This month also had a feature on little DH Smith, the British Bulldog's son. Here he is being excited out of his mind to do pretend commentary with the legendary Aldo Montoya.

He is not thrilled, however, to have to hang out with Bob Holly. Sparky Plugg is trying to show off his race car but DH Smith is having none of that poo poo.

Two friends share a loving glance as a Diesel doll takes more offense than Kevin Nash ever has.

I always felt that WWF missed a golden opportunity by not letting JTT get the urn and control the Undertaker.

Look at this suave motherfucker. Piper, always ahead of his time, wearing "No Fear" apparel a few years before it became popular. If only he had trademarked it.

King Kong Bundy killing his namesake. Man, woman, or ape, the man does not give a poo poo. He will kill you.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

The video game question always seemed the weirdest because 99% of the guys would say "I don't play video games." Then Jeff Jarrett said "Goldeneye 007" in his and I became the world's only 10 year old Jeff Jarrett fan.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Wrestling needs more chainsaws

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

The duster, the fanny pack, the WWE polo shirt...what an amazing fashion statement.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

njsykora posted:

0 to champions in 6 months. Also Seth's face is hilarious.

At home Dave Meltzer shakes his head furiously, unable to see this image

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I thought this one was the best by far:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

How many wrestlers ran their own websites in the '90s? I remember reading Jericho's commentary on his site in '98 all the time.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Did the nWo configuration in the first picture of this WCW sheet set ever actually exist? I can't recall Bret Hart and Lex Luger being in the nWo when Scott Hall was actually present.

Also, Goldberg looks like he's passing something big through his colon.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

:smuggo:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

All these detailed drawings on horrible gimmicks, but I bet they just scrawled Aldo Montoya's outfit on a napkin and called it a day.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Jesus, Justin Roberts is some sort of Silent Hill-esque flesh monster with no eyes.

I think Cena's shirt refers to how long Yukes has been using this engine.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Ozz81 posted:

IIRC they used to do that too whenever they had wrestlers do their "signature poses" or whatnot, like back in the attitude era, so they could overlay onto the screen when matches were announced. Or just goofy stuff, like when Mick Foley did his Dude Love gimmick and had videos of him flying around or dancing with all sorts of weird backgrounds.

I remember like two years ago when every entrance video required the wrestlers to pose in that one dark tunnel and in front of those dark arches. You could see the same arches like 10 times on one RAW.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I wonder if you can pick the WWE Legend to host your Dollar General Doritos party. Can I get the Honky Tonk Man and listen to bitter rants all night?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Gonz posted:

I'm fairly certain for for $100 bucks, HTM would do that. No contest required.

I think you're right. I'll go with DDP instead so I can listen to him continually talk about how JACKED UP the Doritos are.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Out of change? Warrior recommends 1-800-COLLECT for phoning your home planet

He's an easy lover. He'll tear your heart out but you won't need it

More crazy warrior photos here: http://www.wwe.com/classics/never-before-seen-ultimate-warrior-photos

Tato fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 17, 2013

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Is that Hall picture from one of his son's shows? Say hello to the Dad Guy.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Good poster highlighting one of the most famous superstars holding the most prestigious belt in the WWE today. Outside of any context though, it's a pretty good image.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

It looks like they hired the award winning Limp Bizkit photoshop kid to make those Benoit photos.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

This picture right here justifies every dollar WCW ever paid Buffer.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

That Miz belt photo is terrifying, the people who work for WWE.com are loving sick and should be ashamed of themselves for doing that.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

sticklefifer posted:

May I remind you that Edge was in that Highlander movie that one time.

For like 8 seconds and they talked about it for months on Smackdown.

I remember seeing a big feature on that on WWF LiveWire or Superstars. I got to see like 30 different angles of Edge grimacing and picking up a big rock. He was excellent in the role.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

What the hell, they were making Sting wrestle with his shirt on even back in '99?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I know Alvarez looks like a little kid and I'm still astounded each time I see him in a photo. Totally diggin' Dave's rugged manly style of no undershirts.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

They're missing out on a lot of merch money by not pushing Mysterio and Sin Cara. They should market those fat shirts Mysterio wears now that he's off steroids, kids can use them at the pool.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

That's before they triple powerbombed him through a table right?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

sticklefifer posted:

I for one love that we live in an age where wrestlers who have fallen out of favor with crowds can win them back by being hilarious.

Saving a school bus of children is what put him back in my good graces. Hardy is a hero

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Looks more like he's joining the Rock N' Rave Infection.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Jericho looks way better there than he does on TV when he makes his hair stick up. He's also starting to look like Roddy Piper.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Hey Roman, it's another guy who says your matches are getting boring already. What do you think?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

You okay there, Stone Cold?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I believe it's a video game magazine from the UK, so your British sense powers are spot on.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

YEE HAW

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

The picture makes me think of Kendrick and London's story about Benoit wanting to hide in closets and watch.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

The faces in that crowd, the action at the forefront, Jesus Christ.

Space Mountain is closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Big Dave Meltzer next to Scott Hall, rocking the suit when his denim or leather would have been appropriate. You can never peg this guy's style down.