Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

I would like some context for this please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Matlock posted:

Yep. Here's WWE in the modern era, for comparison.

This seems to be saying that the WWE title changed hands in 2012.

Not to be all anal about a wrestling graph but still.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

I feel like I remember that but I don't remember the context.

content:

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Probably in my top five Mania matches of all-time but every time I think of it I can't help but remember the big rear end wad of snot right above Owen's mouth during his postmatch promo.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Can anyone recommend a good compendium for wrestling-related desktop wallpaper? Google, tumblr, and deviantart have all failed me.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Little Mac posted:

That absolute most depressing wrestling picture.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

stpatrickssday.jpg

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

God, I wish this match were better.

Two guys both hitting their finisher in the first minute of the match is an interesting idea, but not for the main event of Wrestlemania. Especially because not twenty minutes prior Undertaker and Shawn Michaels had probably the best pro wrestling match I've ever seen.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Are there any pictures of Andre that aren't awesome and/or hilarious?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

I used to look at Michael McGillicutty and think "wow that dude looks nothing like his dad" but now I totally get it holy crap.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

LightsGameraAction posted:

Gaahhhh... why the hell were they laying into him that hard?

Alberto probably told them to.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

apsouthern posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the stars of Wrestlemania 29...

If anybody else on the roster was ever in a game this awesome then they'd deserve to be the star of Mania too :colbert:

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

I recognize Cody Rhodes, Stevie Richards(?), and Ryback, but who's the dude on the left?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

That makes way more sense but it does totally look like Stevie Richards.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

She looks pretty fantastic for a woman who's a mother of two and working a full time job.

Well she's also filthy loving rich so she can afford personal trainers and dieticians and nannies and yadda yadda so it's not like she's some blue collar mom with normal people struggles.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Today is May 19 and thus I request hilarious Kane pictures tia

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Fulfilling my own request (but keep 'em coming!)

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

My first thought is "good for her, she deserves to be champ." A very close second is "she also deserves to carry around a less hideous and embarrassing belt."

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

Ryback Rules??? :confused:

"My special juice is gonna help me win."

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Meat Recital posted:

It doesn't matter who your idol is, 10 year olds should not be dressing like that.

Thanks Dad. :rolleyes:

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Most of those photos are awesome (though Miz with Winged Eagle is a little blech), but this one is pretty much a thing of beauty.

Daniel Bryan with WE around his waist was also pretty amazing.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Thauros posted:

Aforementioned Bret Hard AOL pic for content:

I'm pretty sure this is my favorite picture of a wrestler ever.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

LividLiquid posted:

Can somebody fill me in?

It's El Generico? Not sure what's ambiguous here.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

LividLiquid posted:

I don't know who that is, beyond hearing his name mentioned here a number of times. So anybody who doesn't follow indies wouldn't really get what's going on.

That guy Sami Zayn in developmental who everyone is going apeshit over?

Same guy.

How is it even possible that you post on this forum and don't know who he is?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

e: nevermind. Liquid should learn how to use google but that's all I'm gonna say.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

LividLiquid posted:

How would you have googled a wrestler whose name you don't know using only a picture of his mask? I'm being serious here. Is there a way to do that?

Well, the part where I told you his name was intended to be helpful but I guess you managed to find a way around that.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Dancing Peasant posted:

I'd like to imagine that they came out to the Nation of Domination theme song

Well they were wrestling the Nation so that would have been silly!

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Red posted:

I don't watch How I Met Your Mother anymore. Was there ever a scene where Marshall meets Lily's family, and has to explain the facepaint that won't come off?

This episode is from a few years ago. It's a flashback to when Ted's hipster douchebag girlfriend in college "ironically" said that she had tickets to Wrestlemania. A few seconds later Lily runs in dressed as Hacksaw Jim Duggan. My favorite part is that it's been established that they were in college in the mid/late 90s so even back then the costumes would have been incredibly outdated.

e: HIMYM has some fun wrestling references on it.

A suit with diamond pinstripes

Karmine fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 27, 2013

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Red posted:

Eh, actually, I don't really care, but being sarcastic about it somewhat seems to suggest a lot more to you guys.

My gripe is that she seems fairly nice/talented/etc., and has a great look. A long-term relationship with someone in his position at least opens the door for her to adopt his lifestyle choices. That would suck, as she's like one of three women in WWE who actually have some talent. But I'm just speculating, so.

You're being really judgmental about a dude you know nothing about and it all started because he got engaged to someone you've heard of. If he's on steroids who gives a gently caress? If Kaitlyn decides "I wanna do steroids because look how well it works for my boyfriend!" That's her dumbass decision to make. It's called agency and women are allowed to have it.

E: and for that matter I love the idea that she's been a pro wrestler for however long but this, THIS is the thing that could lead to her taking steroids.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Perfidus posted:

I've noticed Bray and Bo look vaguely Asian in some ways. Did IRS marry an Asian chick?

Either mom or dad (I forget) is part Native American.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Perigryn posted:

Well, their dad is Mike Rotundo who I assume is Italian and their mom is Barry Windham's sister (and that whole family looks pretty caucasian).

None of this in any way precludes them from being Native American.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

I Before E posted:

That entire outfit belongs in a garbage bag.

A simple grey suit is that offensive to you?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

I Before E posted:

Sometimes people exaggerate for the sake of a joke.

Notwithstanding the fact that jokes are generally supposed to be funny, I still don't understand what's wrong with his suit. Did you just see an opportunity for wordplay and dive at it? I can dig that. Regardless, I think it's a dope rear end suit.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Fashion is stupid and I'm eternally sorry that I ever said anything about it Mike Quackenbush (allegedly) has a small penis.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

KING: well aren't you, y'know. . .queer?

GOLDUST: NO. (punches King)

And that was how you did a babyface turn in 1997.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Tato posted:

If he wants to move merch, then he should suggest a Sperm Snake™ shirt. Ideally, the back would have some stupid phrase written in the same cum splatter font as that one AJ Styles TNA shirt.

If memory serves the name of that design on shopTNA was "DISCHARGE."

Also it's bothering me that JJ is the coolest looking one in that Horsemen photo. Lex looks like a nervous prom date, Arn looks like that prom date's dad (which, I acknowledge, is the Arn Aesthetic), Tully looks like he just hit on his niece at Thanksgiving dinner, and maybe it's just me but there's something about Ric Flair in double-breasted pinstripes that just rubs me the wrong way.

I have no idea why this is bothering me this much other than it's the Horsemen and I know they're better than that but yuck.