Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

God drat do I love the Paul E. Dangerously character.

Such a perfect sleazy 80's businessman

He almost makes me want to watch 80's WCW.

Almost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

Kifisonfire posted:

So apparently this is from a toy series which took the wrestler's finishers literally and now I need to find more of them

ahahah, I want that Bret Hart figure like, yesterday.
http://www.toymania.com/news/toyfair99/toybiz/wrestling/ringmast.shtml

EDIT: Upon checking Ebay, there's one for "Hollywood" Hogan (Stage, Camera, Megaphone, Clapper Directors Chair) and one for Rick "Dog Face Gremlin" Steiner of all people. Except it's technically the best figure in the lot, cause they gave him a literal dog-faced gremlin that's the same drat size as Rick.

WeX Majors fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 15, 2013

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
ROH really loving annoys me when it comes to this poo poo. At some point, I started to download every clip related to CM Punk in ROH that became popular, because they're just loving notorious about not wanting this poo poo online. Unfortunately, I kept forgetting to get the full entrance for his last match, which (if I'm not mistaken) isn't on the Summer of Punk dvd, and was only present online in the form of one clip on one of the gaming websites (gamespot, I think?).

Almost makes me wish a different company would take over, so that we can get this poo poo online.

WeX Majors fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 18, 2013

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

ROH is trying to funnel their money towards the Ringside Membership when it comes to old clips of stuff.

Which I would have no problem with whatsoever, if they would actually put that poo poo up there.
I literally went and gave them $8 to renew, just to see if there was anything on there I wanted to watch.
They have the Allied Forces DVD, but only the actual event, The Punk/Joe Trilogy is completely absent.
The Generico/Danielson hug isn't there, hell, the event itself is missing.

It would be really hard to find any of these big "Holy poo poo, you have to watch this!" clips that ROH has had in abundance on that site.

As even more proof, and because I had the disc literally inches away from my keyboard, I decided to double check what the Punk/Cabana match is like on the DVD.
You all know this match right? The big emotional entrances, Punk crying as he comes through the curtain?

The Streamers? The iconic image they'd go on to use the drat box art for it when it gets released?

Well guess where the SoP dvd starts?

I don't get this, well, okay, I do. Barry Manillow, AFI, and Bouncing Souls all within about 5 minutes of each other. But if you don't want to pay the licensing rights for the songs, then don't be a douchnozzle about taking down the clips.

EDIT: Because now I feel bad that my bitching might have made people miss cool Matt Classic pics:

kdrudy posted:

Just noticed a new picture thread, so here are a few pictures of the greatest old time wrestler around that I took last summer:

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

Jerusalem posted:

Undertaker: A monolith who continues to weather all tests of time and perseverance despite all logic and reason saying his time MUST have passed by now.

I REALLY enjoyed this idea, and they seem to have agreed with you a bit JRu, but that whole "Last Cowboy" schtick just never stuck.
Now if he had this goin for the last few years, every time he tries to retire, some young Punk(AHEM) has to go and ruin the celebration and Taker just sighs and begrudgingly puts on his Holster and Hat/Gloves and Eyeliner.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
CM!

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

Such an awesome picture, Generico deserves every opportunity to make as much money as he can get.

We'll get to see Generico and Bryan again!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKC3XOK_Qzk

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
For posterity sake, although how there isn't immediately an image gallery of super high res shots of this Pretty Big News on the website, Yo No Se

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

Thank You, Ye Ole' Assistant To Managing Supervisor

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

The_Rob posted:

Get the briscoes to join swagger's crew wearing exactly this and you got yourself a faction.

Cornette wouldn't like that very much

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
It looks like Punk's haunting Taker, and I love it for that.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

Suben posted:

Man the NWA title has never been more respectable...

I don't even know who the gently caress that is. Stasiak?

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

Kifisonfire posted:

Did you watch it with headphones at full volume or something? Because I could hear fine with my laptop speakers.

Dude the first comment is like "this will rape your eardrums" and even at super low volumes, it's clearly distorted to poo poo. A warning would have been nice.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

LividLiquid posted:

Congrats on getting this quote right for the first time in the history of the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOugNisFgVo

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

Is there anyone even left alive in that pic these days? The Von Erich story really is up there with Benoit and Guerrero as "Stories that make you want to get out of wrestling"

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
It actually took me until I blew the last pic up to maximum size to realize that was Heyman.

Still bummed I couldn't afford tickets to this.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
I am vaguely aware of Kobashi. I know he FIGHTING SPIRITUU cancer, I know he chops like a motherfucker. But I'm afraid I just don't know that much about the man. Can anyone give me a summary? I feel like this almost any time one of the big stars of Japan comes up, and it really bums me out how much the language barrier really influences how much I can get into a match.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
I would love that name, but no one on that team is awful, so who has to be Meowth?

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Cena's face is great in that. But I'm missing the gag I think. They're Top Dollar? Splitting The Bill? Some Other Money Pun?

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Dear lord.
They put a thong on a guy dressed in an Elmo costume.
Is that a real sentence I just typed?

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
If ROH were like a comic book universe, than technically yes. Although I don't remember if this was his last Generico match or the PWG one.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Somebody needs to make her a Bayley CAW where the only moves she has are variations of a Bear Hug.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
My favorite part of Danielson to WWE was the endless "Biff McLargeHuge" the internet did about what silly name he would have.
If this officially opens the floodgates back open for these two, I'm considering it an early christmas present.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
His match are rather meh, but his character is loving...GOD drat do I love the character work they have doing in Orlando.
First off, watch the front row when Bo actually pins him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS6QmIk8Fek
that's loving *real* emotion for a wrestling match. I love that poo poo.
So because NXT is mostly filled with smarks who go to every single show because whatthefuckelsedoyoudoinOrlando, most of the crowd chants are this weird mix that we've mostly come to associate with Chikara and ROH. But Bo? Bo might be the only genuine heel in the company.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlQOz4RCN40

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
When was that article/picture from, because there's no way in hell any wrestling company cared about that past 1997 or so.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Even with my terrible Photoshop ability, I had to try it and see

It's like a weird game of Pac-Man.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
I was actually under the impression it was a homage to a more current poster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_of_the_Doctor

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

Shoehead posted:

Valentine's Day wouldn't be complete without the wrestling world's Cassanova, Phil "Chick Magnet" Brooks.

PLEASE tell me this is supposed to be some sort of Lantern Corp reference. Because if this pic is implying that by boning all of these women, Punk has somehow developed the ability to resurrect the dead, I think that'd be quite a shock for Punk

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
There's a bunch of old pictures we've seen for years, but this article I found thanks to the fannypack link explains The Zubaz Thing. Turns out The Road Warriors made the god drat thing.

http://www.wwe.com/classics/the-road-warriors-and-zubaz-26135528

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
The Network will occasionally air "Best Of RAW" episodes, where it's just the whole aired episode for two hours. It's awesome cause it leads to poo poo like this

That's not blurry, that's just the weird animated font they were using for our ol' buddy Vic there.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

Daniel Bryan posted:

Part of the Nitro set somewhere in the WWE warehouse:

Fixed, because I really miss that set.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
No guys, he said it himself

WeX Majors fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 27, 2014

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

Man if I got that letter in the mail, I'd read it on air too.

WeX Majors fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 7, 2014

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
While those responses are entirely justified, I was kinda curious myself to know if such pictures existed.

Sure enough, a quick image search gave me my answer.

You can't really capture a Stunner in just a picture. At best, it's a before/after picture where its the two people falling and the next is how the other person sells it.

Now a Rock Bottom on the other hand:

I think it's more due to the fact that it's less "Wrestling Move Looking" and it's just a fancy slam. I believe when that black and white one got posted originally, this thread said it was the best pic, but YMMV.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
He's also got an Ultimate Muscle-Variant in a headlock.

So two Ultimate Wrestling references, in one page!

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Look guys, that new outfit allows for maximum mobility.
Why, it's like he's wearing nothing at all!

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
All things considered, this is quite a fantastic way to write a summary of the match.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Well this is on the front page of imgur today so technically it counts

EDIT: and I could of just posted this a few minutes later and been super cool :(

WeX Majors fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 16, 2015

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Nah man, it's even better. Look at the way that top W is peeling up. That whole logo is made with individual strips of white tape. Which makes it even more awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

Two Beans posted:

But then a miracle happened. The dead kid Never Gave Up on life, so he rises to his feet as he channels his life force into a viable aura of Hustle Loyalty Respect.

CENA USED: HUSTLE.LOYALTY.RESPECT!

ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE!