Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Konig
Feb 24, 2012

This stink up's mega
bam-bam to the J-Stop
Alright, parent grinding finished, now I just need to recruit Brady (easy) and Nah (sorta hard) and then decide on who to pair up 2nd generation wise. Any advice? I can post the prospective builds for the kiddy krew it helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Konig posted:

Alright, parent grinding finished, now I just need to recruit Brady (easy) and Nah (sorta hard) and then decide on who to pair up 2nd generation wise. Any advice? I can post the prospective builds for the kiddy krew it helps

Which Morgan do you have?

Superior Morgan has great supports with everyone, so that might make things a little easier to round out. Inferior Morgan's got some good ones too, though. His Nah, Lucina, and Kjelle supports are all sweet.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

chiasaur11 posted:

Which Morgan do you have?

Superior Morgan has great supports with everyone, so that might make things a little easier to round out. Inferior Morgan's got some good ones too, though. His Nah, Lucina, and Kjelle supports are all sweet.

Superior Morgan notably lacks a support with Lucina for no apparent reason. This was not even corrected in the DLCs. You'd think the two would have all kinds of things to say to each other since their dads are the most important people in the army and were joined at the hip, but nope, nothing. We can't even be certain that they've met in the hallways in the barracks.

Konig
Feb 24, 2012

This stink up's mega
bam-bam to the J-Stop
I have no idea who Superior Morgan is, but the Morgan I have is Lucina's Morgan, from Sumia's Lucina. Will end up with an Assassin Morgan with Skl 53, Spd 54 and Lck 47 just because I can. Anyway, here's the kids:

Sumia's Lucina: Great Lord
Aether
Galeforce
Pavise
Aegis
Rightful King
Lucina's Morgan: Assassin
Aegis
Aether
Galeforce
Swordfaire
Bowfaire
Stahl's Owain: Sniper
Galeforce
Luna
Counter
Aggressor
Aegis
Gregor's Kjelle: General
Aegis
Counter
Deliverer
Pavise
Renewal
Lon'qu's Laurent: Sorcerer
Tomefaire
Vantage
Vengeance
Wrath
Deliverer
Chrom's Cynthia: Dark Flier
Galeforce
Luna
Deliverer
Lancefaire
Dual Guard+
Virion's Brady: Sage
Galeforce
Luna
Tomefaire
Lifetaker
Renewal
Ricken's Yarne: Berserker
Swordbreaker
Dual Guard+
Aggressor
Resistance +10
Axefaire
Frederick's Severa: Paladin
Galeforce
Luna
Deliverer
Lancefaire
Dual Guard+
Donnel's Nah: Manakete
Lifetaker
Armsthrift
Galeforce
Sol
Renewal
Gaius' Noire: Swordmaster
Lifetaker
Sol
Galeforce
Swordfaire
Astra
Libra's Inigo: Sorcerer
Galeforce
Tomefaire
Vengeance
Vantage
Wrath
Vaike's Gerome: Wyvern Lord
Dual Support+
Sol
Axefaire
Deliverer
Swordbreaker

At this stage I have no idea who should be a backup and who should be the main man in a pairup, they're all pretty much just made to gently caress poo poo up.

Konig fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Mar 29, 2016

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Superior Morgan is girl Morgan. You've got her, so it's all proper.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

boy morgan is a very nice boy. i love my dorky son dearly

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

sharrrk posted:

Well he beats Kana, that's for sure.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Cobalt Chloride posted:

Well he beats Kana, that's for sure.

That is the definition of "low bar".

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

sharrrk posted:

Boy Morgan is like a mixture of Kif from Futurama and Millhouse from The Simpsons.

Konig
Feb 24, 2012

This stink up's mega
bam-bam to the J-Stop
Ok I figure that my Morgan is going to be OP enough on her own, dodge-tanking the poo poo out of everything and critting them back, so the remaining 12 kids are pairing up like so;

Owain and Lucina, because fuckin lol why can these two get S rank.
Inigo and Noire, pretty much the dregs, no obvious weaknesses, just standard stuff.
Brady and Nah, Nah's just along for the ride on the Brady murdertrain.
Kjelle and Yarne, because it seems cute and they complement each other fine.
Cynthia and Laurent, both magic users, gonna be kinda weak to physical beatings, but they'll be OK.
Severa and Gerome, surly couple extraordinaire, and pretty much both beefy physical attackers.

EDIT: lmao can't very well marry Owain and Lucina if Lucina's already married to the Avatar, can I? I guess Owain marries Morgan.

Konig fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Mar 31, 2016

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Konig posted:

I have no idea who Superior Morgan is, but the Morgan I have is Lucina's Morgan, from Sumia's Lucina.

Just popping in to congratulate you on having Most Superior Morgan. Your pairings seem cool and fun. :)

If you're intending to move on to the postgame DLC (like Apotheosis) after beating the game and you want some info about getting the most out of game mechanics (like who should be the supporting unit and who should lead in a pair, or what the best skill load outs usually are, or that sort of thing), you can check my post history. Just don't worry about further eugenics considerations—there are ways to make a team that's slightly "better" than yours in terms of absolute combat potential, but it really doesn't matter most of the time. Your team is definitely strong enough to take on Apotheosis once everyone gets Limit Breaker and you have a couple Rally bots—you just have to play intelligently and try to eliminate enemies on Player Phase.

~Optimization~ really only matters when you attempt Apotheosis under special restrictions, as in no-LB or no-Rally runs, or if you're like me and you enjoy theorycrafting for the sake of it.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
Is Chapter 6 (on Hard Classic) supposed to be really frustrating or am I just really bad at this game?

I'm at the point where I'm considering restarting the game on either Normal Classic or Hard Casual because it's such a struggle for me to complete a mission without anyone dying.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Are you using pair up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Are you using pair up?

Yes, and I actually ended up clearing it last night not too long after I made that whining post in here. I relied on Frederick a bit more than I would have liked, but that combined with having 2 healers and properly blocking off each chokepoint seemed to work out pretty well.

• Locked thread