Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Good God, Lunatic is balls hard. I cannot get through round 2 without losing Chrom or Robin yet. I'm pumped for this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

A lot of you have plans for your Avatars (I'm going full heavy armor, super defense General, etc.) but is anyone else going to feel weird using a different model after getting used to the default male in the demo?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Based on the Demo, the enemies in Hard aren't really any stronger than Normal, but there are more of them. The jump to Lunatic seems to double enemy stats, though, and give bosses them all better weapons. The play styles are totally different. Hard can still enable, at least in the first two stages, some tactics that keep all four (six) characters liquid and able to attack/heal in the same round. In Lunatic, my best strategy for getting past the prologue stage without losing Chrom/The Avatar is to play very defensively, and really lean on Fred's ability to one-shot Myrmidons and Mages.

It feels a bit strange, constantly backing off and drawing fire back to where I can deal with it, vs. rushing in and being able to 1-2 Play the enemy between Chrom's sword and The Avatar's magic, and not lose Lissa to a single attack.

I'll probably play Hard-Classic in the full game, since I imagine the challenge will ramp up after awhile, and I do want to keep most of my hair, but the Demo's jump between Normal to Hard is not nearly as dramatic as the jump between Hard to Lunatic. I can only imagine what Insane is like. I assume it's Lunatic stats plus double the enemy count, but it may be worse!

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 27, 2013

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

Question.

What the gently caress is a waifu?

No! That way lies madness!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Curse you, end-of-the-month student loan payments! :argh:

Oh well, it's not like I was planning on getting it before the 4th anyway. :sigh:

• Locked thread