Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Adding to OP comments, Avatar is referred to as My Unit a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

I'm starting to be glad I couldn't get my 3DS to connect to my router. I don't want to have my productivity to die just yet.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Heavy neutrino posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they removed "Can't counter-attack" from the AI's priority list. They're now fully suicidal, bent on making you reset by any means necessary.

Not quite. Like in FE12, they don't consider how much total damage could be dealt to a single unit, only how much damage each individual enemy unit can do. Because of that you can still put a lower-defense unit that can survive one hit in the range of only one enemy to keep them from ganging up on someone who can't take two hits, assuming you're keeping track of enemy order and the unit you're trying to distract moves before the other one that could hit the guy you're protecting. This of course makes aggressive play on Lunatic a lot more manageable.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Heavy neutrino posted:

To be fair you never really wanted to decoy in Lunatic because the bad guys were so strong that you needed Arran/Sirius to smack them with his Silver Lance first.

You didn't need to do that. You could also reclass Sirius to Sniper and work the range advantage all day.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Nakar posted:

Actually, with the DLC Limit Breaker skill, Luck can cap at >50. :getin:

Well, DLC doesn't really count for much. DLC can always be used to break the game.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

I'm trying to pre-order the Awakening bundle from BestBuy (I'm in Canada), but I can't order it in-store, I can only order it online and have it shipped (arriving after the release date.) Does anybody know if this is just some weird corporate thing from BestBuy, or does it mean that it flat out won't be available in-store?

It was the same for GameStop, I couldn't make a preorder for in-store pickup, had to have it delivered.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

So, I have a question, for those who have played the full game. Does Awakening have map save points like 11 and 12 do? They weren't in the demo, but then the demo didn't feature saving at all. I just don't hugely want to have to deal with having to replay entire long chapters if I mess up slightly on Lunatic.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Francis posted:

Reverse is just kind of dumb, but I see your point. FE7 kind of did that with Hector Normal having more reinforcements and more challenging layouts, but not the higher stats and XP/deployment penalties of Hard Mode. It'd be nice if they leaned harder on the non-stat difficulty options, or had more difficulty options in the sweet spot between Hard and Lunatic instead of just slapping on an even more bullshit difficulty. Then again, I've never bothered with H2/H3/H4 or FE12 Maniac, so maybe there's no point. But I think Hard-statted enemies with forged weapons and Lunatic/Lunatic+ skills would be fun, for example.

You know, I get the feeling that most people who say reverse is dumb, haven't actually played it. It's lots of fun and I really enjoy it. I'd probably like FE12 way less if it weren't for Reverse, and, I'm looking forward to playing Lunatic+ with its Vantage+ even if it's not on every enemy.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Tae posted:

Is anyone planning to turn in their 3DS for gamestop's double-credit thing?

I'm just gonna send off my current 3DS to be converted for capture.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Heavy neutrino posted:

FE12 had a bunch of weird triggers honestly, like these Dracoknights on the third map who absolutely refuse to come off their mountain perch or move at all on normal/hard unless you dare to try to shop at the armory.

... What? Is that seriously the trigger? I... I never knew. That's ridiculous. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Serifina posted:

I could also trigger them by flying my peg knight MU to within about three squares of them. Otherwise, yeah, the armory is basically it, they just sit there.

I mean, yeah, I knew they attacked if you got close, that's what I did. And on Lunatic they'll attack if anyone is in range of them. I always just thought the guy who says "the armory here is in cahoots with the enemy" was making stuff up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Well, I just got an email saying there was an error and gamestop cancelled my preorder.

No artbook or cool 3DS for me.

Fuuuuuck.

• Locked thread