Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's a real bummer that the 3DS bundle is for US and Canada only. I live in Brazil and was waiting for it to be announced on the West before i could buy a 3DS since i fell in love with the Japanese bundle when i first saw it. Oh well, might as well just prebuy the normal game and look for a cheap XL somewhere else. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Man, I think I'd hang myself if someone told me You'd better not double-cross me, or I'll murder you in your sleep after stalking me to the four corners of the world.

"Aw, how sweet. He's sleeping.
Sleeping and... Helpless."

Tharja owns, if only because she's the scariest character in the game. (Henry is the second)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

loquacius posted:

So I just picked this game up a couple days ago, and I'm already obsessed with it, like take-my-3DS-to-the-bathroom-with-me obsessed. Could someone clear a couple things up for a total noob, though?

1) I'm broke as hell, the durability of all my weapons is dropping slowly and inexorably, and bullions don't seem to drop enough to keep me in supplies. Is there a good way to grind money in this game, or is it supposed to be all survival-horror-style item conservation?
2) The OP says not to promote until level 20, to prevent EXP stagnation. This GameFAQ says to reclass as early as possible, to prevent EXP stagnation (it's in the General Tidbits section at the top). Is this conflicting advice, or does "promote" mean use a Master Seal, and "reclass" mean use a Second Seal? If it's the latter, does it mean I want to use Second Seals early, then wait a while to use Master Seals? Game mechanics are hard.
3) There are child characters in this game. Am I meant to be marrying them off and making them start families too? Gross.
4) While I'm on that subject, stop discussing optimal breeding strategies, guys. <:mad:> You're making me fret over whether I'm shipping everyone correctly and in a game whose basic mechanics I'm just getting used to that is not a worry I need to have :argh: (not a serious demand)

1) The DLC golden gaffe makes all money troubles redundant, so if you have the cashola to get it...
3) Optional for the child characters unless you are pairing them with the Avatar.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

McDragon posted:

And I realised why Micaiah's design looked so familiar when I saw who did her Awakening design.

Not gonna lie, the second i saw it i thought: F/Extra Caster????

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Royal Scrub posted:

There isn't any way to repair your items, correct? I dumped a bit of cash into my Avatar's magic and it's almost empty from killing everything. :downs:

Oh and in doing so, he's hit level 20! What do I do?

Master/Second seal him, yo!

Also on Hammeners, i think they are only worth to use on either Forged or unique weapons like the Bonus Box and Deadlord-owned ones IMO. It really is more worth it to buy more versions if you are talking about common/uncommon weapons.

EDIT: Master Seals are usually found on shops after chapter 10, and they sometimes drop from guys at this point as well.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 13, 2013

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Really? I remember reading that Emmeryn's recruit was the one being released tomorrow, which makes more sense considering the releasing schedule. Then again that one is for the Spotpass.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tae posted:

New post-game spotpass paralogue is up, so we can now go Why the gently caress are you alive?!

And Why the gently caress she has no supports with her family?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wait until you manage to finish it an unlock Lunatic+ to see the ludicrous poo poo the Enemies will have. :getin:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I've never had a really good Brady.

Made mine inherit Galeforce from Maribelle and Ricken's awesome Mag and Lifetaker. Then i just made him a War Cleric, equipped a Bolt Axe and went hog wild.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

"We're having a gay ol' time here, dontcha know!" - One of those creepy homoerotic twins. :allears:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

"Tharja, you are so boingy!" "...What?"

Seriously Nowi what the hell.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Zore posted:

She doesn't even get the prize for this game! That goes to Avatar/ Emmeryn or Aversa

Aversa's support was pretty much she being mopey for the weird situation she ended up and then trolling the Avatar before falling in love with him. It's not that creepy compared to most of the stuff, really.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

Veering away from scantily-clad manakete relationship theorycrafting for a sec, is there a particular rule to who can have conversations with who in the Scramble maps? Or is it relatively arbitrary?

Same sex and non-spotpass characters. The FE wiki has a list of conversations too.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Geostomp posted:

Hey, should I take anything Old Hubba says seriously for who I toss together? I really want to start getting those second gen characters but don't know who to match together.

Old Hubba is just a fun gimmick and pairs people randomly. Have a support list for some ideas on matchmaking. http://serenesforest.net/fe13/support.html

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Folt The Bolt posted:

Also, Sumia and Miriel's Summer Scramble conversation is the best thing. :allears:

Man, i'm still confused if Miriel hallucinated it during a heatstroke or being bonked by a coconut or if Sumia is actually like that. It's the best convo of the whole DLC indeed.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Well, Gangrel is effectively dead if you don't play his Spotpass chapter so that part would be too much of a bother to take care of.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It's fitting then that they have a pretty cute conversation at the Spa Scramble together. Pretty much all of the pre-promote and SpotPass character conversations for the Spa are good.

But yeah until the Spa Scramble actually came out Sayri has been pretty much stuck in the barracks for the entire game.

Gangrel/Emmeryn :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nope. Just Hammerne. All weapons but Regalia can be bought on shops or Spotpass characters anyway.

• Locked thread