Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The options menu is pretty involved. Anyone know how many music tracks there are to pick from in the full game?

And yes I can turn off all non-battle animations at once. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I can get Sanaki and Nephenee in another game? Oooooh~

Who cares about those losers? It's time to bring about Sethpocalypse 2013. This time... in 3D! :black101:

Please tell me that soloing the game with Seth is still a viable option in some fashion.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zore posted:

Literally all of them are built with the same options as you use to build your Avatar.

Odds are pretty good that a good 20+ old characters are going to be dead ringers for whatever Avatar you build except for maybe the hair color.

Now I just feel kind of disappointed. :(

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Chaltab posted:

I just got done playing through the demo for the first time.

How the hell do they not realize that "Marth" is a woman?

If they didn't call "Marth" a man, it'd just serve to confuse the SSB newcomers to the series even more. :v:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
There are videos floating around for the Avatar customization.

Male/Female (JPN): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI-7UMfe0uw
Male-only (ENG): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLfmFibF_5I

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lunatic and Insane probably has the smallest jump in difficulty. Insane just gives enemies special skills, some of which always activate.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I checked my local US Gamestop, and nope, still nada.

Endorph posted:

Let's invade Canada.

Third time's the charm, right? :downs:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Aphrodite posted:

It's possible Nintendo still street dated them in the US.

The shipments are different after all, since Canadian copies get bilingual packaging.

Really? I remember a few games I bought in the US having French and English on the box and in the manual (e.g., Trauma Team, Devil Survivor 2, P4G).

It might be an Atlus thing though.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Chic Trombone posted:

Gamestop seems to have reopened online preorders.

Aaaand it's gone. Hopefully stragglers managed to grab it in the few hours it was up.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

boxcarhobo posted:

Midnight in your local timezone? Or like PST or EST?

It was midnight EST (my local time) when I was able to get Professor Layton off the eShop, so it's either that or your local time. Definitely not just PST.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Vince Videogames posted:

Wii/DSi points do not work with the eShop. I've looked online and I'm pretty sure Nintendo doesn't offer a way to get credit for eShop on the internet just yet.

There are 3DS and 3DS/Wii U pre-paid cards actually. They're even floating around in stores.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zurai posted:

I stopped reading when the "journalist" cited Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 as a good game that other SRPGs should emulate.

What a load of pegasus dung.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Every time I've heard "the Japanese voice is less obvious about it" it ends up turning out being some Japanese woman trying too hard to do what she thinks is a manly or even boyish voice.

Could be they're trying to make the ambiguous gender thing plausible. Romi Park for instance is far more convincing with the dude voice with Edward Elric in FMA than she is with Naoto in P4.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Iceclaw posted:

Okay, the others are fine, but isn't Fala a northern God if memories saves me right? But yeah, that's not a big problem if a reference from an unreleased game is gone. However, Gerome is ridiculous. I mean the name is Jérome, so why change it to make it more "fantasy name"?

Jerome was some guy's name in FE7, iirc. Maybe they wanted to differentiate from that?

VVV Goddamn slightly dissimilar names! :argh:

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jan 31, 2013

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Fisher King posted:

My Gerik is a weak-armed pansy man with like 7 STR, 3 DEF and 0 RES at level 14...

I feel like there's a joke here that's sailing way above my head.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Iwata Asks posted:

Maeda: One idea that came up within the team was, well, it was Mars.
Iwata: Mars?!
Maeda: Yeah. Fighting on Mars.

I think I know what FE14 is going to be, guys! :dance:

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 2, 2013

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

Someone beat the game already and listed the VA's:

The OP probably should be updated with a few of these. Or at the very least take away the erroneous attribution to Troy Baker.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Are the chances for activating something rolled individually? If so, you'd calculate the chances of getting everything (by multiplying together all the probabilities) and subtract that from 1 to find the chance of getting something.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

lelandjs posted:

New releases won't appear in the eShop until you close and reopen the app, right?

Yup. It won't update otherwise.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Awakening's up in the eShop now. :toot:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Neo_Crimson posted:

Are you guys all posting from the East Coast? Because only the demo is showing up for me.

The eShop updates will show once you open the application. So if you opened it before midnight EST, it won't have updated.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zelder posted:

Slightly longer than it would have taken to get it from the nearest store.

...Does this account for the fact the nearest store doesn't open for another nine hours or so?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hobo Siege posted:

I'd just like to say that, at least going off the demo, normal mode is a babby mode that spawns way fewer enemies, cuts down on the amount of information you're fed and seems to lack the pairing system. It looks like Normal is Easy and Hard is Normal, at least by Fire Emblem standards.

You can still use the Pair Up thing if you turn off the tutorials in the options.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zelder posted:

Then it will take approximately 9 hours and 30 minutes, at which point you will think to yourself, "Dammit I could have just picked this up at the store!"

Good thing I'm not downloading it then! :downs:

Please don't fail me, Gamestop. :ohdear:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Spikey posted:

You can send it to Nintendo if that happens. :cool:

Physical damage, of course, isn't covered under warranty. :cool:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Some Bestbuy stores have it in! The game that is, not the bundle as far as I can tell.

I'm still holding out on my Gamestop pre-order, but it's drat tempting.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

404GoonNotFound posted:

But it's not on their website so I can't use the store locator! :shepicide:

Yes it is? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&skuId=7366094&searchpage=true&_requestid=360042

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

404GoonNotFound posted:

Actually, I was talking the bundle. Or do they not carry that at all?

Ah, my mistake then. Yeah, looks like they don't stock it.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Artix74 posted:

Bastard! :argh: Hopefully this means the rest of the retailers will get their poo poo together tomorrow.

Must be nice to have dreams.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
My local Gamestop in Ohio got the game in today. :toot: It was open to pre-orders only though, I think.

I was going to call them every day until they got it too. This saves me from possibly really annoying the employees as soon as they open! :downs:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do the Barracks work the same way as in FE12, where you have to leave the game closed for a while for it to reload? All I've been getting is a bunch of fluff after each (mostly optional) map.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lotish posted:

I want to say I've heard Normal starts to step it up around Chapter 7? Lots of folks are starting on Hard because it's more in line with the challenge they're used to in earlier, less forgiving FEs.

And yeah growths seem to hover in the 40 - 50 range for any character that needs that stat to exceed at their role.

I've found that the difficulty has been steadily decreasing the more I play, and I started on Hard. Maybe it's because I've been doing a little too much grinding, but I had Virion literally two shot the Chapter 11 boss with just a B support from Libra. Libra and Virion have the best support conversations.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm guessing that the surprise assassin at the end of Chapter 13 isn't supposed to have a whopping zero attack, right? It kind of ruins the tension a bit. :v:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alkydere posted:

Send Gaius to a shiny spot on the ground.

"Candy? Not candy."

He picked up a Kris's Confect. I'm pretty sure that counts as candy Gaius. :v:

Better yet, listen in on him in the Barracks. "I don't care what they say--taking candy from a baby isn't easy at all." Gains 30 EXP.

What did you do, Gaius?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Quick question for you US arseholes: how many save slots are there? Can you save a single game to multiple slots or do you have to start from scratch on each one?

Technically, you also get two extra slots for in-battle saves if you're on Casual Mode. You can switch between the regular saves and battle saves when loading by tapping the bottom screen.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I get the impression so far that every map seems to either be a "rout the enemy" or "kill the commander" map. Is this true? IntSys seems to be trending back into FE11-style homogenous victory conditions. :sigh:

Routs are admittedly more interesting that seizes, but I miss my survival/defensive maps.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Feb 10, 2013

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arbitrary Coin posted:

Yeah, they've done surprisingly well with localizing Nowi. Honestly I get the feeling that Sumia is more infantile in some ways than she is with her entire "helpless innocent animal child" thing

I took it as more severe self-esteem issues than helplessness though, and that trait definitely isn't limited to children.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

CORN NOG posted:

Huh. So it looks like "store all" applies to your entire army, not just the character you currently have selected :downs:

Yeah, you have to click on to the individual menu for that.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

Europe will get this April 19th. We'll also get that FE bundle, but as an XL! Suck it.

So I guess I hate Europe more than Canada now. Lucky bastards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Spotpass Paralogue 18/post-Chapter 25 spoilers:

Hot drat, is Gangrel the best character. :allears: Awakening has as many actual deaths as One Piece but I sure as hell ain't complaining when it means I get supports with the Mad King. I wish it was more than with the Avatar though.

• Locked thread