Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Someone earlier said you can get the old style battle prediction screen back somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Levantine posted:

EDIT: also the stat gains seem pretty big in this game. Both Chrom and MU got 5-6 stats on level up. MU got 6 and said "Sometimes I surprise even myself!" Yeah, no poo poo dude.

Chrom only got 2 stats when he leveled up in mind, so that's just some of the usual variance.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lotish posted:

Alright. Preordered my DS bundle from Gamestop today. Does getting the bundle count as preordering for purposes of getting the art book?

Their website says the bundle comes with it too.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-blue-fire-emblem-awakening-bundle/107660

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Iron Rose posted:

You know, I don't really associate being a tomboy with this:

She has pants on.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

anti_strunt posted:

The second is that it always feels odd to see 1600s and later fashions being used in a decidedly medieval, pre-gunpowder setting. There is no real reason for fantasy designs to need look medieval, but taking cues from a certain era of history while the actual gameplay is influenced by a completely different period always felt weird and unfortunately that weirdness isn't present for any aesthetic reason other than to look like a bland example of the current JRPG design paradigm to ensure sufficient market penetration.

It won't really affect the game itself, but as pretty as the pictures are I feel the designs are just aggressively bland.

They have magic. When you have magic you don't need gunpowder.

You still need to develop frilly clothes, though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

EB here got it early too. They won't hold a copy though. They always insist they can't do that, even though I know they can.

Odds are they'll still have copies in a few hours though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Justin_Brett posted:

I don't suppose any goons in Sault Ste. Marie would know if they broke the street date there?

EBGames Canada announced it was on sale today.

The question is if they got their stock yet, not if they're selling it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SereneCrimson posted:

And now I have some money on my account that I can just use for whatever I want, since I had planned on downloading it at midnight on the 4th.

Same boat for me. I had $40(+, stupid tax) loaded onto my account ready to go.

I guess I can save it for DLC.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dr Pepper posted:

The fact that they made an official announcement says that this is probably being a pretty big seller.

Not big enough to order a reasonable number of copies, though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endorph posted:

I think the idea is if you have an existing pre-order, you're fine, but if you were planning on just walking into a store and picking it up You Is Stuffed.

Right, but this is supposed to be their launch day stock so it's still a small order.

It is just Canada though. Game sales aren't exactly spectacular here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pine Bamboo Plum posted:

I checked my GameStop in Berkeley, and they think they will have theirs in on Friday...but will not break street date as of yet. They haven't heard anything about being able to sell as soon as they get their shipment in, and that they could actually be fined for doing such. Are any US stores breaking street date yet, and why would some plan to and others not?

It's possible Nintendo still street dated them in the US.

The shipments are different after all, since Canadian copies get bilingual packaging.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cake Attack posted:

If you do the first sidequest, you can get a rescue staff from one of the chests. If you pair the two up, they can both be simultaneously rescued. Ch. 5 is a goddamn wringer though, it's fantastic.

Rescue has limited range though, so you need to move first.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can't even register the game with Club Nintendo until the 4th. Come on Nintendo, I need to buy a lanyard.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I already got an email from EBGames offering $25 trade credit for Fire Emblem.

The game's not even out yet and you can only get 60% for it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can buy Brave Weapons from the Spotpass team that's up.

I don't know if you can summon them back or what, though.

Edit: Oh, apparently not everyone gets the same.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 31, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrightWing posted:

You see, when a Mommy and a Daddy love each other very much, they get S rank in their support and open up a sidquest to recruit their child. The bottom-most skill is the one that gets passed down.

It's more like "When a Mommy and Daddy kind-of, sort-of appreciate the skills of each other on the battlefield they suddenly propose marriage."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did they take down the servers or something? I haven't been able to get data for Spotpass for 2 days.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I asked elsewhere, and someone said they got the same error I do but it went away for them.

Perfect Potato posted:

Hmm I wonder what spotpass team is available for me today???

Nergal LV 20 HP 78 Sorcerer

...gently caress. He has a great shop at least, but let's file this away under "postgame content."

I have him, and my Spotpass has been broken for 3 days now.

So just him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Typhus733 posted:

So to make sure I don't get screwed over on this, I'd really like to pick this up ASAP but was going to trade some things in to make sure it wouldn't hit my wallet too hard. If I go the route of picking up an e-shop cash-card(s) at gamestop how much would I need to get exactly? $40? Or would that leave me needing to put in a bit extra to make up for tax/rounding/what have you?

If you're American you can just buy $40, because there are states with no tax you can select (Alaska, I think?)

If you're in Canada, you need $42 (Alberta has the lowest sales tax, 5%.) You can buy $40 and top it off from a credit card though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Can you not put it on the SD card? I don't think I've ever been given an option for downloads.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cake Attack posted:

The first DLC is $2.50, and I don't see any reason the rest would be different.

There are DLCs with no characters.

And a DLC with bikinis.

The prices won't all be $2.50.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I believe if you miss the trickle release of a game through Spotpass, you get the entire group at once.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

EGSunBro posted:

So I'm an idiot and I can't figure out how exactly to get the Marth DLC. When I go to the E-Shop page for it, it just boots up Awakening. I don't see an option to download DLC in Awakening itself, either. What do I do here?

Play a bit. A place called the Outrealm Gate opens up after a bit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

pandaK posted:

So ideally, how hard should I grind levels before reclassing / promoting? Or does it not really matter?
Specifically with Donnel. I currently have him at level 11 because I was thinking of waiting to reclass him before I got further.

Get to 20 before promoting. It's really easy in this one.

For reclassing, when you get the last skill in your current class. Usually 15, but it can be 10 if you're doing unpromoted classes I guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does Armsthrift work with Hammerne?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

Sully and Chrom are the most rear end-kicking couple I've ever seen in anything. They're both at about lv15 now and Chrom's putting out about 30 damage per attack(and then usually attacking twice) and Sully's not too far behind. And they duo-attack like 70% of the time. It's so beautiful. Anything that comes near them just dies instantly.

Not pairing Sully with Virion is wrong.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arbitrary Coin posted:

So out of curiosity, what sort of pairings have you guys been doing? I think I'm going to go for

Chrom/Sumia (maybe Olivia?)
Henry/Olivia
MU/Tiki
Ricken/Nowi
Vaike/Cordelia
Gaius/Sully
Stahl/Panne
Virion/Cherche
Donnel/Tharja
Libra/Mariabelle?

Mine are...

Chrom/Sumia
Stahl/Lissa
Sully/Virion
Frederick/Cordelia
Gaius/Maribelle
Nowi/Kellam
Panne/Ricken
Olivia/Vaike
Donnel/Cherche
Tharja/Henry
Gregor/Miriel

Some of these were through usage, others were just to link people. Some that ended up having cool supports that might be uncommon were Gaius/Maribelle, and Gregor/Miriel. Henry/Tharja was pretty funny too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Why's that hard? That unit is already super powerful, and Pair Up makes Support easy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zore posted:

To put it in perspective, I just beat the game and my Cordelia who went into Dark Flier about as quickly as possible got Galeforce 4 maps before the end of the game. And it crippled her stats to promote her that early.

Keep in mind this is going to be based on your difficulty. If you're on Normal, it's pretty easy.

Edit: Reeking Boxes is why. They're cheaper than the bullion you get from enemies on Normal.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 7, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They can, I've had it happen.

Hit 3 crit, the others didn't.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zurai posted:

Olivia is easy to level. She's the only character in the entire game who doesn't need combat to advance (even healers need someone to get hurt which means combat).

Well, not necessarily. You can abuse Rescue if you have them. They become buyable later too.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 9, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ChaosArgate posted:

So my Lissa went from a level 20 cleric and is now a level 20 war cleric and now I'm confused as to what I should do with her. I'm debating whether I should make her into a Dark Flier for another Galeforce user, but then I'd be short a healer and she'd have to grind up weapon ranks again. Should I just keep her as a war cleric?

Also, this:

Oh Gregor, who knew pairing you with Tharja would lead to this? :allears:

As a Falcon Knight she can still use a staff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ChaosArgate posted:

I know that, but she doesn't get Galeforce as Falcon Knight.

It's something to do. You don't want to leave her at something capped.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Do you actually get anything extra for (Paralogue 6 spoilers) giving Inigo 5 or more kills on his recruitment map? Or is he just saying that as part of his personality?

Seems to give more items at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can still load the map to your game, there just won't be a path to it.

• Locked thread