Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

leonlai86 posted:

Looking for the Sugar Rush Sky disc to complete series 1 if anybody has an extra to trade

thanks

Also have one if you don't have anything for Tuna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leonlai86
Feb 1, 2005
thanks, guys, but i got some packs and was lucky it showed up in one

i have a lot of duplicates now though

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Hey guys, I picked this up on the Amazon flash sale for the Wii for my five year old son. I didn't check this thread first or else I would've gotten it for the 360 but it's the one I have. So, what the hell am I supposed to do in this game? We've farted around in the Toy Box mode but don't seem to really have much to do. The playset mode seems to be one-player and he's not very fond of playing solo at this point. We've done a few adventures but they get tiresome pretty quickly. I feel like I'm missing something obvious, please help, you're my only hope!

Also, why is the Wii version considered sucky?

We have the starter set plus the Cars set.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
The Wii version doesn't have split-screen multiplayer in playsets. The Wii version has a severely gimped toy box mode. You can't combine cars and physics toys, for example. That is why there are separate versions of the toy box mode. Also, you can't download any of the shared toy boxes which is a big selling point of the game. Also it is very ugly. I think you'd like the game much better if you exchanged it for the 360 version.

Edit: And playsets are missing a lot of missions/content on Wii.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

baby puzzle posted:

The Wii version doesn't have split-screen multiplayer in playsets. The Wii version has a severely gimped toy box mode. You can't combine cars and physics toys, for example. That is why there are separate versions of the toy box mode. Also, you can't download any of the shared toy boxes which is a big selling point of the game. Also it is very ugly. I think you'd like the game much better if you exchanged it for the 360 version.

Edit: And playsets are missing a lot of missions/content on Wii.

Ugh, that explains a lot. It is quite ugly. Potentially not a question for this thread, but is this something that Amazon would exchange for?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

TraderStav posted:

Ugh, that explains a lot. It is quite ugly. Potentially not a question for this thread, but is this something that Amazon would exchange for?

Tell them it's broken garbage (it is) and hope for a sympathetic CSR.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

zenintrude posted:

Tell them it's broken garbage (it is) and hope for a sympathetic CSR.

Actually, Amazon has awesome customer service and issued the refund no problems. Problem is that I will have to pay full price for the 360 version. I'm fine with that, not much extra for a proper version that I am not going to avoid playing with my son.

Any tips on playing with youngins? I'm not hugely into the world building aspect of the game but if there are some cool things to use that others have created that'd be sweet as hell. I just felt like I had no idea what I was doing once I got into the game.

leonlai86
Feb 1, 2005

TraderStav posted:

Actually, Amazon has awesome customer service and issued the refund no problems. Problem is that I will have to pay full price for the 360 version. I'm fine with that, not much extra for a proper version that I am not going to avoid playing with my son.

Any tips on playing with youngins? I'm not hugely into the world building aspect of the game but if there are some cool things to use that others have created that'd be sweet as hell. I just felt like I had no idea what I was doing once I got into the game.

you're gonna have to get another character to play together in the play set mode. only characters from the same movie can play with each other, if that makes sense.

some of the toy boxes you can download are cool

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

TraderStav posted:

Play the Monsters University set first... the Pirates and Incredibles are more combat focused and require more dexterity and quickness.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I just spent an hour doing the intro on the 360 version with my son and my god what a difference! The tutorial was great and exciting. How did the wii leave that out? It's truly a pile of poo poo in comparison and on its own. Unplayable.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
You should soon be able to find Mickey on sale for Disney Infinity. That'll leave only Phinneas and Perry to be released.

Any thoughts on the next waves? I imagine Big Hero Six would be in there.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I don't know if they are going to add anything more to the base game, because they are in the process of firing a bunch of people, and there are rumors of Marvel and Star Wars based games.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Andrew_1985 posted:

You should soon be able to find Mickey on sale for Disney Infinity. That'll leave only Phinneas and Perry to be released.

Any thoughts on the next waves? I imagine Big Hero Six would be in there.

I saw Micky pop up for the first time at the start of this week. Haven't grabbed him yet, since I just got the Toy Story set.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Amazon has a Buy two, get one free deal. They are reduced prices as well:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/feature/-/1001928611?tag=dealnewscom

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Someone found out that there's a special reward if you buy all the figures.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
I know some people figured it would happen eventually, but now it's official!

Which means I'll now have to make the tough decisions: Agent P or Spider-man?

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I have to say, after getting into this thing and getting everything within the course of a month and a half, I'm excited by the prospect of spreading out the wallet pain over the course of the releases.

Magnatux
Nov 13, 2004

The surrealistic adventure became my world.

Fishylungs posted:

Well, between this, the Smash Bros nintendo direct (with 5 fighter announcements, only one really being new but whatever), and the datamining on the WoW expansion alpha client, i'm pretty happy with game news.

Now if only I had time to play what I have.

Can't wait for the Avengers playset. Because it will be a playset, and not a toybox set. Right?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I wouldn't worry about it.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I seriously hope the Avengers get a few playsets. How exciting!

Also really wondering what their designs will look like. I hope they won't be looking to the Marvel Superhero Squad for inspiration.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Fishylungs posted:

Welp looks like I'll be shelling out a lot more money. Well played Disney, well played.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Andrew_1985 posted:

Also really wondering what their designs will look like. I hope they won't be looking to the Marvel Superhero Squad for inspiration.

This image now makes me wonder, are they going to do the Fantastic Four and Doom? Because I would also totally pit Syndrome against Doom.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

You know beyond a shadow of a doubt, we'll get Iron Man, Spider-Man and Wolverine. They're the most iconic. As for villains, Magneto and Venom seem like sure things. I don't think they'll go for Hulk or Reptile because of the 'transformation' aspect that's key to both characters.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Andrew_1985 posted:

The Superhero Squad Show owned though.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

raditts posted:

The Superhero Squad Show owned though.

That Iron Fist sure gives a good foot massage.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The next Infinity whatever is being announced on Wednesday at the totally unambiguous time of "10:00am". Link to livestream with countdown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLoWAx7bhok

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Live stream is supposed to be starting now. Really curious how they handle the Marvel stuff, since adaptions of things like Winter Soldier as playsets seem kind of... outside of the game's tone.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Is it going to be a whole new game (with a new portal) or just the second wave o characters?

We can't find our portal after a move. We didn't play it much so it's not a big deal but it will be when superheroes are out.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
They announced that everything from 1 works with 2 including the portal, and the new start set is Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, and a Marvel Manhattan set. From the sound of everything it's mostly Marvel focused with some Disney stuff.

The Avengers look like a cross between Super Hero Squad and Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I like all of them except Black Widow.

They also mentioned apparently there's over a dozen Marvel characters I think? They make it sound like it's over a dozen on top of the 5 Avengers. Marvel Manhattan is also 4 times larger than Metroville.

They showed in game models for Spider-man, Nick Fury, Loki, MODOK, Groot and Rocket Raccoon, and Stitch and Maleficent are hidden in one video. The only stuff they confirmed is the Avengers line-up.

Apparently there's 80 new power disks coming. One is a team-up type that sounds like it summons a sort of pet character, like Iron Patriot and I think , and disks that change your appearance, they showed Grey Hulk and the IM3 suit.

Oh! And they're adding skill-trees for characters? And level cap is now 20.

They're also adding more toy box stuff, like games within it. Also they're adding in-door environments

It all sounds pretty awesome, I'm hoping they announce more stuff soon.

Fishylungs fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 30, 2014

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Woop woop!

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
Also, have a trailer! Totally missed Green Goblin too.

Apparently they'll be announcing more at E3 in June.

And Brian Michael Bendis is writing the story? Apparently there's a story.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
The toybox will be able to do some procedural generation, which is super cool if you're a lazy builder like myself.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

The Jorts of Zeus posted:

The toybox will be able to do some procedural generation, which is super cool if you're a lazy builder like myself.

Speaking of building, anyone know of some sites or YouTube channels or such that have cool/interesting builds?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Kelp Plankton posted:

Live stream is supposed to be starting now. Really curious how they handle the Marvel stuff, since adaptions of things like Winter Soldier as playsets seem kind of... outside of the game's tone.

It's a core tenant of Infinity's design that the stories be stand-alone and not "The Movie: The Game!" types of treatments, so they haven't ever been tied to retreading the story line of a particular movie.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

mutata posted:

It's a core tenant of Infinity's design that the stories be stand-alone and not "The Movie: The Game!" types of treatments, so they haven't ever been tied to retreading the story line of a particular movie.

Yeah I'd go as far as to say the adventure modules you get, at best, have their own independent Saturday morning cartoon quality "plots". Some simple, tame challenge that is peppered with thematic flavor and references to the properties they originated from.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marvel Wizard of Oz. Help Iron Man find a heart! Help Hawkeye find a brain! Help Hulk find stretchier pants!

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Well we've had a heap of announcements for Disney Infinity 2.0. Time for a new thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3647674

New Thread is here. Goodbye 1.0.

• Locked thread