Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable

Dr. Video Games 0029 posted:

the goddamn Sugar Rush theme and it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

You take that back!! :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkslinger
May 23, 2001

How in the hell do I reset the theme in Toy Box? I put down a Sugar Rush themed disc and now all I can loving hear in Toy Box mode is the goddamn Sugar Rush theme and it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

I know the comedy option is "buy more power discs lol" but seriously this is terrible and nothing in the tutorials tell you how to change the theme back to normal.

Try using the Sky Changer toy. I think it changes the background music at the same time it changes the skybox.

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

How in the hell do I reset the theme in Toy Box? I put down a Sugar Rush themed disc and now all I can loving hear in Toy Box mode is the goddamn Sugar Rush theme and it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

I know the comedy option is "buy more power discs lol" but seriously this is terrible and nothing in the tutorials tell you how to change the theme back to normal.

In the basic toys there is a sky changer, if you plant it down, you can push the button with your character and it will change the skybox

Edit:fb

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

i really think you're overestimating how much
i love having dog shit smushed all over my face
Augh! That doesn't work for some reason! I keep hearing the goddamn music no matter what the sky is. Gotta be a glitch. I'm playing the 360 version.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
What happens if you quit and reenter?

Diosamblet
Oct 9, 2004

Me and my shadow
I was messing around in the Toy Box and one of those character specific item vaults appeared randomly... for Vanellope, one of the wave 2 Playset-less characters. Had no idea that could happen. Gonna have to save that experiment until she's actually available, I guess.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Gotta be a glitch.

How appropriate :)

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Diosamblet posted:

I was messing around in the Toy Box and one of those character specific item vaults appeared randomly... for Vanellope, one of the wave 2 Playset-less characters. Had no idea that could happen. Gonna have to save that experiment until she's actually available, I guess.

It'll just disappear after a while and another one for a character you most likely don't own will pop up in it's place.

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

baby puzzle posted:

What happens if you quit and reenter?

I've gone back to the game, and the problem seems to be gone. But I still can't cycle the sky changer back to the original theme, the one that played the really mellow music. The Sugar Rush theme no longer cycles; I guess you have to keep the disc on the platform for it to appear in your library.

I'm really impressed with the absolute shitload of, well, poo poo you can do and collect in the adventures. I've played nothing but the Monsters University adventure since yesterday and I still have so much to do. A lot of it's repetitive, but the platforming's solid and I enjoy trawling for hidden stuff.

At Toys R Us, all the power disc packs were wrinkled and tossed about. Apparently, you can tell whether or not there's a hologram disc inside by scraping your thumbnail across the packaging and feeling for ridges. I guess I got lucky at Gamestop when I first bought the game, before I knew about this - I grabbed two packs and one of them had a hologram Abu in it. eBay's all over the place with people trying to flip these holograms.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

At Toys R Us, all the power disc packs were wrinkled and tossed about. Apparently, you can tell whether or not there's a hologram disc inside by scraping your thumbnail across the packaging and feeling for ridges. I guess I got lucky at Gamestop when I first bought the game, before I knew about this - I grabbed two packs and one of them had a hologram Abu in it. eBay's all over the place with people trying to flip these holograms.
Wait, hologram discs are a rarity thing? I was thinking it was just a cool effect on specific discs, because between the starter kit and extra disc pack I got I ended up pulling 2 hologram Buzz Lightyear Rides, so I assumed that's just how that particular disc was made.

Is there any actual in-game benefit to them being holograms, or is it just something for ebay speculators to go nuts over?

Space_Butler fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 22, 2013

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

Space_Butler posted:

Wait, hologram discs are a rarity thing? I was thinking it was just a cool effect on specific discs, because between the starter kit and extra disc pack I got I ended up pulling 2 hologram Buzz Lightyear Rides, so I assumed that's just how that particular disc was made.

Is there any actual in-game benefit to them being holograms, or is it just something for ebay speculators to go nuts over?

Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't seen a non-hologram Abu on eBay. It may not be a that there are hologram and non-hologram discs, but that the discs with holograms are harder to come by.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
So this is max 2 player co op right?

And you have to have 2 characters from the same world to do the adventure together?

Bubba77
Jan 10, 2010
I bought this for our WiiU with my 3 year old daughter in mind. When princess stuff comes like repunzel it will blow her mind.

I havent had her play it yet, have many of you tried it with really young kids yet like 3? Ive only played as jack sparrow so far and I think its great but way above her head. Whats the best one to start with for kids?

I have cars, monsters, incredibles, pirates.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think any of the games are simple enough for a 3 year old. Maybe the cars one, if you just let her drive around aimlessly?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Orange border/lenticular power discs are in fact "rare" and there are no clear-border versions of them.

The exception to this is the Toys R Us "exclusive" disc for Mike's New Car which comes in every TRU branded power disc pack. I believe that disc is coming out in a future wave but that version will be a normal clear-border, non-lenticular version.

Diosamblet
Oct 9, 2004

Me and my shadow
I've been plowing through the playsets to unlock things, basically in reverse order of how entertaining I think they'll be. So far I've cleared Incredibles (awful), Lone Ranger (which was pretty fun though really easy) and Cars.

It's kind of a shame Cars is an optional set, and that the characters are basically second class Infinity citizens. The playset is a blast - Once you get a handle on the slightly iffy controls, the racing parts are a lot of fun, and challenging. And the default mode of "drifting around a desert" is much funner than "getting stuck punching robots for the 100th time".

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

http://chadliddell.tumblr.com/post/58983578829/getting-toys-quickly-in-the-toy-box

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Finally got this today! Partner and I got the game, Dash, Violet, Barbossa & the Lone Ranger set. We're not fans of Monsters or Cars. Three packs of the power disks and we get 3 copies of the goddamn Wreck-It-Ralph token.

Only played a little bit so far, but I had a smile on my face the entire time. It's just plain fun so far.

Andrew_1985 fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Aug 22, 2013

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
I think it's a very well done game with a ton of potential.

If you have a 5+yr old who likes Disney and gaming...it's a no brainer.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Is there a difference between the different editions? Wii, Wii U, PC, Xbox, PS3? Or are they all the same game? Do they share online features?

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
The WiiU, PS3, and 360 versions are the same game and the Wii version is basically the same, except only the Toy Box has co-op. The 3DS version is a Mario Party clone and should be avoided.

Diosamblet
Oct 9, 2004

Me and my shadow

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Is there a difference between the different editions? Wii, Wii U, PC, Xbox, PS3? Or are they all the same game? Do they share online features?

Do not buy the Wii version. This is true of nearly any multiplatform game. The Wii version has fewer multiplayer capabilities (I believe it has no coop in playsets at all, and may be limited to 2 player toy box network play instead of 4 player?). The Wii-U version seems to be fine, apart from the "which controller am I supposed to be using for player 2" confusion that seems to be par for the course there.

You can't play network games across different console platforms. But, the toy box cloud save stuff is cross-platform, so if you're using the same Disney ID you can download toy boxes you made on one platform onto a different one.

Bionic
May 6, 2007

I beg to remain, Sir, your most humble and obedient servant, A Ridiculous Beard.
From the facebook page:

quote:

We are looking to add Wii U Pro Controller support in a future update because of the comments we've received.

Glad to see that their mistake putting the icon on the back of the box may actually turn into them putting it in after all.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Oh, you can play network games? What platform are goons getting it on then? I may go for that in future seeing as I don't know any literal children to play with.

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

I've got 360.

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

I ended up buying each figure because I'm a filthy idiot nerd and these people know exactly how to pry each and every last dollar I have out of my wallet.

That said, anyone interested in trading power discs? I've got a boatload of doubles. I'll start a thread in SA-Mart! THAT'S A TERRIFIC IDEA I JUST THOUGHT UP, BY MY SELF, ALONE

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
If do some trading, I have a lot of dupes.

I hope this thread gets more love, infinity is a really cool game.

Majin
Apr 15, 2003

One thing that's nice at least, for those who don't already know, is that duplicate discs stack their % chance to trigger if you use more than one.

I imagine this is only worthwhile with the ones that boost your character, not the theme based ones.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

How good are the play set games and how robust is the toy box mode? Could I make, say, a haunted house toy box where players battle ghosts or have to solve puzzles to open rooms?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
So, because this game has the most complicated on disc DLC scheme imaginable, here are some questions:

A friend and I both plan on getting the game. Can we play multiplayer without buying extra figures? Additionally, if one of us buys a playset, can both people access the story mode content on their individual consoles or would each person need a playset to enjoy that content on their own game?

Diosamblet
Oct 9, 2004

Me and my shadow

Dr. VooDoo posted:

How good are the play set games and how robust is the toy box mode? Could I make, say, a haunted house toy box where players battle ghosts or have to solve puzzles to open rooms?

Having played through almost all of the playset content: Some of them are a lot of fun, The Incredibles sucks. Cars and Monsters University are my favorites so far. Both Cars and Pirates of the Carribean would likely be a lot funner with a second player to race or man a ship with, respectively.

It seems like the Toy Box is ideal for setting up competitive games first and foremost. It is possible to set up some types of puzzles if you take some time with the creativi-toys. There is no way to insert any verbal cues or hints, so a lot of puzzle types are right out. Some examples that would be pretty easy to make: physics/pachinko puzzles, "race" puzzles (needing to get to a place or do a thing before time runs out), "push button 1, A and B do a thing" "push button 2, B and C do a thing" style puzzles. There is a creativi-toy called the Replayer which opens up a ton of puzzle possibilities.

Not sure if there are any ghost enemies, but there is probably a ghost non-combatant; You could make a Ghostbusters adventure where you need to find them and stick them in a container. The Haunted Mansion exterior exists but you can't play inside. You can make "indoor" areas by slapping blocks on top as a roof.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
Online multiplayer works in the toy box/adventures, but not in playsets. Playsets only have split screen co-op, which will require two figures from the same franchise.

This assumes you are not playing on wii, which is much more limited.

Diosamblet
Oct 9, 2004

Me and my shadow

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

So, because this game has the most complicated on disc DLC scheme imaginable, here are some questions:

A friend and I both plan on getting the game. Can we play multiplayer without buying extra figures? Additionally, if one of us buys a playset, can both people access the story mode content on their individual consoles or would each person need a playset to enjoy that content on their own game?

Pretty sure playsets are 1-2 player local play only. Network play is "just" for the Toy Box. It doesn't matter who's using what figures in Toy Box. It will matter what parts the host has unlocked, so the person who's collected the most items in playsets/vault spins is probably the better person to host a game.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Diosamblet posted:

Pretty sure playsets are 1-2 player local play only. Network play is "just" for the Toy Box. It doesn't matter who's using what figures in Toy Box. It will matter what parts the host has unlocked, so the person who's collected the most items in playsets/vault spins is probably the better person to host a game.

But if we have two players locally, say we have only the basic kit. So Sully, Johnny Depp and the other thing. Cars? Can we play multiplayer with that or do we need to buy Mike, pirate #2 and another car? Basically I'm asking can you play local multiplayer out of the box in the non-toybox mode?

Diosamblet
Oct 9, 2004

Me and my shadow
To play local coop inside a playset, you need two figures from that playset. If you each have a copy of the game, you'll each have your own Jack/Sulley/Mr. Incredible figure... I can't imagine they would force you to use different characters, but it is possible.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Diosamblet posted:

To play local coop inside a playset, you need two figures from that playset. If you each have a copy of the game, you'll each have your own Jack/Sulley/Mr. Incredible figure... I can't imagine they would force you to use different characters, but it is possible.

Okay thanks - so at best we both need the starter pack to play local multiplayer (and each have a copy for solo play), and at worst we need to have a starter pack AND the set of extra models for local multi. Thanks for the help :)

Diosamblet
Oct 9, 2004

Me and my shadow
I hope if they make a follow-up, one of the future core playsets could be a "universal" one that every figure can play in, i.e. Disneyland. You're a Disney mascot! Entertain the kids! Grind Mr Toad's Wild Ride! Clean up that vomit! Smoke break in the parking lot! Lead the parade! etc. The "Happiest Place" toy box is cute, but hollow. That's not intended as a metaphor.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
Toys 'R Us is doing a couple deals on their Infinity stuff right now:

Buy One Power Disc Pack, get another for $1. - (Terms say you can only get this discount once, but checkout let me go for as many as I wanted and it applied it every other time.)

Buy one Disney Infinity item, get another for 50% off.

Just bought a bunch of power disc packs and will head over and pick them up from TRU later today.

literally real IRL
Apr 28, 2008
I just noticed this but walmart is selling the 3 packs for $15. It's over tonight at midnight.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Infinity-Figure-3-Pack-Sidekicks-Mike-Capt-Barbossa-Mrs-Incredible-Universal/23736207
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Infinity-Figure-3-Pack-Villains-Randy-Davy-Jones-Syndrome-Universal/23736201

Target is still selling the playsets for $18 as well if you can find them. That sale probably ends soon too.
http://www.target.com/p/disney-infinity-lone-ranger-play-set/-/A-14654533#prodSlot=medium_1_20
http://www.target.com/p/disney-infinity-cars-playset/-/A-14552370#prodSlot=medium_1_19

Walmart also has a preorder up for an "exclusive" early Woody that will be released 10/1/13. Dunno if there's a difference between this and the one that will be release later.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Infinity-Figure-Woody-Universal/24672915

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It's the same Woody, Walmart just gets it early. I think Gamestop gets Jack Skellington first as well.

• Locked thread