Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
This is a pretty good toybox mode gameplay video: http://youtu.be/O7YfVzqNn88

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

Here's one of those awkward fake interview-style videos. It makes the game look great, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39k-4tag3QA

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

Fan art! It was posted on facebook.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Is there a battle/pvp mode in this game like Skylanders or no.

Not specifically, but you can beat on each other in toy box mode as much as you like. The game tends to devolve into pvp no matter what your intentions are.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

Alex WS posted:

Couldn't you just reset the level of your toys and unlock eight new spins with them?

I am not sure about this. I wonder if it is true. I know you can build mob grinders to level up with.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

Bionic posted:

To answer the question about the PC version before, there's going to be a PC version of the iPad Toy Box app in October and a PC version of the full game next year.

Do I have to complete the Mastery Adventures to unlock the Creativitoys? We're about halfway through three playsets and have spun the toy vault about 20-25 times and still don't have a single Creativitoy. It's bumming me out.

I think you do get a bunch of toys by doing the mastery adventures.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

So, I think you can get more spins by transferring ownership of a figure to another console and then back to your console, and then leveling up again. I haven't taken the time to get to max level and see if it still works then. It is a pain in the rear end, but hopefully you don't have to keep buying poo poo to unlock everything in the vault.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

It looks like there is a new patch for PS3.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

What happens if you quit and reenter?

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

Online multiplayer works in the toy box/adventures, but not in playsets. Playsets only have split screen co-op, which will require two figures from the same franchise.

This assumes you are not playing on wii, which is much more limited.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

5er posted:

Do the half-pipe / quarter-pipe pieces for car mode tricks have any rounded options that work well with the car track corners? I'm trying to figure out a reasonable, fun 'safety rail for corners on a floating track.

There are actual guard-rails that fit the curves of the track pieces perfectly.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

The target audience is 8-12 years old so I am not surprised to see a lack of posts here.

I tried playing through some of the downloadable toy boxes on iPad, and I found the controls to be pretty difficult to use.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

Tell me more of the Toy Story set. Is it Andy's Room or the city or what? I suppose it's about shooting mostly?

It is Toy Story In Space https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl6SrX2tJTo

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

There isn't much combat, aside from the Combat Simulator missions. Mostly it is doing various tasks for the aliens. There is no difference in gameplay between Buzz, Woody, and Jessie.

I feel like this playset is the most like Woody's Roundup in Toy Story 3. I think it is my favorite one. It seems like it has the most stuff to do.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

None of those discs seem to really add any value to the game. I haven't bothered with them at all. Is it fun to collect, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

The Wii version doesn't have split-screen multiplayer in playsets. The Wii version has a severely gimped toy box mode. You can't combine cars and physics toys, for example. That is why there are separate versions of the toy box mode. Also, you can't download any of the shared toy boxes which is a big selling point of the game. Also it is very ugly. I think you'd like the game much better if you exchanged it for the 360 version.

Edit: And playsets are missing a lot of missions/content on Wii.

• Locked thread