Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lord Lambeth posted:

This seems like a fun game for a demographic that isn't me. What is Skylanders like, for the uninitiated?

Like Diablo 3, but the gear you have to buy are seperate characters instead of using the Real Money Auction House to buy Equipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

PonchAxis posted:

Its almost insane to me how many Pixar characters there are in this but not that many Disney characters (yeah Disney owns Pixar but you know what I mean). Just a little insane, also it looks more interesting to me than Skylanders so I might check it out.
Well I think the lack of Disney made characters mostly has to do with their previous two films before Wreck It Ralph were princess movies, that and most of the movies made in the late 80's to late 90's. I'd imagine that they would never have any of their princess characters in a battling game because of how protective they are of it. Allthough if they do wind up appearing I wouldn't be against it, a class based action game with Princesses is something that hasn't been done yet.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Andrew_1985 posted:

This is my big hope for the next set of Disney Infinity characters. Who wouldn't love Chip N' Dale or Launchpad McQuack? Disney could easily clean up with this game if they play their cards right.
I think Tail Spin should take priority over anything else. If they're having the games be different with each world, an open world sandbox game with airplanes and other vehicles would be the best.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 18, 2013

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Andrew_1985 posted:

So they're announced their next set of figurines to release

Wave 2
Wreck-It-Ralph, Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-It-Ralph)
Sorcerer Mickey (Fantasia)
Rapunzel (Tangled)
Jack Skellington (Nightmare Before Christmas)
Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jesse (Toy Story)
Phineas Flynn, Perry the Platapus (Phineas & Ferb)
Anna, Elsa (Frozen)

Only one new 'playset' was announced too - Toy Story in Space.

So keep an eye out for this - Comes out in 'Murica on the 18th and other regions on the 22nd.

It's still really weird looking to see Woody and Buzz the size of normal human characters.

Buzz looks like a dwarf though with those proportions. That and Bug Eyed Phineas just looks really really off.

• Locked thread