Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Khanstant posted:

So what's the point of the figurines? Is it just an elaborate way to sell a shitload of superfluous garbage? I never knew much about Skylanders except that you also had to buy a lot of thingies to play it. Is this like just a toyset for kids, where there's a digital component to the action figures instead of using your imagination. I hate Disney and love all of their cartoons and movies as much as the next guy, but maybe I'm just too old for this to get excited??

In a perfect world, that would be exactly the point: action figures you can play with without the game, that you can also plug into your Nintendo (bear with me) and have them pop up in a game. To a kid, that's like getting two toys in one, a cool new Jack Sparrow figure and a new guy for your favorite game.

The reality is a little more disappointing because the figurines don't seem very poseable or fun and the game probably won't be anything special. So yes, it's what you're saying. But I understand the potential behind the idea and kids apparently loving love Skylanders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread