Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
I wish I could ban everyone in Global Chat, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Just use the ignore feature in the User Pref section until they fix the lovely chat. Also, avoid the custom Very Serious deck. It's loving stupid.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Oldstench posted:

Just use the ignore feature in the User Pref section until they fix the lovely chat. Also, avoid the custom Very Serious deck. It's loving stupid.

Yeah, sorry about choosing that one. I didn't know. :( It's off now.

Still have a game going as SomeoneAwful, I think there's still room. Password is lljk.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

You think the creator would accept a custom SomethingAwful deck?

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
Started up a new game as SA_beefartz, pw: lljk.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Ironsights posted:

You think the creator would accept a custom SomethingAwful deck?

He is adding more decks it said at the beginning page. If you have them in a directly importable format he'll get them up sooner.

mrbill
Oct 14, 2002

There's also Hangouts Against Humanity on Google+, which lets you play while having a hangout.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson

mrbill posted:

There's also Hangouts Against Humanity on Google+, which lets you play while having a hangout.

So anyone up for this? I can't stand not being able to chat with the people in my game.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Had a round with all around amazing submissions.

e: kinda big

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.

scremlin
Jul 3, 2007

i've never been one to
half-ass shenanigans.
Started a new game under SA_typodemno, pass is lljk.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.
Great round from that game:

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
Got a game going right now. Usual password. Come join us!

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
In as SA_faaaaarrt. lljk.
It didn't work out.

Oldstench fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 23, 2013

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

SA_Valhelmethead

Password is lljk.

Game is forming!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Val Helmethead posted:

SA_Valhelmethead

Password is lljk.

Game is forming!

My cards were the only one that were a haiku and it wasn't picked :mad:

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

raditts posted:

In the pickers defense, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir was a good one. Not a haiku though.

lemonsaresour
Feb 17, 2011
Aww the game is full. I'm down to try a game when this game is over.

In as lemonSAurus

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
"Intelligence indicates that our enemy is using giant cathedral ships. Research divison reports that we can adapt this technology for our use. Begin researching giant cathedral ships immediately."
Any good proxys out there that don't break the scripting for this? I got banned for spamming in the chat and I kinda regret it now.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
I set one up SA_GIANTOUIJABOARD with the lljk password.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

raditts posted:

That happens a lot. People don't pick the haiku even though that's what they should pick (because theres only ever one in a game)

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
That happened to me once, though I didn't realise there was one that fit the Haiku Structure. I figured that actually getting a haiku from the cards was unlikely, so I just picked the funniest. which looked closest to me anyway without counting out all the syllables.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Sorry for bailing mid game to those who were in that game earlier. Had a server fail mid migration cause of a battery failing.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I'm half-convinced some of these 'players' are robots or something. I picked whatever my RNG told me to and got a close third.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

~grandmaaaaaaa~
Starting one up as SA_beefart, pw: lljk

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Starting game as SA_Cathulhu, pw: lljk

e:

e2:

Odysseus S. Grant fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 23, 2013

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder
in as SA_Bukowski waiting for a slot

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Started a game as SA_Oldsrocket since cathulu's is full, if anyone else is looking to play.

DoTheEvolution
Mar 18, 2009
Was playing as SpookySwitch. Had fun with you dudes but they really gotta make it so your chat is for the people in your game only. I was playing with some chill guys but all of the random idiots from around the internet really make it unbearable to laugh at the selections with everyone.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Pay attention to the game folks. Having one innatentive fucker wrecks it for everyone.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

duck monster posted:

Pay attention to the game folks. Having one innatentive fucker wrecks it for everyone.

And may also cause the game to have a seizure.

SoulTaco
Apr 8, 2003
In the game as SABalloon usual password.

Deathslushie
Dec 19, 2006

Did you drink the death slushie? Is that what you did?
Deathslushie's game, password lljk. Get up ons.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
SA_Geirskogul, lljk

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

~grandmaaaaaaa~
Got a game still going! Look for whichever room has SA in front, password lljk as always.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Is it possible someone has an IRC channel we can use for goon games? Might make things more enjoyable!

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Game up, lljk as password.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Cryptic Edge posted:

Game up, lljk as password.
What room is this in? I'm not seeing it in the list.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
They restarted the server or something and it dropped like 5 min ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

duck monster posted:

On that note, here's some tips for game hosts that I've learned the hard way:

-Do only the second edition of the core game (or the first), but not both unless you want duplicates of most of the core cards (I think).

-Misprint Replacement Bonus Cards, The First Expansion, The Second Expansion, and/or the 2012 Holiday Pack. Those are the only acceptable options. Canadian is only funny if you're sure that everyone knows what a Molson Muscle is. My Little Pony sucks dick, and Very Serious is the name of a forum and thus the set has has lots of in-jokes you won't get. I think Very Serious also has a shitton of cards, so it dominates the deck.

-Have a max of 8 players. 6 is best. This is because the timeout setting for everyone is based on the number of players. One person can slow the entire game to a crawl until the server kicks or skips them. Card Czars have a tendency to choose poorly when there are too many cards to consider (If you don't luck out as one of the first 4 answers presented to the person, you're hosed). It also screws people with small screens. Finally, too many players means you'll have a revolving door in the game. People show up, dick around, and then quit when they are the Card Czar, which means we all have to either wait two minutes or "The Bug" kicks in and resets the game, loving everyone. If you have 8 players, 6 of them will probably stay the entire game. If you have 20 players, you'll be lucky to have 2 who last the duration.

-If you want goons in your new game, don't password it at first. Nobody joins a passworded game with 1 person in it while there are fuller games open.

-If you have a full room of dedicated people, you might password that poo poo right before you start the game. That way you won't have a situation where someone quits, a stranger joins, and then the stranger idles and makes you all wait for the timer to count down. If you need goons, announce it in chat: "Goon game with open slots (5/8). Usual password. New game about to start." We'll quit our lovely public games to come to yours, so long as you're nearly full.

-Use a score limit of 5 or 6. There's a bug that resets the game if the Card Czar quits, so the odds of you completing a game decrease with a higher score limit. Secondly, people who join in-progress games are likely to quit if they have zero points and everyone else has 8 out of 12. Everyone likes getting fresh hands often, and the only way to do this on the website, as opposed to the real game, is to just have short games. The first 3 rounds are always much funnier anyway, because people are using their best cards.

In summary, do this:

Also you guys are some sick, clever fucks and I love you for it.

• Locked thread