Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
SS isn't really a game about improving your character, it's about improving your play and having the right tools. Once you hit level 10 heart sigil, level 100, with black spells, you can't improve your character anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Belzac, how do you go about sorting your saved gear? By boss or by type? Getting to the point where I should probably put some effort into preparing and not relying on my black red riding hood spear. Changing out my offerings is such a hassle and I can't remember weaknesses for poo poo.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Dimix posted:

Belzac, how do you go about sorting your saved gear? By boss or by type? Getting to the point where I should probably put some effort into preparing and not relying on my black red riding hood spear.

Actually, that is pretty much the best spears get. The only exception is switching to Cerberus when you go up against a volt-weak enemy.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Is the difference in raw power worth skipping on the weakness bonus? Maybe only worth it when combined with force surge?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Dimix posted:

Is the difference in raw power worth skipping on the weakness bonus? Maybe only worth it when combined with force surge?

The elemental spears edge out a very tiny amount, but have a shorter combo and typically worse charge attacks (the non-elemental normal spear has the best though), so the damage doesn't really go any further than the RRH spear if at all.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Whats with elemental hells in Delta anyway?

I can make a plant turret and have it poo poo fire white I spam fire spells in rapid succession and the monster won't even begin to smoke. It says they're vulnerable to the elements I use but it just never happens.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
I don't have pre-set up sets in Delta (I did in regular) but they should be by element with a few changes to fit the boss (don't bring a shield to a boss you can't block).

Elemental hells are now up to divine are players to make happen. It's nearly impossible to do on your own.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

May be late to ask but storyline question.

What's the importance of finding out who you are in the jail cell. Noticed the Sanctuary faction had 3 stories and listened to them all. Librom was like "golly where could I of heard that name before?" and checked the scroll behind him and... nothing really happened and it wasn't like I had some grand revelation. Is it just there to give you a name?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Checking the name in your cell is the way to toggle on and off the Delta changes to the main story.

The name is the name of the person reading the book. All events in SS are taking place in a magic book that retells the events of the final recursion.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Belzac posted:

Checking the name in your cell is the way to toggle on and off the Delta changes to the main story.

The name is the name of the person reading the book. All events in SS are taking place in a magic book that retells the events of the final recursion.

Oh I'm aware of that. It just seems kinda random that at the end of the storyline "here's a interesting fact about you. Neat huh?"

It doesn't help that when you absorb Librom you apparently become your custom character so the name doesn't matter anyway

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
If you complete all Sanctuarium pacts the significance of the name becomes more pronounced.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
So how am I supposed to get the low level Pier Piper LE and SE for the last weapon sigil? I read that I have to create a low level blank page and hope it's a pied piper mission, but is there a way to get that page without the randomness involved?

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
I believe there is always a chance to get a lower level essence just like there is a higher. So you could try doing a medium difficulty one to get the lower level essence. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Speaking of low level essence, the special blank page has a low level leviathan for the next 2ish weeks.

Edit: confirmed. Was trying to get siren++ from a 7 or 8 difficulty and got 1 siren and 2 siren+ before getting what I wanted.

Dimix fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 17, 2014

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Dimix posted:

I believe there is always a chance to get a lower level essence just like there is a higher. So you could try doing a medium difficulty one to get the lower level essence. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Speaking of low level essence, the special blank page has a low level leviathan for the next 2ish weeks.

Edit: confirmed. Was trying to get siren++ from a 7 or 8 difficulty and got 1 siren and 2 siren+ before getting what I wanted.

Well poo poo, Pied Piper is a complete pushover and I killed him 20 times and nothing yet. Also holy poo poo, the snow white dwarves are BEASTLY. You can summon like 15 of them real quick and they just keep on attacking for 120 damage each. You can see how that adds up, I just summon a group every now and then and they really help.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
When the game first launched there was an event page that had a mid level pied piper that I farmed for an hour to get the regular LE/SE.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Belzac posted:

When the game first launched there was an event page that had a mid level pied piper that I farmed for an hour to get the regular LE/SE.

It didn't even take too long to get a 4* pied piper! 10 minutes of blank page creation got me a 4* pied piper, a 4* chimera and a 5* odin. Odin's offerings are pretty baller, ever at bronze!

For some reason I'm finding the game too easy running neutral arm/weapon magic! I'm doing 13* missions and never get to the point where I'd actually die. I want to unlock the 15* missions already but so far, even online playing with other dudes I'm the one reviving the glass cannons 7-8 times per fight. My 13* solo runs are all around 5 minutes. With the regenesis seed, dullahan armor, wyvern dodge and doing only the aerial combo for weapons which is faster and safer than the normal one, nothing ever hits me. When I'm hit, I take less than 20% HP if they're not fully elemental, 50% with fully elemental.

Anyone still playing? I want to tackle the gods and odin, but these are the ones that will probably gently caress my poo poo up.

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
I'm attempting to give the game another go after picking up delta on sale. My old vanilla save got lost somewhere in the shuffle but I was only a few hours in. Any progression tips for a total newbie? I've played a shitload of MH but I'm still learning the ropes with SS.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Lots of stuff is locked behind the main story so you want to get through the majority of it in a timely manner. I didn't actually fight magus until recently and I was way way over powered for him.

Other than that I'd say avoid grim faction because the rewards appear to be completely random at the end of a mission. I ran maybe 30 missions as grim and never saw the third tier reward. I could just have terrible luck. I do like grim though and plan to switch back when getting offerings isn't a main goal anymore.

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
This is going to be a really dumb question, but what exactly is the main story? Things seemed to stop as soon as I beat Sortiara chp6. Are they the faction quests?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tequila posted:

This is going to be a really dumb question, but what exactly is the main story? Things seemed to stop as soon as I beat Sortiara chp6. Are they the faction quests?

It's the magusar storyline. I think this time you have to do the first tier of each faction quest. It starts at "several years later"

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

nerdz posted:

It's the magusar storyline. I think this time you have to do the first tier of each faction quest. It starts at "several years later"

Oh! I was really confused because it's very different from how SS 1 did the post Sortiara quests.

Thanks!

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Yea nerdz is right. I completely forgot that you had to do some faction quests before you can start magusar this time around.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Does anyone knows what the Faction offerings actually do, aside from fusion and change what sacrifice/save/fate do?

I'm still thinking that they de-activate your current faction resonance, and activating the heart sigil of another faction (if equipped), but I have no way to test since none of my friends want to become ghosts to write down a bunch of numbers for me.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Ridiculously good price for SOul Sacrifice Delta on PSN. I loved the demo, so getting it for 15 bux was a no brainer, honestly.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master
I loved the original Soul Sacrifice and didn't have much trouble cruising through the game up to the 9th Avalon Pact but hit a brick wall there with the werewolf who would practically one-shot me and had too much health to chain freeze/kill efficiently even when I went full glass cannon with no allies. Does anyone with a lot of time in Delta know if the extra stuff does anything to alleviate the issues with that particular fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004

Taratang posted:

I loved the original Soul Sacrifice and didn't have much trouble cruising through the game up to the 9th Avalon Pact but hit a brick wall there with the werewolf who would practically one-shot me and had too much health to chain freeze/kill efficiently even when I went full glass cannon with no allies. Does anyone with a lot of time in Delta know if the extra stuff does anything to alleviate the issues with that particular fight?

I'd say delta is overall easier. One thing that's stands out is the ai companions are worth a poo poo. I'd be fighting one monster while my companions stay on the other and they'd go down in health at around the same rate.

It's been a while since I've played so I don't remember the terminology but raise your "save monster" level if you have a hard time staying alive. Just max out your defense as much as possible. You'll drag out a fight but you'll get more comfortable and start throwing more points in the "sacrifice monster" level.

• Locked thread