Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Great OP. This game looks so god drat amazing. The aesthetics are absolutely incredible, the spells look diverse and fun and the mechanics seem really unique. The only thing that worries me is that I seem to recall someone in the general Vita thread mentioning that the only way to get rewards from the boss fights is to beat them in a very specific and technical way, which would seem to limit your options somewhat. Anyone with the demo able to refute this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Yea, you'd think it would have been released by now. This games seems to be getting really good word of mouth and I suppose we can hold out hope for a last minute marketing push, if not the demo.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

What's the size of the Japanese demo? I have Tuesday off and waiting for psn to update and then downloading this with my lovely Internet is going to be excruciating.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Yea this is getting mildly frustrating. It's quarter after 11 here, I was at least hoping to start the download before bed, but that seems unlikely.

Whoops, new page. Edit for content: gently caress you sony

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 17, 2013

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

This game is living up to my high expectations, havn't tried multiplayer yet but please add me to the list, PSN is same as my name here, NA.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Seems to be random as far as I can tell, unless its linked to something weird.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

You can smash the roaches in your cell :v:

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Using the charged version of a homing spell still only uses one cast, right?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Going divine only gives you more defense/potential health, right? it would be cool if it gave your summons more durability as well. Seems like one person with timesand, some healing and a bunch of golems could do some damage in a boss fight.

Also, what does the harpy shriek skill actually do? aoe centered on the caster?

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Apr 22, 2013

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I can't even get my preorder bonuses because I'm stuck on the 'preparing to download' screen. Hopefully they fix this with today's update.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Oh my god gently caress the carnivorous slime and the level you fight him in. Seems like a real difficulty spike, unless I'm overlooking something simple.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I've been playing this game nonstop and have barely touched multiplayer. So fun.

Anyone have any tips against Illecebra's archfiend form? I thought fighting the slime in the catacombs was frustrating, but holy poo poo. So many cheap attacks and trying to keep magusar alive makes it even rougher.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

There's quite a lot of single player content, and you can do the multiplayer missions with NPCs you've saved as well. That being said, this style of game in general (and this one in particular) are a blast to play with a few friends/acquaintances/random strangers, and sort of designed with that in mind.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

As others have said bringing armor to that fight makes it a lot easier. Other than that I would just load up on thrown magic.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Yea, I'm not sure what kind of modifier your characters magic level adds to your spells base damage. Belzac/Emalde/salsaguy probably do though. I guess simple addition would make the most sense.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

XavierGenisi posted:

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but what's the best way to get Enemy SE+? Like, are there any specific missions I should try playing to get them, or what? I need some Orc and Goblin SE+s for some sigils, but I can't seem to find any.

Don't quote me on this but I think the mission Sweeping the Valley is good for getting goblin+, it's an exploration mission so you can kill as many as you want before completing it. I think it's one of the first missions in pact 4 or 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Bussamove posted:

Thank you for this amazing advice. I'd disregarded stonefist because of its short range at first, then I saw this and popped Elven Queen's legs with one charged shot of Cremation Clod. Now my life's work will be turning the world into a giant fist. And punching the sun. :black101:

yea stonefist (wasn't it called rising in vanilla?) got a big boost in delta, the fact that you can charge it while running now as well as the second charge level AOE fist forest have made it even more devastating. It's also really easy to get redmist sigils 3 and 4 early on.

I always feel like kind of an rear end using it online though as the AOE attack especially ragdolls the crap out of anyone close to the archfiend. I've taken to crab clawing the start button to warn people of my incoming EARTH FIST MAGIC!

• Locked thread