Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, if I recall the CPP came too late to be used by Kid Icarus as anything more than an optional control scheme for lefties.

Well that's a load of rear end. Luckily, I found this thing that I had when i originally owned Kid Icarus. It works pretty well, but it feels like I'm scratching up my touch screen a lil bit. I can't see any scratches, but I feeeeel like I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

Finally gave up the hunt and I'm going to buy a red one this evening. After having orders for the Majora's edition canceled by both Best Buy and Target I said gently caress it, red is cool with me.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

noirstronaut posted:

Over the course of my life? Sure. Over the next few weeks wherein that $116 would be most useful? Probably not.

You can get this screwdriver on sale for like only $75, spend the rest on a #0 attachment and you'll probably have money left over.

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW920K-2-7-2-Volt-Two-Position-Screwdriver/dp/B000051WQV

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Tesh posted:

Finally gave up the hunt and I'm going to buy a red one this evening. After having orders for the Majora's edition canceled by both Best Buy and Target I said gently caress it, red is cool with me.

Send a PM to flyboi. I had a MM on "reserve" since he was going to give me his, but I found a MM at Target and just got that one.

Nolgthorn posted:

You can get this screwdriver on sale for like only $75, spend the rest on a #0 attachment and you'll probably have money left over.

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW920K-2-7-2-Volt-Two-Position-Screwdriver/dp/B000051WQV

This post is so ridiculous that I can't think of a decent reply for it.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I bought a new 3ds. Someone please recommend some games for me to play. Action, adventure, RPGs. I have Pokemon x, sapphire, Lego pirates of the Caribbean, and fire emblem so far.
Does monster hunter 4 seem like an any person game, or is it something you need to have the right mentality for?
How about kid Icarus?
Are there any games similar to final fantasy?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Monster Hunter is very much a niche game that not everyone will love. Luckily, there's a demo on the eShop, so get that and try it out.

And before everyone rushes this thread with RPG recommendations, you'll need some assortment of Etrian Odyssey, SMT4, or some poo poo.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

RC Cola posted:

Does monster hunter 4 seem like an any person game, or is it something you need to have the right mentality for?
How about kid Icarus?

I can't really speak for Monster Hunter, but the new camera nub would probably improve your experience immensely.

Kid Icarus has a weird control scheme that you have to get used to and might hurt your wrist but it's really, really good. Bravely Default is the best Final Fantasy game since Chrono Trigger. Other games to get: Fire Emblem, all Phoenix Wrights, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, and SMT4 or Persona Q if you're after more RPGs. Keep in mind that Persona Q really only shines if you like Etrian Odyssey and/or have played both Personas 3 and 4 already (and aren't attached to characters acting like more than just a caricature of themselves).

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 14, 2015

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

RC Cola posted:

I bought a new 3ds. Someone please recommend some games for me to play. Action, adventure, RPGs. I have Pokemon x, sapphire, Lego pirates of the Caribbean, and fire emblem so far.
How about kid Icarus?

Bravely Default is basically Final Fantasy, just not called Final Fantasy. For me it had a very FF4/5 vibe. Really enjoyed it but the last 1/3 was a little bit grindy.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

noirstronaut posted:

Tell that to my still unsold oldXL.

I'm not going to post in your SA mart thread because I don't want to get banned, but your 3DS XL is overpriced. I can get a refurbished one from Nintendo with a year warranty for $135. Also in SA mart there were several others listed similar to yours selling for $105.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Suspicious Cook posted:

I can't really speak for Monster Hunter, but the new camera nub would probably improve your experience immensely.

Kid Icarus has a weird control scheme that you have to get used to and might hurt your wrist but it's really, really good. Bravely Default is the best Final Fantasy game since Chrono Trigger. Other games to get: Fire Emblem, all Phoenix Wrights, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, and SMT4 or Persona Q if you're after more RPGs. Keep in mind that Persona Q really only shines if you like Etrian Odyssey and/or have played both Personas 3 and 4 already (and aren't attached to characters acting like more than just a caricature of themselves).

I bought smt4 but couldn't get behind it. The game just dragged. I put maybe 10 hours into it

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

RC Cola posted:

How about kid Icarus?

Fantasy Life
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Tales of the Abyss
Super Mario 3D Land

And if you're a big Final Fantasy fan, and don't dislike rhythm games, give Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call a try. (there is a demo available on the eShop)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
SMT4 is 15$ on eshop and it is so good

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hey so I made a new thread with an OP thats relevant to current world events

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700920

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Hey so I made a new thread with an OP thats relevant to current world events

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700920

put my sa mart thread in the op

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
I know everyone's been recommending Etrian Odyssey and SMT. I'd just like to jump on and say play everything Atlus has made. If you can get past the fact that you're playing an anime dating simulator where high school students make magic babies, Conception II is a lot of fun. Every version of SMT I've gotten my hands on was worth playing, even if the difficulty got to me after a while. Etrian Odyssey is my favorite though and I'm particularly fond of Untold. I'm really looking forward to Untold 2 coming to America (hopefully) and Etrian Mystery Dungeon.

edit: Forgot about Code of Princess. I have no opinion about that game, but I'd be willing to give it a shot based on the strength of Atlus.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 14, 2015

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

noirstronaut posted:

put my sa mart thread in the op

I shant taint my threads purity like that

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

I know everyone's been recommending Etrian Odyssey and SMT. I'd just like to jump on and say play everything Atlus has made. If you can get past the fact that you're playing an anime dating simulator where high school students make magic babies, Conception II is a lot of fun. Every version of SMT I've gotten my hands on was worth playing, even if the difficulty got to me after a while. Etrian Odyssey is my favorite though and I'm particularly fond of Untold. I'm really looking forward to Untold 2 coming to America (hopefully) and Etrian Mystery Dungeon.

There are so many Atlus games available :ohdear: Are they all really worth it?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Do Not Buy Conception 2

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

noirstronaut posted:

There are so many Atlus games available :ohdear: Are they all really worth it?

I'd definitely stick with the big successes: SMT4, EOU, EO4. If you've played those, Persona Q is great, as is Conception II. If you've played all those and enjoyed them, I don't see you not enjoying the other games they've made. The only one I'm not sure about is Code of Princess, which seems to be something wholly different from their other games.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

So I got the Monster Hunter 4 Collector's Edition in the mail yesterday. Rules. But I told myself I would wait until I eventually get the new 3DS to play it because of the nub. I didn't like having to use the touch screen to start lock on in the demo. Do you think the game is possible to play just using the L button without using lock on? For the record I'm pretty casual about MH. I don't really care about making it really deep into multiplayer or anything.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

If you've played those, Persona Q is great, as is Conception II.

hmm...

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's kind of disingenuous to sell Code of Princess or Conception II as Atlus games when they were only published by Atlus USA.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Will they produce more MM xls or should I just settle/get a decal

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Suspicious Cook posted:

Bravely Default is the best Final Fantasy game since Chrono Trigger.

No, gently caress you. We don't do that.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the best square game is twewy

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

it was pretty good for 2 dungeons and it was okay for that 3rd one. I've heard tell of dungeons 4 and 5 but from where I'm standing they appear to be just fairy tales.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Best Final Fantasy is actually Curtain Call

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

Ruggington posted:

Do Not Buy Conception 2

I disagree. Buy multiple copies of Conception 2.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Strange Quark posted:

It's kind of disingenuous to sell Code of Princess or Conception II as Atlus games when they were only published by Atlus USA.

I'd say it's fair with Conception since it seems so much like an Atlus game, with the dungeon exploring being like SMT4. The battle system was definitely different, but I found it fun.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Code of Princess seems like such a fun game but after seeing it actually played the framerate was so awful that I gave up hope.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
It is hard to find a nnid that isn't used already

Also if there is a problem with my 3ds and I have to exchange it do I lose all my purchases because that's retardes

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

corn in the bible posted:

It is hard to find a nnid that isn't used already

Also if there is a problem with my 3ds and I have to exchange it do I lose all my purchases because that's retardes

Yes, but you can call and they will transfer it. So no.

Just takes some effort.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Bombadilillo posted:

Yes, but you can call and they will transfer it. So no.

Just takes some effort.

Woah, so I can't just sign into the eshop and redownload?

I remember this being a problem years ago but I thought they changed it.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Macintosh HD posted:

Woah, so I can't just sign into the eshop and redownload?

I remember this being a problem years ago but I thought they changed it.

That's what Nintendo ID is.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
The new thread's icon is pretty big oversight unfortunately. :(

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kilometers Davis posted:

So I got the Monster Hunter 4 Collector's Edition in the mail yesterday. Rules. But I told myself I would wait until I eventually get the new 3DS to play it because of the nub. I didn't like having to use the touch screen to start lock on in the demo. Do you think the game is possible to play just using the L button without using lock on? For the record I'm pretty casual about MH. I don't really care about making it really deep into multiplayer or anything.

I find it fine just using L. I've still been doing that even after getting a New.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
HEY! Who wants a 3d classic Twin Bee????

8565-4596-6767-5609

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Overbite posted:

HEY! Who wants a 3d classic Twin Bee????

8565-4596-6767-5609

Hey, I actually got this. Thanks!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I didn't realize people in this thread were actually getting extra MM 3DSs so consider this post my "holy crap if you could ship it my way I'd actually give you some extra bucks as a thanks" post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.
I got my New 3DS yesterday, and today when I was playing the top screen would randomly get a bit darker, like I had turned down the brightness a little bit. It happened several times, and again when I was playing that face game. Anyone know what would cause this?

• Locked thread