Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Just some information for anyone looking to import a 3DS/XL from the US for somewhere else, since I did it recently:

Region locking is a mild pain, but there's a few games that either have hugely delayed EU/AU releases (ds1 overclocked, luigi's mansion, likely SMT4 + SMT:Persona) or no EU release at all yet (etrian 4, code of princess). Some notes:

- you can use US eshop cards with your US 3DS to buy games available there (OOT3d, all mario games, fire emblem, various others). One that accepts AU/EU CCs and seems to be ok is Maximuscards - I've had no problem getting cards from there, and it's basically instant.

- you need to get a charger from somewhere, since the US one is both a US plug and 120v. Since a dual converter-transformer is fuckoff expensive, you can either get a USB charger or a universal ds/3ds/microusb charger, either of which work fine.

- Amazon will ship ~most~ 3DS games internationally. If you find one that refuses to be shipped, make sure that you're getting it from Amazon itself and not a third-party seller. The only game I've had trouble with this is Theatrhythm.

As an additional note, I got my 3DS XL from Amazon with 4 games and priority shipping ($36) was $3 cheaper than default slowass shipping ($39), so make sure to check the difference :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

punchdaily posted:

The only game that I've noticed being hard to track down is Devil Survivor Overclocked. I've heard nothing of it being released digitally, and I've only seen it in stores once besides the time I bought it. Some people have had issues finding Tales of Abyss, but it's always in stores around where I live, so your mileage may vary with that.
If you're not too concerned with JRPGs you probably won't have much of a problem by the time you pick one up.

I grabbed Devil Survivor Overclocked from Amazon a week or two ago, no problem at all :raise:

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

SMTIV is up on the eShop.

e; game is huge :stare: 14.5k blocks

Murodese fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 16, 2013

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

I'm guessing I'm not the only one having trouble with the Club Nintendo site?

• Locked thread