Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Apparently I was supposed to put something here.
Fun Shoe
Over the past few days, I've noticed a weird problem with my 3DS. Sometimes when I've opened it after taking it off the cradle, the screen has been dark and I've had to hold down the power button until it shuts off and then turn it back on to get it working. After this, no problems. This doesn't happen every time, but it's happened enough times to make me worry a little bit. :ohdear:

Anyone else had this problem? I got the 3DS last August, so I think it should still be under warranty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Fun Shoe

Guilty posted:

Sorry for the dumb question, but I'm visiting in the states right now and have an EU 3DS. I can't play American carts on it, can I?

Most DS games aren't locked (Pokemon B/W and a few others are, iirc), but all 3ds carts are.

nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Fun Shoe

jivjov posted:

For anyone who didn't already know this: anime conventions are the world's best place for StreetPasses. I've been here less than an hour, the convention doesn't actually kick off til 4, and I've already got 6.

Within the first 15 minutes of being at GenCon last summer, my queue was already full.

Edit: Also, if I really enjoyed the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon demo, is it likely that I'll enjoy the game itself? Or is there some part of the game that's totally different that we didn't see in the demo. I don't usually buy games super close to the release date, but at this point I'm counting the days until it's released.

nerdpony fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 16, 2013

nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Fun Shoe

katkillad2 posted:

Are any of the Pokemon mystery DLC dungeons worth purchasing? Just at a glance, i'm assuming the extra hard one with 99 levels or whatever might be but I don't know. I was going to ask in the pokemon general thread, but they are all sperging about how their favorite pokemon got changed or something and i'd rather never open that thread again if I can help it.

I'm about 10-15 hours in and i'm enjoying it. It's a little on the easy side, except for enemy pokemon who have rollout and one shot you, but I wasn't expecting it to be overly difficult. The town building elements are a nice addition to this game compared to the previous mystery dungeon game I played.

One of them is free still, I think, so you should get that one. If I buy one, it will probably be the one that has a ton of treasure boxes that are team-skill-heavy.

I have sunk a lot of hours into this game and recently got to the credits and am now playing the post-credits game. (I'm really terrible at video games.) Anyways, I'm also really enjoying it. I'm not very familiar with roguelikes, but I do see how people who are big fans of the genre might be dissatisfied with that aspect of it.

nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Fun Shoe
I just want a purple theme to coordinate with my purple 3DS. :-(

(Or the Animal Crossing one.)

nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dehry posted:

http://loveconquersallgam.es/post/2350461718/gently caress-the-super-game-boy-introduction

If this is anything to go by, the Super Gameboy colors were applied after the Gameboy rendered the images. I guess they could have put in a function to apply those colors to the screen, but they also would have needed to emulate the SNES sound driver for all the added sound effects. It's probably just :effort: because they wouldn't recoup the costs of emulating the functions for a handful of games.

Huh, this was really interesting. Thanks for posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Fun Shoe
I searched for this but couldn't find it -- I know you used to be able to find out who deleted your friend code by sending out a message in Swapnote, but what's the best way to do that after Swapnote's sad demise? (RIP Swapnote)

• Locked thread