Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Junkie Disease posted:

Now I have a question. Will the Luigis Dark Moon multiplayer just be nintendolands ghost hunt? Because that would rock.

Joystiq just posted an article about one of the multiplayer modes. http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/24/the-multiplayer-scarescraper-of-luigis-mansion-dark-moon/

quote:

The goal in Hunter mode is to work together to clear each floor of ghosts and advance to the next level. Sometimes this involves getting ghosts out of the objects they're hiding in, or finding hidden keys to open locked halls where more ghouls lurk. Since every floor of the tower is a randomly generated set of rooms and obstacles, no two sessions will be alike. The random placement of ghosts, keys, tools, healing hearts, and traps makes every new floor potentially treacherous, and some high-health spook encounters make coordinated multi-Poltergust teamwork a must on higher difficulties.

It also states there is online play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
The closest I've seen a Japanese game console to supporting DST is the PS3. It doesn't automatically adjust the clock, but there is a DST setting that can be toggled on and off that will adjust the clock accordingly.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
So, according to Kotaku and their sources, Nintendo patched out same sex relationships, yet this IGN article from two days ago with Bill Trinen said that they didn't patch it out.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05...m_medium=social

quote:

Trinen explained that a free tool on the 3DS eShop allowed players to transfer over Mii characters from the 2009, Japan-only DS version to the 3DS game caused a problem. When a player brought those characters into 3DS’s Tomodachi Collection, it caused a data transfer issue that corrupted the save data and prevented people from progressing.

“The other thing that was going on was that quite a few Japanese players were dressing up Mii characters,” Trinen explained. “Essentially they would create a male version of a Mii character and assign their gender as female, and that was how the two males were able to have a baby.”

The patch did not change the fact that players could do that.

Sure, the game doesn't have built-in same sex relationships, but according to the article they didn't stop people from faking same sex relationships.

GI_Clutch fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 7, 2014

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Link's Spirit Flute Training

Use gyroscopic controls to position the Spirit Flute and blow into the microphone to play notes! Challenge your favorite The Legend of ZeldaTM friends and foes in this musical adventure only on Nintendo 3DS!

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

MrMortisland posted:

Actually that angle is exactly enough to completely destroy some people's interest. Saying "nuh uh" doesn't make it less of an issue for those who hate it.

Exactly. I skimmed through that video and knowing nothing about the game, here is my impression: It's a game filled with girls that are "eighteen" and have tits over-inflated with Jell-o. They fight other girls and end up in their underwear. Then a dildo slides between their Jell-o tits and they transform. Oh, and you can play dress-up with them and put them in sexy positions. What I do know is that no matter how wrong my impressions are, no facts about what's actually going on would change my mind about the game.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
The only thing I have to offer for a code is a copy of Half-life 2 that's been sitting in my Steam inventory for years on end that I could gift someone. But I don't know if there is anyone on Earth who doesn't already have a copy.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

SilentChaz posted:

Three US codes for the Smash Bros. demo:

A05VDGJQ206W1332

Taken. Thank you!

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I'm enjoying the demo. It feels so nice after popping Brawl in for the first time in years last night. It felt so awkward. This demo just feels right. I'm loving Villager. His moves are just hilarious and it's fun dropping trees on people and grabbing anything you can get your hands on. Link feels great too. His new dash attack is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Policenaut posted:

Supposedly New 3DS doesn't come with a Club Nintendo code.

In the past, you registered your system by entering your serial number, not a club Nintendo code. I just checked Club Nintendo and it appears now you do it by linking your NNID on your console. So there's still no need for a Club Nintendo code.

• Locked thread