Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gameface
Nov 23, 2007
Looking at those color swaps, they seem ripped right from Brawl. The only 2 missing would be White Luigi and the Waluigi outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

WorldWarWonderful posted:

There's one Mii on my morning and evening commute and every day I scour the buses for who it could be, but his Mii is wearing some tiki-mask thing so it totally obscures the Mii's head :mad:

Thankfully I can at least have one reliable person in Find Mii.

Streetpass is strangely addictive.

I believe you should be able to transfer that Mii to the Mii Maker program. As Mii Maker does not have any of the hats the plaza does, it should remove it, revealing the face underneath.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

I really thought some goon would have mentioned this by now, but I notice the "R. Parkers" sign now reads "Re-Tail." I guess the store name is being re-translated for the English audience.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
I'd post my top 10, but I ended up setting my 3DS to the wrong year when I got it. :doh: I only ended up noticing when I was writing a swapnote and the days didn't match up. I'm guessing there's no way short of a complete system wipe that I can get the log to start over? I wouldn't mind parting with my small pile of coins and the plaza progress I have if that's what is needed, but I'd like to know if I'd lose any downloadable game saves in the process. (I picked Mario 3D Land as part of the XL promo. I completed the 8 main worlds and the 8 special worlds, but haven't yet unlocked the very last level.)

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
I think I figured out a way to determine if it came from a local 3DS or a relay, at least for the Mii Plaza. If your Mii greets them with your public greeting, it's from a local. If the guest goes from saying 'hi' right to mentioning their last game instead, it's from a relay. I'm guessing it's another one of those 'Children might see swears! :byodood:' things that Nintendo tries so hard to avoid.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

Ursine Asylum posted:

I think that's just whether or not you have a greeting set. I'm seeing plenty of greetings from my relay.

Doesn't the plaza force you to set a greeting? If I tried to blank out my current one, the confirm button disables itself until I put in something.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
I was clearing out my streetpass plaza today after a shopping trip, and I came across this person.
(Thumbnailed because it's somewhat large)
He was wearing the pixel mario hat if it matters any, but what caught my attention is the last played game. I'm assuming it was a standard DS title because of region locks. Could someone tell me what game that is, please?

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
Thanks for the quick responses. I didn't think about the flashcart thing, since I thought only a few English titles were able to used by those.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
I had seen something on Reddit a few days ago (yeah I know, :frogout:, but the source isn't the point.) about the Nintendo Zones in McDonald's wanting a login before it'll go pull anything from the Relay. I can confirm that is true, as I just got back from one and it needed that. Does Nintendo know about it? Having something like that turn the Relay from a passive thing to an active thing basically defeats the point of the service.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
I went over to a McDonald's to grab a snack and when I got home, I was greeted with a blue light on my 3DS. Apparently Nintendo Zone has a new plaza gold pants Mii being given out right now. Turns out it's Jamie Anderson, a US Olympian for the upcoming Sochi games. Seems like the gold pants bonuses are more or less the same, except Jamie is light green instead of dark green like the last 6 or so were. At least it's a nice way to get more of the Pokemon X/Y pink puzzle pieces out there.
Here's a picture I took of her in my plaza:

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
In other miscellaneous Nintendo news, apparently all of the NZones in the US are going to be combined in about a week for some Streetpass Weekend thing. I'm guessing after that, they'll be separated once more, but I'm wondering how this is even possible in the first place. Also, how will it affect HomePass? I bet stuff like the "X color only!" lines will become impossible to manage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FZWEJrqV2E

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yo NA dudes, Newegg has Link Between Worlds for $30:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ID=1312731&SID=

Not anymore they don't. The page tells me they sold out.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Looks like Mario Golf has 8 courses. There might be 9, but I'm pretty sure the "mountain course" from one of the previews was really the desert course.

Mountain course?

I'm inclined to agree that the individual hole you've got there is a part of the Desert Course. Fairway/Rough looks identical, and there are cacti hazards in both images.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
Stoic Judgement is a bit more than just a binary Judgement chart. If you score a Bad (or Miss, I guess) during it, your score actually decreases. I was watching a video of someone else playing it and I didn't notice it until the second time I watched it, that's how subtle it is.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

KennyMan666 posted:

In Dream Team Bros, anything that has to do with tilting is completely loving unbearable and I've ended up never using the moves that require that.

For Dream Team, it was a mixed bag in my case. One of my favorite special moves (Luiginary Ball) and the one I was worst at (Slingsniper) both used the motion controls.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

Rexroom posted:

Doesn't the game generate dudes from wireless spots? If that fails, I'm sure there's QR codes you can scan for dudes.

I haven't played any of the Denpa Men games, but the way he worded it makes me think it's a tutorial thing that won't let him play until he grabs that one specific guy.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
After reading the last page and a half of discussion about Bravely Default's second half being a hot pile of garbage, something's been bothering me. If that much of the game is utter tedium, then why did it get such glowing review scores? I can understand the big players going high, some of them might not have even gotten that far, but even user review averages are around high 8 or low 9. I haven't actually played it, so I might be missing something, but I'm simply curious.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Hey PAL dudes, NOE just sent out a Megaman Streetpass puzzle! Japan's had it for a little while, so here's what the completed puzzle looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkW8qHzRekk

Looks like NA has gotten this puzzle too. I noticed a blue notification on my 3DS and that came up when I checked it.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

Sire Oblivion posted:

Seriously, I managed to beat all of the levels with everyone intact and got all of the stupid gems, now I'm somehow missing half of the titles which would have been my last ticket from the game. I have no idea how to unlock them but I've spent enough time with it so like hell I'm going after the remaining 40 titles or whatever.

In case you do try to get the rest of them (All Titles Obtained is my last ticket to get on that one too), you get a title whenever you clear a level. (or if you clear Arcade but that's too much for one title) Doesn't matter which one, doesn't matter how much (or little) you score, just pick a level and win. I guess if you really wanted to, you could throw 2 or 3 coins at it, play Platinum Beach and repeat over and over and get it pretty quickly, but it would be extremely tedious.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
I guess I'll give my own stat block for 2014 too.

Steps: 332,484

33 titles / 433:03

Top 10:
Mario Golf World Tour 111:05 (Played this a ton on release month, then just kind of stopped playing after the 2nd Major.)
StreetPass Mii Plaza 77:29 (I live 5 minutes away from a McDonald's. Of course I'm going to get a ton of mileage out of this.)
Mario Kart 7 69:20 (Mainly playing in community rooms with Twitch broadcasters.)
Link Between Worlds 40:01 (100% Normal Mode, Completed Hero Mode, and did a small amount of a 3rd file. I wish it was possible to set how many hearts the Link you sent to other people had, because I imagine it's not too fun to fight a 20 heart guy equipped with 2 Nice weapons.)
Pokemon Battle Trozei 34:18 (Only thing missing from all crowns on the file is the 100 StreetPasses, of course.)
SMT4 19:32 (A little bit after getting to the main city, I just kind of lost interest and ended up trading in the game.)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky 11:30 (Just a file from last year that's done all of the story stuff possible. I'll do Zero Isle runs or rescue missions off of GameFAQs from time to time. While I really want to start anew, I also really don't want to lose the save either.)
Shiren the Wanderer 10:58 (Got this after watching someone on Twitch play the translated SNES version. I'm no prodigy of roguelikes, but I managed to clear the main dungeon on my second go, even though I needed a rescue for it.)
Crosswords Plus 10:18 (Got this after seeing ProtonJon play Crosswords DS on a cookie stream. It's OK, nothing too special.)
HarmoKnight 7:36 (During Christmas I finally managed to clear the Final Trial on both speeds after just being stuck there and putting the game down for several months.)

gameface fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

Phantasium posted:

I won't give him any but I sure am going to dump these ones here and get mad when he steals one!

A070C3250RAGVDHL
A070E5UT16EATXJR
A071FVR60F9AP6MJ

Claimed the 3rd one. Thank you! :)

• Locked thread