Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cheap rear end Bitch posted:

Yeah I ended up getting it from the website. Now all I need is to get some games. Any good places to look for cheaper DS games? I never owned a regular DS so I'm behind on everything that game out since the GBA...

You can also keep an eye on SA-mart, people frequently sell off small to medium sized collections of DS games, frequently containing some real gems, for a song. It's a great place for cheap rear end bitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Artix74 posted:

So I'm like an hour into Chapter 3 of Unchained Blades, and while I don't mind starting over with a new party and going to a new Titan, I'd really appreciate having more than one party member. :psyduck:

I get that this guy is supposed to be the best swordsman of the Reaper Clan, but I have no idea how I'm going to be able to do an entire Titan by myself without having at least one other person to occasionally throw Medicine Pills at me during the final boss of the Titan. Unless they decide to pull a Tortuga and throw me a boss where I can kill each part with ~2 turns of concentrated attacking.

You won't have to do the whole titan like that, and you won't be facing as many enemies as the other parties did, for the most part. Be sure and abuse items that target entire screens, and you may want to hit a faq to maximize the attitudes of your dudes, so they'll take hits for you more often.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

deadwing posted:

I also really appreciated the ability to pick the least creepy animes for my party.

Seconding this. Etrian Odyssey women are always a very odd mix of incredibly creepy and completely awesome. The awesome ones are usually the heavily armored classes.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Pottsdam posted:

Should I get Fire Emblem or Etrian Oddysey IV? Let's say I can only get one.

They're both so good that this is strictly a preference issue, basically. If you like SRPGs, get Fire Emblem, if you like Wizardry/JRPGs, get EO4. Better is to get both and not eat for a while.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Aksys has announced they're bringing a new Hakuoki game to 3DS in NA:

http://www.aksysgames.com/2013/04/23/everlasting-memories-await-you-with-the-men-of-hakuoki/

Who the hell is buying these things?

...me. Though this appears to just be a port of Demon of the Fleeting Blossom with some extra content and some easy 3D, so I probably won't get it unless it ends up in the bargain bin. How could I pass up the chance to date bishie vampire Shinsengumi?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Infinite Space (A JRPG built around starship combat. The story's surprisingly really good too)

Infinite Space is not built around starship combat. Do not buy it hoping for starship combat, you will be disappointed.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

SC Bracer posted:

Sumia and Cordelia both have female kids who can reclass to (or start as) Pegasus Knights. You're good.

Also, inheritance isn't locked in until you run through the recruitment mission for that particular child.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Gutcruncher posted:

Summon Night was a couple of GBA "Tales of" style RPGs that apparently turned into a SRPG series on PSP.

The main Summon Night series have always been SRPGs. Summon Night Swordcraft Story was tales-like offshoot on GBA.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Are the people talking about the new Mii Plaza games just people with japanese 3DSes or am I missing some update?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Rhaka posted:

I'm having the damndest time trying to find a decent case for my new XL. Bought some piece of poo poo in a local B&M, my games keep flying all over the place. So now I'm turning to the internet, amazon, play-asia, wherever. What are some good cases people are using?

My only requirements are that it fits properly, has a fairly neutral design (no giant pikachus please) and has slots on the inside for bringing a few game cartridges. I don't need room for a charger and all that poo poo.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0079GIUEQ/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This one is quality, as long as you're packing a backpack or such. It's not pocket sized by any means. I haven't found any that are small, fit an XL, and also hold a few games usefully, which is sad.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

TTBF posted:

I ordered the case recommend in the OP a few weeks ago when it was the last one in stock on Amazon, and was told it'd be 2-4 weeks before I get it. I just got an e-mail from Amazon saying they were cancelling my order because they were out. No other stores (Wal-Mart, Gamestop, K-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, etc) are carrying it any more. Can anyone suggest a different 3DS XL case that looks nice and holds a few games?

NinjaDebugger posted:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0079GIUEQ/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This one is quality, as long as you're packing a backpack or such. It's not pocket sized by any means. I haven't found any that are small, fit an XL, and also hold a few games usefully, which is sad.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Additionally a big element of this game seems to be that you need to go at most bosses at least twice, the first time to learn their weakness and attacks, the second time to actually beat them with a team that will be effective. This really reminds me of Paper Mario Sticker Star in how you had to return to bosses with the Things necessary to beat them. I really like this element in both games, but it seems to be one of the biggest complaints people had about SS so I'm wondering if people feel the same way about SMT?

I've beaten almost every boss type in one go, except David. It's random encounters that are my bane, because I have crappy timing. I keep getting first-striked by encounters with monsters that have that critical full party attack and never loving miss with it.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

When an enemy attacks, stand still and let them come to you. It makes it much easier to time the attacks.

Yeah, I've caught onto it now. It seems like you'll always hit them first if you're standing still and you hit the button when the icon goes red.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm genuinely curious as to how you've managed this. It seems to me like it shouldn't be possible without looking up boss weaknesses/attacks ahead of time, but maybe there are elements of this game I've completely missed.

A combination of luck, a lot of redundant skills, good guessing, and occasional use of Bad Company from my MC, which I lucked into early off a skill change.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I'll second the recommendation for Style Savvy. I got it for my little sister and she adores it.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

My six year old daughter has reached the age where she's showing more interest in computer games.
So I was wondering what games you guys would recommend to start her off with?

She already has and loves Lets Draw, Nintendogs, Kirby Mass Attack and Cooking Mama 3.

Really I'm not sure where to go from here.
I was thinking Pokemon X/Y when it comes out but not sure that may be abit much. Also pretty likely to grab New Super Mario Bros.

any suggestions would be appreciated as I'd hate to waste cash on crap or something that's abit too hard for her to enjoy...

If you're talking 3ds, PM me, I have an unopened copy of Style Savvy Trendsetters from getting my pink XL, I'll ship it to you.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Policenaut posted:

And on top of this, he wants nothing to do with Ivalice anymore. That's just a crying shame.

I could deal with that part if it meant more Tactics Ogre.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

NoonOwl posted:

Has anyone played this? I've been jonesing for a new visual novel, so I was thinking about picking it up.

I played the PSP version and liked it, just don't expect anything but a straight up VN, and be aware it's an otome game.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

President Ark posted:

I want to move the data that is on my 3ds' SD card (which is 2gb) onto the 3dsXL's SD card (which is 4gb). I have game data on my 2gb card being used in my 3ds and a 4gb SD card in the 3dsXL which currently has nothing on it. At the end of the process I want to have a 3dsXL with a 4gb SD card and my game data on it, and a 3DS with a 2gb SD card which has nothing on it.

If that's what you mean then I'm dumb, I just don't want to lose my Fire Emblem save. :negative:

In that case, you need 1x system transfer and 1x card to card copy.

vvvvvvvvv

Do the system transfer first.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

When I started SMT IV it said my name would be shown for Streetpass, but the game didn't make any Streetpass data and I can't find any options for it in game. Did I misunderstand/misread something or does it just unlock later into the game?

It unlocks after a bit, it's called the DDS, as I recall. It'll be an option under Burroughs.

• Locked thread