Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Is it possible to transfer games/info from one SD card to another while maintaining the same 3DS?

I purchased Fire Emblem Awakening from the eShop, and it wasn't until after i did so that I found my 16GB microSD card and its full-size adapter.

So, I'd like to get my games and such from the 2GB stock card to the 16GB micro-in-adapter card, without losing my saves/redownloading. Is this possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

jivjov posted:

Copy everything off the card to your PC, copy that over to the new card.

Alright. I thought that'd work, but I wasn't sure if the 3DS did something bizarre to the card formatting with multiple partitions or invisible files or such.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Chinook posted:

You mean "Monsters", right? They aren't that good at releasing those games outside of Japan, I don't think. (Well, the GBA game and 3DS game for sure, not sure about all of the others...)

However, a few have come out here. Check the chart on the right side of this article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Quest_Monsters

The two DQM: Joker games got released in NA, so maybe check those out. I haven't heard anything about the 3DS one getting a release outside of Japan, but plenty of people in this thread would love to hear that news, for sure.

As an avid player of the Gameboy Color releases (to this day even), the Joker games were pretty bad. They removed and altered many monsters, and many they added were simply recolors of existing monsters. They also changed the recruiting mechanic to some obtuse, unintuitive mess.

I was not a fan.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Doug Dinsdale posted:

It's a shame about Terry's Wonderland.
It's a full-on remake of the original GB DQM localized by Eidos.

I know! I was so excited to hear about it, because my cartridge copies of DWM and DWM2 were stolen last year.

But, it looks like Squeenix is going to disappoint once again, just like they're doing with the remake of FFX for the Vita.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
How is Shovel Knight and why can't I add money to my store account to buy it?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Has anything more come out about that Shin Megami Tensei meets Fire Emblem crossover game?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Is the eshop down or something?

It's giving me error 005-4270 when I try to open it.

I'm on a portable hot-spot running on my Nexus 5, but the connection test works fine, as does the Web browser.

I installed a system update (at home) last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Dammit, just got a new system, and the eshop is down so I can't log into my NNID to do a system transfer :argh:

• Locked thread