Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Teim posted:

So Nicalis just plain upped and stopped talking about an EU release of Cave Story after a while didn't they?

They are so bad at this publishing thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
literally anyone that answers that question will have a different order for you, so don't bother. 1 and 6 are both kinda rear end, for different reasons, and IMO 2 has way too much bullshit and shouldn't be your first entry into the series.

Personally i like 4 the best out of the NES games, since it's the first one with sliding and charging, but 3 is a very close second (the midgame section, right after the 8 robot masters, is done really well in that one, they start phoning it in for the rest).

I really can not stress the fact that starting with 1 is the worst thing you can do enough though. It has not aged well.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

noirstronaut posted:

Hey LBW owners, is the 3D in it rad or just pretty mediocre?

Given that most of the posts on this page are about how rad the 3d in lbw is, I think it's safe to say it's a bit of a disappointment.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Awesome! posted:

something is obviously wrong, if it's still under warranty send it in. if not I would try opening it an fiddling with the battery cable to see if it became loose somehow.

Call Nintendo either way, they might be willing to repair it on the cheap/free even if it's out of warranty.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Getsuya posted:

Oh dear. I wonder what Nintendo is going to do with the butt-face monsters in Yokai Watch when they bring them over to America. I imagine they're probably just going to be cut from the game entirely. I know they've announced their intention to do so, but are they seriously bringing this game over? I imagine the delay is just meeting after meeting of Nintendo going 'And the monster that makes people need to go the bathroom, and the monster that has a butt for a face and is eternally farting, and the part where if you try to feed a fish-type monster fish they get angry and say 'I don't eat my friends'... yeah all of that needs to go'

Actually, those all seem like the sort of thing Nintendo is ok with. They tend to shy away from anything legitimately upsetting, but a monster that is a butt that farts constantly is just really really weird, which Nintendo is pretty ok with.

• Locked thread