Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

I'm sorry, I only read the first post and missed the second one. I was wondering if there was some e-shop poo poo to think about or whatever. Well, thanks for answering anyway.

Assuming it's the same in the UK as it is here in Australia (I don't see why it wouldn't be) the e-shop (using a US 3DS) won't accept non US credit cards/addresses, so you will need to buy US cash cards/e-shop cards to redeem. This isn't really that big of an issue though with them being available digitally from places like http://www.maximuscards.com where you receive the code to redeem instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

:argh: PAL

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

You win this round Reggie :argh:

Importing a NA XL from Amazon using a mail forwarder right now.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

jtm33 posted:

So I have a few questions. I am leaning towards that second option as the cheapest for me. The cheapest way I could get games on launch is the US eShop ($40 USD). The European store accepts foreign cards, does the US store? If not, is there a way to buy eShop value cards at face value with an Australian credit card?

The US store won't accept foreign cards, I've only just got mine but I bought two $20 cards from http://maximuscards.com (get the code instantly) which works out to $40 for $48 which is still $20+ cheaper than retail.

quote:

Any recommendation of an online store that ships to Australia cheaply and sells US games? I am familiar with Play-Asia, they sell games for ~$43AUD new, but they don't drop their prices often aside from their weekly/daily specials.

Amazon will ship games directly with about $15~ for shipping, the only other place I've seen talked about here is https://www.videogamesplus.ca/ who seem pretty good with $8 shipping (haven't tried them myself yet).

quote:

How much more should I expect to pay for a US XL over an original? I am fine with buying used as long as it is in fairly good condition.

The main problem is the shipping, videogameplus.ca were the only ones I found that would ship directly to Aus but at the cost of $70~ for shipping. I ended up using a mail forwarder (shipito) and getting it from Amazon which came out to about $240~ total, although it looks like the prices on the console have gone up again.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Nintendo Australia is the loving worst, get rid of it and just lump us in with Europe like you do with everything else.

Edit: Can you even buy new non XL 3DS's anymore ?

Sendo fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jun 7, 2013

• Locked thread