Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Pink Luigi is the bomb and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. :colbert:

While we're on the subject, I'm surprised there isn't a thread for Dark Moon yet. I'd try and make one if I could come up with a decent thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Does anyone know when Gamestop's getting more physical copies of Fire Emblem: Awakening shipped in? I tried getting a copy today, but I was told they didn't get any copies that weren't pre-ordered.

Or is there a better place I can go to find a copy?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Great, then looks like I'll be dropping money on a bigger SD card so I can afford the digital version's 8k+ blocks of space (but not before re-downloading my eShop stuff so I can redo them all over again) unless I get lucky and find it online somewhere.

How could NOA gently caress this up so badly? :psyduck:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Laser Spider posted:

You know you don't have to re-download everything from the eShop onto a fresh SD card, right? If you have even a single SD card reader then you could just copy everything off of your current card, mount the new card, then copy everything exactly as it was onto the new card. The 3DS will recognize it just fine.

I honestly did not know that.

Thanks for the tip, though! I'll have to look into it sometime.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Mobius posted:

I turned my Wii U on for the first time in ages today, too! :v:

I've always been curious about Fire Emblem, but have never played one. Might have to check that one out.

I'm seeing mixed opinions on the Paper Mario game and NSMB2, too. Any consensus on those now that they've been out a while?

If you're fine with playing New Super Mario Bros. games (like me), then you'll probably like NSMB2. I would much rather recommend NSMBU, though, since it's the best in the NSMB series by a longshot.

Sticker Star is far more similar to adventure games like Myst rather than a traditional Paper Mario experience; you'll have to figure out a majority of the game on your own since there are barely any tutorials. There's also the chance that you'll continuously pass over something that should be bleedingly obvious, since the game barely helps with that either. But if you want to try it and can get over trying to figure things out and dealing with the sticker system, then I'd say go for it, but don't be surprised if you end up not liking it.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Artix posted:

For those that are undeterred by the Japanese reviews/testimonials, Project X Zone has a release date of June 25th in NA.

One of my most anticipated 3DS titles is getting released on my birthday. This summer is going to rock!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I'm just glad Kid Icarus Uprising was finally able to break a million. Hopefully it means Nintendo will do more with the franchise and not just sit on it for another 20+ years (even without Sakurai at the helm).

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I guess I must be the only one here who ended up not as impressed with Bowser's Inside Story as I was with Superstar Saga. The combat system was great and I liked some of the characters and bonus challenges, but it was all bogged down by a bad antagonist and pointlessly dumb features (sneezing mini-game, the control scheme for the Mega Bowser segments), not to mention Starlow being a terrible character who's presence is constant and annoying. It's a better game than Partners in Time, sure, but I would recommend Superstar Saga way before recommending BIS.

Also it upsets me that Bowser is the most poorly written character in the game. I know he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but good lord he is a straight-up moron in this game and I hate it.

Dream Team looks really promising, though, and I love the design of Antasma.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Finally, I can experience the legendary Altered Beast on my 3DS.

That or I can just grab Sonic. Ecco and Shinobi III look neat too, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I ran through 9.0 with Artillery Claws that had either 5 1/2 or 6 stars in Ranged but zero stars in Melee. Forget exactly what modifiers I had for it if I had any at all, but having that much shooting power for probably the best Claws weapon in the game is too good to pass up.

• Locked thread