Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JesustheDarkLord posted:

The DS Lite takes a different adapter than the 3DS. I have both of them on my desk RIGHT NOW.

But the DSi XL has the same adapter as the 3DS XL as far as I can tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So what are the best local multiplayer/co-op/etc experiences on the 3DS? I'll be doing some travelling with someone else who has one, so looking for options.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm told Luigi's Mansion is a blast, although that's secondhand knowledge from me because I have yet to actually try it. Mario Kart's pretty fun too!

Ok, thanks, I'll check those out! Anyone have any other shining examples of local multiplayer/coop?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So after getting all those good answers about games, it appears I've lost my 3DS. :(

I can kiss all my street pass stuff and saves goodbye I guess. But has Nintendo ever gotten any better at restoring eshop stuff? Or still the same old lovely account system in place where everything was tied to just that device?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AngryCaterpillar posted:

No, they still don't have a real account system. Unless you believe it was stolen and you can provide a police report, it looks like all your stuff is gone. :(

That is such a huge bummer. :( This is my only piece of tech that is(was) like this. Anything else is cloud saved/universal account/etc. Why Nintendo?!?!?!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

ImpAtom posted:

Give them a call. Multiple people have reported Nintendo's customer service as being very helpful and restoring their stuff even in the event of something being lost. They have a record of the things you purchased via eshop and as long as all you're trying to do is get it activated on a new device they'll probably help out.

I'll definitely give it a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Spectacle Rock posted:

I've been to two Nintendo Zones with my 3DS so far and haven't gotten any "relayed Street Passes."

So, I guess the number of people who visit those places AND have a 3DS AND have the latest firmware is low.

Yeah, I hit up three of the local ones yesterday and no dice. It is a cool concept, but not sure it will ever make much of a difference in my area.

• Locked thread