Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Everyone please buy and play Theatrhythm forever and ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

homeless snail posted:

You should be bothered about Kid Icarus, its by far the best game on the 3DS (and to come out last year, period).

Actually, it's Theatrhythm.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bird & Beans is just Pyoro from WarioWare isnt it?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

coreycoryecorey posted:

Thanks for the heads up on the Newegg sale!

Also, are new 3DS games really $60 or was I on the wrong Amazon again?

New US 3DS games are $30-$40.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Please don't take away my yearly supermarket puzzle book + anime movie.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

PonchAxis posted:

I really enjoyed the first Layton, but its the only one I've played and I want to play the one on 3DS but I guess I have to play through the others to even understand the story?

No, you don't. There's recurring characters but it doesn't really matter.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

How does this keep happening? Are publishers forced to just describe their desired boxart to Nintendo over the phone and hope it turns out well?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

8-bit Miniboss posted:

NewEgg has got a coupon code that expires tomorrow for :10bux: off on Luigi's Mansion.

Edit: Luigi's Mansion only looks like.

The promo code EMCYTZT3040 has been closed and is no longer active.

Wow, it's even still on the page.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Raffles posted:

Is there a proper reason for Nintendo not releasing GBA games on the 3DS VC (not just the ambassador ones, but any GBA games)?

I've recently been collecting GBA games from eBay and the amount of great games for the system is huge. I'd definitely pick up some of the games that are really hard to find, and probably even some I already own. Maybe I'm overestimating how popular it would be but it seems like a sure fire money spinner.

Also is it possible, if only from a technical standpoint, for N64 games to be emulated (or ported however it works) on the 3DS VC?

GBA: Because their emulator isn't as feature complete as they want it to be.
N64: Probably! Controls would be weird.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Pope Guilty posted:

The Ocarina of Time controls use hotspots on the touch screen to substitute for a few buttons, which is more awkward than it sounds sometimes.

Yeah, basically they would have to figure out the best control replacement for every single game separately.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

homeless snail posted:

Kid Icarus was the greatest game of 2012, period.

It's no Theatrhythm...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Artix posted:

HarmoKnight reminds me of a mix between Rhythm Thief and Bit.Trip Runner. I'm not sure if it's $15 good from the demo, but I'd definitely pick it up for $10.

Is it really going to be $15?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

fifty million edits and I didn't notice dude's post right above me, oops

Thanks for the direct link to Adventure Time, at least. :)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Arthe Xavier posted:

I decided to upgrade to the XL, and man, I wasn't ready to be blown away by the size-difference of the screens. Yet here I am, blown away. There is absolutely no reason to hold on to the old 3DS.

I'm doing a system transfer as we speak, and the transfer-screen sure is cute.

After a few days, your old 3DS will look like a keychain toy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Barudak posted:

Everytime I read people post about it sounds great but am I really missing something or is there no way to keep the camera automatically tracking your target on the 3DS version?

You want to attack different parts of the monster's body so complete lock-on would be a big hindrance. Also, sometheres there's multiple targets. Once you see the monster, on the touch screen should be an icon of it with a target on top. Touch that and then you tap the L button to snap the camera to it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sexy wheely posted:

Can one of you gamers tell me how this "urban champion" game is, i have like a Million freaking nintendo points but this "lol" in your post makes me suspicious :shrug:

Urban Champion is a bad game. It was considered bad when it was new.

I bought it last time they had it on Club Nintendo because I love it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'd never heard of this either. It's like staring into a parallel universe's version of Metroid: Other M. And I suspect it would've been the better of the two.

I'm pretty sure in this universe, right now, it's already the better game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

SassyRobot posted:

Do all North American 3DS games come with registration codes? It'd be impressive considering how spotty codes used to be with the DS... but then you'd have to admit to playing Funky Barn and Monster Hunter on the same system... :3:

It's not 100% but it seems to be growing.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I thought the 3D was a dumb gimmick until I actually got a 3DS.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

King of the Karp posted:

Does the Club Nintendo thing ever offer better 3DS rewards? Right now neither of the games they have up are very appealing, so I guess I should just hold onto whatever coins I get from my purchases. Still, I guess something is better than nothing. I wish that Super Metroid was a 3DS reward, I would pick that up in a heartbeat...

It varies, I would say the two games on there now are the normal store value, just not the best games. One Game Boy game and one DSi or cheaper 3DS game is a normal set.

Like they've already had all of the 3D Classics except Kirby. They've had popular DSi game Pictobits. They've had Metroid 2 and Mario's Picross.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Huxley posted:

Ah, I had to google Ambassador. I vaguely remember that being a thing to make up for the early price-drop, but it had been a while. I was just looking at the wiki of 3DS VC games and it didn't make a big point of saying they weren't currently for sale.

Is Pinball Land better than ... shoelaces?

How loose are your shoes?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Huxley posted:

This was a good answer. I liked it a lot.

And yeah, given my current options I would be madder about using them and something good coming up than not using them and letting them expire if I somehow forget about them while I wait.

It takes 3 or 4 years for them to expire so it's not a big worry.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I bought Monster Hunter 3U from the Capcom store and it got to me 4 days before the actual release day.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Theathythm is a extremely solid rhythm game no matter if you already know the music or not. It's one of the very best games on the 3DS.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Nintendo just doesn't want to do more because it's a ton of work to basically recreate an entire game just to add a gimmick that, even if it's cool, didn't affect sales much beyond just selling a VC version would.

I'm sure they don't care if other companies want to do it at their own cost.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Minidust posted:

Thoughts on 3DS fighting games?

Don't buy fighting games on portables ever.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Cheesegod posted:

Why isn't the animal crossing bundle on Amazon yet? Or is it and I'm just missing it. I want to preorder it!

Amazon and Nintendo hate each other right now and you'll be better off ordering from somewhere else.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Nintendo games often have preorder discounts at sites like Newegg, so you can get them $10 off.

I don't normally like to preorder but 25% off a new release game that we already have good word on from a previous Japanese release, on titles that hardly ever budge on price, is a pretty good deal.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Best Buy has also been having unadvertised sales, like Layton 3DS for $15 and Paper Mario for $20.

Still, I doubt you will see anyone dropping price on Mario 3D Land or New Mario 2. Both of those games are going to be top sellers for the entire life of the system.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Barudak posted:

Dude, the plot involves both time travel and alternate dimensions in addition to God-Slaying. It is a JRPG story.

Some people define games by their gameplay, not their plots.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Genpei Turtle posted:

Unless things have changed this particular discussion might not be suited for the MH thread--at least in the past, people have been weirdly defensive of the older control style. (you know, the insane one where you use your thumb and index finger at the same time to manipulate the camera and move) Prevailing attitude was "the camera and controls are fine, you just suck :smug:" and "OMG IF THEY EVER INTRODUCED A LOCK-ON CAMERA IT WOULD RUIN THE GAME!" I've never quite gotten why it was such a touchy subject--though I can manage the old style (well, my arthritic old-man hands can't) I'd never call it good, at least not enough to get argumentative about.

It's so weird that people who like playing a game enjoy the way it plays.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Does anything in Mario 3D land note which levels you've beat as Luigi? Because they want you to do both for all levels right?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I see the gold flag one but no Mario/Luigi indication.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Mennonites Revenge posted:

I think it only appears after beating all the special worlds or maybe getting all the star coins?

Oh cool, thanks.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I might be wrong but I think even the small 3DS models no longer include the cradle.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I'm a child and I love Mario. Please Yeah my posts on Miiverse.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

JazzFlight posted:

Just taking a guess here, but...

Visual novel mahjong dating-sim pachinko panty-toucher?

Where can I preorder?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Ularg posted:

Do Club Nintendo codes work if the game and code were used by someone else? I bought three used games at Best Buy and all their codes worked. It'd also be good to note if it does so I can hold onto them if I ever trade em in.

They can only be used once, you got lucky.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Travis343 posted:

e: F-Zero is definitely below Metroid but that's the only Nintendo franchise I can think of that gets less attention.

You just made me realize that, at this moment, Kid Icarus is more important to Nintendo than Metroid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Do any American stores have Animal Crossing preorder bonuses?

• Locked thread