Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Pureauthor posted:

Etrian Odyssey is gonna be so good when it comes out.

So. Good.

Between Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey February is a good month for 3DS owners who enjoy punishingly hard RPGs. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

BadAstronaut posted:

5. Is Zelda on 3DS better than the N64 version in any way (ie, improved in any way or straight port? Isn't the 3DS' resolution lower than the N64's?)

Judge for yourself.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I hadn't even heard of that until just now.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Well Cheap rear end Bitch you are in for a treat because the DS itself has some amazing titles.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Zurai posted:

There's a chance that the game is sold out on preorders. You may not be able to waltz into Wal-Mart tomorrow and buy the game.

Plus the fact that the games are tied to the system instead of an account weirds me out. Can you back them up on your computer or something?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Artix74 posted:

You can back up the contents of the SD card at any time. Just copy everything onto the computer, and if you want to switch to a bigger SD card or something, just take all the stuff you backed up and copy it onto the new card. As long as it goes in the same 3DS, it'll act like nothing happened.

The SAME 3DS, though? If I lose my 3DS or it gets stolen or whatever I can't just move the backed up purchased digital games, right?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

homeless snail posted:

Everything is locked to your hardware. If anything happens to that piece of hardware you are totally SOL.

Right, that's what I thought.

UUUUUUUGH, Nintendo. Ugh.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

How do I check how much blocks my card has? The FE:A thread said that the digital version of the game is 8500ish. I'm pretty sure though that I don't have enough, since I still have the 2 gig card it came with.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

Unless you've downloaded literally nothing you won't have enough - the game is 1.5 gigs. You can check to make sure by going to system settings and selecting Data Management, but if you want to download it your best bet is buying a bigger SD card.

Yeah I figured. Bah! What kind of SD card is recommended? I'm just gonna buy something at Best Buy or something since I don't want to wait for something to ship from Newegg or whatever.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Len posted:

They also price match Amazon and Newegg.

That I did not know. That is good.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Saoshyant posted:

It's a tactical RPG series completely focused on the sport. A good one, in fact.

It is rather anime, though.

'rather' anime, he says. :stare:

Are they all wizards or something?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Great, then looks like I'll be dropping money on a bigger SD card so I can afford the digital version's 8k+ blocks of space (but not before re-downloading my eShop stuff so I can redo them all over again)

You know you can transfer stuff from the SD to your computer and then back to the new card when it's in, right?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Yay I'm helping!

I was in the same boat as that dude too because my 2 gig SD card was full of stuff. Bought a new card, transferred the stuff, and it's worked fine. I think I actually prefer Fire Emblem downloaded instead of the physical version, so I can keep something else in the 3DS. Hell, I'll probably get EO4 fromt the eShop too.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Flame112 posted:

I'm picturing this, except with dicks:

That is full of dicks, though. :confused:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

This is probably the coolest customisation I've seen so far:

Holy poo poo I recognized that right away since I'm playing through it right now.
Literally the first time I've ever had an interest in Animal Crossing.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

sexy wheely posted:

Yall listen up the monster hunter demo is real bad and you shouldnt let that keep you from trying the real game. The demo is only good for people who have played monster hunter games before and know what to do and thats real bad of capcom to not make a real demo instead of just using an old tgs demo from 2011.

It's a hugely rear end in a top hat move of Capcom to have one of the two monsters be Plesioth. :argh:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

CaptainPoopsock posted:

Is Fire Emblem still stupidly hard to find in stores? I've been looking around with no luck! I do not buy digital games - what are my options for acquiring a physical copy?

Waiting. Or ordering online.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

The Iron Rose posted:

This is the best thing I want to play a game as Dark Phoenix!

Trials go so much better when you can... take care of the pesky opposing counsel.

Dark Phoenix Wright game would be like playing as Manfred von Karma. Just go around and taser opposing council.

Zeether posted:

Level-5 hasn't said anything about us getting Layton vs. Wright here for a while. There was some interview with one of their guys on VG247 here where he said it would come out in the US and Europe this year but Level-5 then stated when Kotaku contacted them that there are no current release plans.

UGHHH GODDAMMIT NO

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I was at the Asian Culture Festival down here and I got a grand total of one Streetpass hit. What the eff.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

And cheaper? What the eff.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

punchdaily posted:

My fiancee dragged me to a furry convention and I got 35 in less than an hour.

Sounds like a keeper!!

Pottsdam posted:

I have nothing against dungeon crawlers, but I loved Ghost Recon and I want some more of that so Fire Emblem it is!

You made a good choice. Ghost Recon wasn't bad but man you are in for a treat with Fire Emblem, it's an upgrade in every way. I don't know how experienced you are with SRPGs but FE:A is great because you can choose both the difficulty and if you want permadeath or not. So you could be playing on the hardest difficulty but not have characters die forever when you lose them, or play on Easy but still lose a dude if you manage to get them killed. It's pretty great all around.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The European version of Luigi's Mansion 2 has a glow-in-the-dark cover, neat:

poo poo's out in a week or two, someone should probably start a thread for it.

Booooo! Why don't we in the US get this?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Saoshyant posted:

Clash of Elementalists, some Japanese DSiWare game, is confirmed for a Western release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiDJ1dfUsvg

Announcement below:

Looks sort of Kid Icarus-lite or a non-mecha Virtual On.

Seems kind of neat but local multiplayer only means I'll never be able to play against another human being. :negative:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Mega Man X needed a gritty reboot as much as Bomberman did.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Len posted:

It looks slightly less bad than that Animal Crossing one people in the thread are gushing over.

Oh thank goodness, I thought it was just me. Maybe it's because I don't play Animal Crossing, but it looks hideous. Like someone dropped a bunch of Jujubees on a white 3DS.

Actually no, on second thought, it's not because I don't play Animal Crossing. It is just hideous.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

Dunno, but sometimes we get entirely different translations that are bland and worse than the American equivalent, too (Advance Wars: Days of Ruin)!

Not to worry, our Advance Wars: Days of Ruin in the States was just as bland and worse as the previous AWDS games!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

8-bit Miniboss posted:

A look into a future we will never see. :negative:

http://tinycartridge.com/post/48864588840/poke-ball-and-game-boy-themed-3ds-mock-ups-just

I really want the Game Boy one...

Me too. The Pokemon one is about fifty times better than the Pikanipples 3DS, too. Goddamn.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

The Phoenix Wright games did fairly well, I thought.

Digital only is...ehhhh. I'm not gonna boycott the game or anything, but I'm really not happy about that.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Maybe if AA5 does well we'll get it. :unsmith:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

It's patterned after a couch my great-grandmother had. What an absolute shame we're not getting it.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Geirskogul posted:

Rainbow road blows, browser's castle for life

Rainbow Road owns. I wish there was a Special Cup that was nothing but every single Rainbow Road track, one after the other.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Do retail 3DS games drop in price on the Eshop?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Dehry posted:

Cossposting from the EO and eShop threads:

Etrian Odyssey IV is $29.99 on the US eShop now Through 6/10.

ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME
I just bought it this morning for $39.99

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Did you register it with the club?

I got it on the Eshop.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

absolutely anything posted:

If it's any consolation it's totally worth $40

It's no consolation at all. :I I am really irrationally angry over $10.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Gutcruncher posted:

Holy crap youre right. I cant believe that ISNT Kotaku.

However, I can totally believe it IS Destructoid.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Man, cannot wait for the 30th. Oracle of Seasons/Ages. :getin:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Crappy Jack posted:

Somebody mentioned Ghost Trick, and I am therefore bound by duty to reiterate that the plot is indeed absolutely fantastic. People who say a game can't make you cry ain't played Ghost Trick. The characters are lovable, the mystery is engrossing and entertaining with plenty of twists and turns, and the music is top-notch. Just an incredible game.

You forgot to mention the fact that it has the best dogge in perhaps all of videogamedom. :3:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Mattavist posted:

Who uses a shield in LA?

Sword/Roc's Feather 4 lyfe, yo.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Who cares about Metroid use the Fire Emblem Awakening engine to make a new advance wars!!

God yes.

But don't set it in the stupid Days of Ruin world. I couldn't play it for more than an hour. Terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

What is the best third party battery replacement thing for the original 3DS? There seems to be a few different companies making them. Etrian Odyssey IV is burning through my battery life like mad. Dumb 3D that's actually pretty good and music that I want to listen to. :argh:

• Locked thread