Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rumspringa57
May 7, 2007

FairGame posted:

Mexican isn't much of a secret since they've both been around forever, but Lauriol (Dupont/Adams Morgan area; kinda douchy)

I haven't found a good pizza joint, and I've lived here for years.

I'm going to have to disagree strongly withe the Lauriol recommendation. Supremely douchy and loud environment, mediocre boring bland tex/mex style food that's passable at best, and the worst margarita I've ever had. And the 'rita was ~$15 for a nasty sour mix concoction with hardly any tequila in it :barf:.

As for pizza it took me a while but Pete's Apizza is pretty good and it's the best I've had in the area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rumspringa57
May 7, 2007
It's a bit of a hike from downtown DC, but my favorite restaurant in the area is Cuba De Ayer in Burtonsville MD. Great mojitos too.

rumspringa57 fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 11, 2013

rumspringa57
May 7, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I live across the street from the Whole Foods, and coming from a rural shithole it's still mindblowing to me. Except for the meat, the prices are about on par with Safeway too, which is nice. One thing I can't find though is an italian market. Does anyone know of any in the area, or am I out of luck unless I head east?

I like Vace in Cleveland park.
http://www.vaceitaliandeli.com/

It's a fairly small place and they can be a bit surly, but they have good stuff at fair prices. Strangely they put the sauce on top of the cheese with their pizza.

rumspringa57
May 7, 2007

Soricidus posted:

I know it's a bit of a ways outside DC, but does anyone know of anything worth eating in the Columbia area? I'm going to be stopping over there soon and I'm hoping I won't have to drive too far for decent food, but it looks kinda chain-heavy.

My favorite restaurant in the area is Cuba De Ayer (http://www.cubadeayerrestaurant.net/) in Burtonsville on 198.

• Locked thread