Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angrykraut
Jul 23, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Holy crap! There are other goons in Southern MD? I haven't been to the Royal Tea Room myself, although my wife likes it.

Any other places you recommend? We've been to most of the places in the Waldorf/La Plata area. Also if you haven't been to the Blue Dog Saloon I would give it a shot.

I was really surprised to see SoMD goons. I third both the blue dog and casey jones/the crossing. My understanding is the chef at Blue Dog came from Casey Jones. I went to Blue Dog a few months back and had snakehead fish, which really surprised me.

I enjoy the Port Tobacco Marina restaurant. It's a crab house atmosphere, but I think the food is a cut above. I also like Ouzo's and the Prime Street Grill.

Anyone heard anything about the new place that opened behind Colonial Liquors/the Roy Rogers, where the Town Mouse used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrykraut
Jul 23, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I was there for lunch a few weeks ago. It's like a bistro with a bar. Food was great, at least for lunch. I would go again.

For the life of me I can't remember the name.

I had to drive by to remember, it's Red Oak Bistro.

Angrykraut
Jul 23, 2004

DARPA Dad posted:

Yeah I tried looking around on Yelp and couldn't find anything. Might end up having to stop in Old Town on the way home, then.

I've heard elevation burger is good. Everything else there is geared towards single visits for convention goers, it's pretty lackluster. I think you're better off in Old Town.

Angrykraut
Jul 23, 2004

Soricidus posted:

I know it's a bit of a ways outside DC, but does anyone know of anything worth eating in the Columbia area? I'm going to be stopping over there soon and I'm hoping I won't have to drive too far for decent food, but it looks kinda chain-heavy.

This is in Sykesville, not Columbia, but I enjoyed my visit there. http://www.baldwinsstation.com/

• Locked thread