Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it was getting bad enough that if I ever clicked inside the window while it was loading Windows would come up with the "This program is no longer responding message". Problem was that once that window showed, even if i waited 5+ minutes the game would never load.

It's too bad because the idea of several big overhaul mods sounded very interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Khanstant posted:

I can't accept that, acknowledging that would mean invalidating thousands of button presses I did manually over the years.

The first time I played I thought the only thing upgrading the watering can did was reduce energy cost and make it hold more water

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Just finished building Penny and Pam's house, picking the option telling Pam to be nicer to Penny, and decided to go into their home to check it out...

...Triggering an even where Penny's cleaning the house, and Pam comes in furious because everything got tidied away. Way to keep your promise, Pam! You didn't even last five minutes! :colbert:

(Also the event's clearly meant to be on the trailer map, because Pam just pops into existence in the middle of the kitchen area :allears:).

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Sometimes it's weird when you trigger events. My favorite is when you trigger your spouse's 10-Heart event after you marry them.

Speaking of 10-Heart events:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JSdW4uLllg

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Badger of Basra posted:

The first time I played I thought the only thing upgrading the watering can did was reduce energy cost and make it hold more water

same

I didn't learn otherwise until my second or third playthrough

whoops

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Caroline sure has some special "tea", huh?

:lsd:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I just lost the fishing contest for the first time ever

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Need to find some new mods. Me and my wife are looking to start fresh.

We did a SVE run last. Any way to augment it or anything else like it?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I accidentally put down a very explosive egg in the middle of new well-equipped dairy overflow shed instead of a regular egg into one mayo machine among many :gibs:.

Had to restart the day in shame on that one :cripes:.

It's also amazing how the game makes you want to expand. I just wanted A barn and A coop, but then I got Shane's chickens so I HAD to get second coop just for those. And now with the Island I'm spending days away at a time, so I've made an over-equipped Big Shed so I can just go through them all when I return and process everything at once.

And of course I'll need a second Barn for Ostriches...

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Caroline sure has some special "tea", huh?

:lsd:

You stay away from the future Mrs Farmer and our grow op.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

chaleski posted:

I just lost the fishing contest for the first time ever

I've been there. Getting perfect catches actually costs too much time and if you get all perfects you lose. Ironically you need to be almost perfect at fishing to win the fishing contest.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guildenstern Mother posted:

You stay away from the future Mrs Farmer and our grow op.

You're having an affair with Pierre's wife?! :eyepop:

I assume she needs her Special Tea just to get through another day of being married to Pierre, tbh.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Zesty posted:

Need to find some new mods. Me and my wife are looking to start fresh.

We did a SVE run last. Any way to augment it or anything else like it?

My (content) mod list:

Love of Cooking - Adds dedicated cooking skill, new recipes, upgradable frying pan, with an addon for new CC bundles
Animal Husbandry - Adds meat, meat recipes, animal breeding, new TV channel, animal contest, lets you give your animals treats
Packing Boxes and Crates - Lets you spend extra time/resources to bundle identical items for bonus profit, multipliers can get crazy lategame
Walk of Life - Revamps skills/levels, adds better and more interesting professions, lets you prestige. Recommend also authors ring, fish pond, and QOL addons
Strange Machines - Adds all kinds of vanilla-like machines, items and mechanics
Public access - Adds new TV channels and heart events to get them - they just give you an ingame way to see stuff like train schedule or infested mine levels or which garbage cans might have loot
Fishing Trawler - Adds an opportunity for a weekly minigame event where you balance keeping an old boat afloat while trying to make sure you still get fish.
Advanced Casks - Lets you make super/ultra casks for much more expense that work much faster
Arcane Table - Lets you slowly duplicate mob loot, nice for the weirder stuff like dragon teeth
Stardew Aquarium - Lets you build a huge collection of every fish in the game, including some mod support

Other than Expanded, there's also a bunch of content addons that I haven't done a full playthrough with like Ridgeside, East Scarp, Walk to the Desert, Downtown Zuzu, Adventurer's Guild Expanded or Moon Misadventures. Ridgeside seemed huge and full of content but definitely shouldn't be open until year 2 or something, it's overwhelming having double the normal number of villagers day 1. East Scarp seems empty, it's meant for addons it looks like but none of them look very good to me. Walk to the desert shows its age and doesn't add much, Moon Misadventures is unfinished and janky but cool, Adventurer's Guild seems interesting but it's newish and I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Zuzu is loving massive and filled with those fake NPCs with one line you can't gain hearts with, I'm not sure why it's so loving huge when there's so little to actually do.

My personal favorite, all these years later, is still the one that makes it so you can actually loving see digspots

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

My (content) mod list:

Love of Cooking - Adds dedicated cooking skill, new recipes, upgradable frying pan, with an addon for new CC bundles
Animal Husbandry - Adds meat, meat recipes, animal breeding, new TV channel, animal contest, lets you give your animals treats
Packing Boxes and Crates - Lets you spend extra time/resources to bundle identical items for bonus profit, multipliers can get crazy lategame
Walk of Life - Revamps skills/levels, adds better and more interesting professions, lets you prestige. Recommend also authors ring, fish pond, and QOL addons
Strange Machines - Adds all kinds of vanilla-like machines, items and mechanics
Public access - Adds new TV channels and heart events to get them - they just give you an ingame way to see stuff like train schedule or infested mine levels or which garbage cans might have loot
Fishing Trawler - Adds an opportunity for a weekly minigame event where you balance keeping an old boat afloat while trying to make sure you still get fish.
Advanced Casks - Lets you make super/ultra casks for much more expense that work much faster
Arcane Table - Lets you slowly duplicate mob loot, nice for the weirder stuff like dragon teeth
Stardew Aquarium - Lets you build a huge collection of every fish in the game, including some mod support

Other than Expanded, there's also a bunch of content addons that I haven't done a full playthrough with like Ridgeside, East Scarp, Walk to the Desert, Downtown Zuzu, Adventurer's Guild Expanded or Moon Misadventures. Ridgeside seemed huge and full of content but definitely shouldn't be open until year 2 or something, it's overwhelming having double the normal number of villagers day 1. East Scarp seems empty, it's meant for addons it looks like but none of them look very good to me. Walk to the desert shows its age and doesn't add much, Moon Misadventures is unfinished and janky but cool, Adventurer's Guild seems interesting but it's newish and I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Zuzu is loving massive and filled with those fake NPCs with one line you can't gain hearts with, I'm not sure why it's so loving huge when there's so little to actually do.

My personal favorite, all these years later, is still the one that makes it so you can actually loving see digspots

These are all excellent, and yeah I pretty much agree in regards to Ridgeside/East Scarpe and that stuff. SVE is the only must-have "big" expansion mod for me. Similarly I don't really add many NPC mods, none have really caught my eye, and they often stand out like a sore thumb. the SVE ones are integrated pretty well.

I still can't bring myself to use Animal Husbandry. I'm not a vegan in real life, but for some reason the idea of raising animals in SV and then killing them to sell their meat just feels off. Fishing Trawler is a great little minigame, and a good way to make some money early in your career.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Pththya-lyi posted:

Sometimes it's weird when you trigger events. My favorite is when you trigger your spouse's 10-Heart event after you marry them.

My favorite is forgetting to ever visit Elliot's cabin until he's at 8 hearts, and having all the events fire at once, ending on him asking you what kind of books you're into and inviting you to the reception for his finished book the very next morning.

Dude doesn't do a lot, but he sure can write fast.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're having an affair with Pierre's wife?! :eyepop:

I assume she needs her Special Tea just to get through another day of being married to Pierre, tbh.

Everyone wants to save Penny but I'm here to save Caroline.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Everyone wants to save Penny but I'm here to save Caroline.

She doesn't need saving, she'll probably just poison Pierre with something from her private greenhouse with a polite smile and zero guilt. Everyone will simply lament Pierre having an apparent heart attack or stroke from overwork.

tinned owl
Oct 5, 2021
My time at Portia is on sale on Steam if you were waiting like me

cvetka
Feb 27, 2011
Does anyone have a mod that lets you see the dang truffles hiding in the grass? Fall grass in particular is a pain.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Pierre is too oblivious and busy working to notice his wife, and I'm sure Caroline is more than happy with that arrangement.

A shame she doesn't spend more time in the forest.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The Wizard can teleport.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Freaksaus posted:

I was trying this over the weekend and I ended up turning off Ridgeside and East Scarp because the long list of mods just made the entire thing slow as balls. The load menu would take forever to come up, trying to load the start/load the game would take about 1-2 minutes and even going to the next day would end up with long waiting times.

Are you having any of this? I did add a few QOL mods and some that added a bunch of new crops, recipes and a much harder community center but I doubt those had that much of an impact.

Late reply, but the only really long loading time I was having was the initial boot and loading the save game. (Which apparently is at least partially caused by PyTK not having an update)
Other than that I didn't have any big issues.

Oh, and my mod list is over a hundred items long. It's getting pretty stupid.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Found a mod so I can finally marry Morris. He's being crushed by capitalism too! I will redeem him.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Cyflan posted:

Oh, and my mod list is over a hundred items long. It's getting pretty stupid.
That's almost elderscrolls levels. :stare:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I wonder what Morris' personality was before he decided to recraft himself into the perfect corporate drone. What was his favorite food? Did he have hobbies? What kind of movies did he like? When he was a child, what did he dream of doing when he grew up?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
morrises are grown in large Joja Cola vats hidden deep in corporate headquarters

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

World Famous W posted:

morrises are grown in large Joja Cola vats hidden deep in corporate headquarters

Don't be ridiculous. Why pay the expense of growing Morrises when they'll volunteer for only a few cents an hour more than your other wage slaves?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
When Morrises mate, they store their eggs in Joja Cola cans and throw them into bodies of water until they hatch into new Morrises.

Never drink Joja Cola you fish out of the water.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Mega64 posted:

When Morrises mate, they store their eggs in Joja Cola cans and throw them into bodies of water until they hatch into new Morrises.

Never drink Joja Cola you fish out of the water.

Duh, you give them to Sam

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Uggghh, all I need to finish off the Archaeology sets is three pieces, and they're all screwing me with the RNG;

A Snake Vertebrae (Worms just will NOT sprout on the west-side of Ginger Island :argh:)
The animal's head (Clint is loving me over with Golden Coconut contents :argh:)
The animal's tail (Panning spots? What panning spots? :argh:)

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

A Snake Vertebrae (Worms just will NOT sprout on the west-side of Ginger Island :argh:)

I think clearing mussels creates more tiles where the dig spots can spawn.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The animal's head (Clint is loving me over with Golden Coconut contents :argh:)

If you're using the automate mod, chests collect coconuts (and seeds from other trees) automatically.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The animal's tail (Panning spots? What panning spots? :argh:)

There's a stream directly to the left of where you turn in your artifacts on the island.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Morris is my last name and I'm gonna marry him into my family so he's called Morris Morris

We will drive a Morris Marina and go Morris dancing

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I think clearing mussels creates more tiles where the dig spots can spawn.

If you're using the automate mod, chests collect coconuts (and seeds from other trees) automatically.

There's a stream directly to the left of where you turn in your artifacts on the island.

I'm playing on the Switch version (got suckered in with the game trial and went full-version within a day :shepspends:), and I know where the Panning spots can spawn, they just never do. I've seen all of a handful over multiple in-game weeks.

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm playing on the Switch version (got suckered in with the game trial and went full-version within a day :shepspends:), and I know where the Panning spots can spawn, they just never do. I've seen all of a handful over multiple in-game weeks.

They despawn after a while and more reappear. Did you try just waiting in one place? I committed a day to just waiting at the dig site and got the snake tail before noon.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yak Shaves Dot Com posted:

They despawn after a while and more reappear. Did you try just waiting in one place? I committed a day to just waiting at the dig site and got the snake tail before noon.

Yeah, I might just have to try that I think.

On the plus side, I've got most of the Warp Obelisks now. Just got to clone more Earth Crystals and I'll have the Mountain one to complete the set. :rice:

I also need like 400,000g but, well, I have a Greenhouse full of Ancient Fruit and a Big Shed of Kegs seeing to that minor problem :v:. I'm also fairly certain my Cellar should be paying off literally any day now with Starfruit Wine...

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You can wear the pan on your head like a hat to save space while you're searching for it. They definitely do spawn and respawn pretty frequently throughout the day so you won't have to wait too long.

For the vertebrae they spawn on both farmland and beach tiles in the west, so it's good to try and get them before you fill out the entire island with crops. I was all ready to come in and say it was farmland only and then I just found my last one on the beach. Good luck in your hunt!

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Poque posted:

You can wear the pan on your head like a hat to save space while you're searching for it.

you can WHAT

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Holy poo poo, how long has that been a thing?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

For the snake vertebrae it helps if you enchant your hoe at the forge until you get the archaeologist enchantment. But it could take a bunch ultra rare prismatic shards if you’re not lucky…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Is anyone following the mobile 1.5 status? On the App Store Stardew still shows up as 1.4.something, and the old articles I can find state (1) ConcernedApe has not given up hope of releasing it, but (2) there are no set plans yet.