Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chaleski posted:

you can WHAT

Try putting a staircase in your pants slot sometime. Yes, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Grundulum posted:

Is anyone following the mobile 1.5 status? On the App Store Stardew still shows up as 1.4.something, and the old articles I can find state (1) ConcernedApe has not given up hope of releasing it, but (2) there are no set plans yet.

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1554510489849593856

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

:lol: Thanks. Does he tweet that out every day, or did I happen to time the question exquisitely?

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Grundulum posted:

:lol: Thanks. Does he tweet that out every day, or did I happen to time the question exquisitely?

Timing. He's been trying to get various groups to help work on the mobile update for years and twice now it's failed thus the delays. Supposedly this time things are going much smoother.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I need to raise my friendship with Clint to get some bean recipe he has at 7 hearts for the Trash Bear quest.

He went BYOB…

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Cartoon Man posted:

I need to raise my friendship with Clint to get some bean recipe he has at 7 hearts for the Trash Bear quest.

He went BYOB…

If you are a lady he suggests you can rest your head on his shoulder, even if you are married

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

“You want some popcorn? Reach over here and grab some!”

“Clint, why is the popcorn bag conspicuously placed overtop your crotch?”

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It says a lot about Clint that he's a bachelor, but not a Bachelor.

Even the Farmer wants nothing to do with him personally.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pththya-lyi posted:

If you are a lady he suggests you can rest your head on his shoulder, even if you are married

YIKES

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

A possible future MMO stardew-like (Palia) is asking people to provide kind stock phrases: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfVbv6nfdwq_3mm0Xu-uCC2ENs-FyvfJNOymE1LLlP3iRMkow/viewform

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Even if you don't end up submitting anything, that's a fun exercise that just makes you feel good.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Grundulum posted:

Is anyone following the mobile 1.5 status? On the App Store Stardew still shows up as 1.4.something, and the old articles I can find state (1) ConcernedApe has not given up hope of releasing it, but (2) there are no set plans yet.

Just posted on Tuesday:

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1554510489849593856

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
just gonna leave this here

https://twitter.com/sleepydisease/status/1559956605726298112

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1561465735548784640?s=20&t=PTmWU15AwL7YLSgk_rv0Zg

Goty

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Good for the guy making the games he wants, but boy howdy. "People sure enjoyed Stardew for the farming sim and less for the combat. What if my next game looks the same, but cuts the farming sim and adds more combat?"

I hope it's good and fun. I really like his work. Buuuut that's pretty concerning.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 22, 2022

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I don't mind. Whatever he does will be good

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I don’t really care either way. If it is good I will play it and have fun. If it’s is bad I will simply not play it the exact same thing i am doing right now.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
That song is very good is what I was trying to get at

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

drat right it is.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Big fan of bees. Big fan of bee music.

tinned owl
Oct 5, 2021

Zesty posted:

Good for the guy making the games he wants, but boy howdy. "People sure enjoyed Stardew for the farming sim and less for the combat. What if my next game looks the same, but cuts the farming sim and adds more combat?"

I hope it's good and fun. I really like his work. Buuuut that's pretty concerning.

People enjoy SDV for many things, there are people who enjoy the combat and can't give a poo poo about the farming, I'm sure they'll love this more.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't for a single second believe there's people out there who like the combat more than anything else

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
Maybe because people enjoyed the combat less, he wants to try improve in that area 🤷‍♂️ maybe bee fight game will mean a future stardew with better fighting

Sadly at the moment fighting in stardew later game seems impossible on split screen on the switch, as well as the stuttering getting really bad there seems to be a lot of input lag for player 2.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

We knew when it was first announced that HC was going to be more dungeon/fighting-focused. The general hope was that by making it a bigger part of the game Ape was going to work on giving it better mechanics. If he's to the point of making bosses I'd say that's pretty likely.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
There's definitely a big shift in focus, away from farming, which seems to be missing entirely as far as I can tell, towards crafting in this big city setting. And combat apparently will be (one of?) the main way(s) to gather ingredients. It's very obviously not Stardew Valley 2, but that's not a bad thing imho.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m glad it’s not Stardew 2 cause Stardew 1 is still so amazing that I’m not sure what a direct sequel would bring/innovate over what he’s already done. It would probably turn out like Subnautica Below Zero, more of the same, some new things to play with, still fun as hell, but in the end just more of the same.

HC sounds amazing with the concept and I’m looking forward to seeing if he can pull it off.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Aug 22, 2022

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
It's not like he even needs to make another Stardew game. He's still making the first one! I doubt he'll ever really stop tinkering with it and that's wonderful for us.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

I'd play the hell out of Stardew with new characters/setting, but that'd probably wind up being a little disappointing. Like the HM/SOS games changing mechanics to justify a new game and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I'd rather see something different like CA's take on like the Racettear/Atelier genre.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I am one of the people who likes the combat in Stardew more than the farming.

tinned owl
Oct 5, 2021
Stardew valley, focus: farming
Haunted chocolatier, combat improved, focus: crafting
Unknown 3rd game, combat perfected, focus: dating

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

tinned owl posted:

Guns N' Roses

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"

tinned owl posted:

Stardew valley, focus: farming
Haunted chocolatier, combat improved, focus: crafting

stardew-style full dating sim would be so awesome actually

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
ugh it is called haunted chocolatier because I am haunted by the idea of living in an old populated with friendly ghosts who assist in the processing of resources gathered in your private narnia and it isn't out yet or probably anytime soon

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
I am also haunted by the idea of living in an old

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Lord Awkward posted:

Guns N' Roses

Id loving play it

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

Spring 2 year 2 (to allow for a day of cleaning up the winter nonsense). So far it's going really well, this feels like the furthest I've advanced a farm in just a year. Community center was done on winter 1 and I've fixed up Willy's boat but I still haven't set foot on the island. Seems like a year 2 thing anyway.

Animal counts:
White chicken: 3
Brown chicken: 3
Blue chicken: 0 (Shane is at ten hearts, just need a rainy day to advance his events and also get a mermaid pendant)
Void chicken: 12
Gold chicken: lol
Rabbit: 4
Duck: 4
Dinosaur: 5

White cow: 2
Brown cow: 2
Goat: 4
Sheep: 4
Pig: 5
Ostrich: 0

Up to Spring 3 year 3 to allow for cleaning up debris and get my grass fields going before they're immediately destroyed by my current...146 animals. I'm done building coops and barns, and I'm maxed out on every animal except ostriches (currently have 2) and gold chickens, since I haven't hit perfection. Perfection is slow, since the remaining obelisks and the clock will take awhile due to money constraints, but Ginger Island is close to full on ancient fruit and pineapple, so money will start to come more quickly very soon. Other than that, I just need to finish the museum for the last stardrop - just two more items left, both available in Omni Geodes that I'm gradually farming while finishing up the last four monsters I need to complete for the Adventurer's Guild. Finally, I just need a Marble for my last crafting item and an extra ostrich egg to ship once my barn is full.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Poque posted:

Up to Spring 3 year 3 to allow for cleaning up debris and get my grass fields going before they're immediately destroyed by my current...146 animals. I'm done building coops and barns, and I'm maxed out on every animal except ostriches (currently have 2) and gold chickens, since I haven't hit perfection. Perfection is slow, since the remaining obelisks and the clock will take awhile due to money constraints, but Ginger Island is close to full on ancient fruit and pineapple, so money will start to come more quickly very soon. Other than that, I just need to finish the museum for the last stardrop - just two more items left, both available in Omni Geodes that I'm gradually farming while finishing up the last four monsters I need to complete for the Adventurer's Guild. Finally, I just need a Marble for my last crafting item and an extra ostrich egg to ship once my barn is full.

Looking very nice! I like the circle of barns.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
it is wild when all my animals are out. Can you find me?

Got 12 of everything except golden chickens and all I have left for that is the golden clock. 4.3M saved so far...slow going.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

What’s the deal with the lone sprinkler right above your character? And what building is in the opposite corner, above the stable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Grundulum posted:

What’s the deal with the lone sprinkler right above your character? And what building is in the opposite corner, above the stable?

I had flowers there for decoration for awhile and then stopped caring. The building is the decoration that comes along when you marry Shane.