Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

I adore harvest moon, but when it switched to the less than memorable PS2 games and became an anime slugfest with rune factory on the DS I lost interest.

I really do wish that combat wasn't a necessity in the newer HM games now though.

That said, I will most likely buy this the second it comes out despite my reservations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

dijon du jour posted:

Another Stardew update! Oh boy oh boy! http://stardewvalley.net/dev-update-10/

It talks about fishing and even includes a video!

He talks about some other stuff too, like he's adding item quality that pretty much works the same way it does in Harvest Moon. And also apparently bees will produce different kinds of honey depending on what types of flowers are nearby, which is such a cool little detail. :3:

As a person who enjoys farm fresh honey that is an amazing detail and I love him for that.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

I can both live with or without people of color in my farming sim / dating sim / combat sim game. If people of color are going to be in the game other than just being slightly more of one color than another, I would like them to be written in a genuine way from that race's point of view. Otherwise I don't particularly care.

Stop making GBS threads up the thread with SJW bullshit. If you want your rainbow paradise then you should mod it.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Reason posted:

Wow, this is a stupid argument, I'm not white, I don't care that my games don't have people that are the same color skin as me. If you do go gently caress yourself? Its a video game. I'm really looking forward to this one, can't wait to fish all day.

All sorts of fish, lures and bait.

Dungeon delving is for suckers. Fishing is where its at.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

J.A.B.C. posted:

I agree, even if it's not 'saving the town', but something more personal, like earning enough to keep your farm going year by year, or having to perform enough renovations on it to keep it from being declared unlivable and put up for sale.

Then again, backlash...for whatever reason.

Maybe just make a time limit optional. It wouldn't be hard.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Jesto posted:

Hey, a new update. :unsmith:

It's coming out.

Maybe.

Someday. :smith:

Only two house upgrades? I assume a kitchen and a second floor. I figured there would be at least three, a bigger base house, basement and second story. But maybe basement and second floor are combined into one.

I've been watching his progress for a long time and I'm glad that he's limiting the scope of what he is doing. It makes goals achievable and a timeline for release possible. If you get mired in making everything perfect you'll never get anything done. I want to play this, but I want it to be a finished product. Though what I also very much want is for modders to dig their claws into this and start making things that one person alone could never achieve.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Sometimes I feel like this is some sort of elaborate troll.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Played a bit. Having an odd problem where my mouse won't scroll to the right side of the screen with the game, which is weird. Anyone else having this problem?

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i hope i can build linus a house. first thing the dude said to me was "please don't destroy my tent." he must've seen real rough times.

There's a cutscene where he eats out of the trash, and is terrified when he's about to get caught. He gets caught by you, asks if you think what he's doing is wrong, leaves, checks another can. Then the bartender catches him and offers to feed him leftovers if he's hungry. That hit me hard.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Magres posted:

What happens if you help jojacorp take over the town?

Meth addiction inevitably follows as unemployment skyrockets.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

GruntyThrst posted:

Hot do I use the Hot Spring? I'm just sorta sitting int he water and no stamina is recharging.

You have to sit still.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Digirat posted:

What can I do with these 2 ancient fruits

They're worth 750 a piece, but you can make ancient seeds out of them. Think of them as a long term investment. Plant ancient fruits, make more ancient seeds, plant even more ancient fruits, make even more ancient seeds. You decide when to sell them. The limiting factor is time.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

StrixNebulosa posted:

A few ideas off the top of my head:

- Stardew Valley: On Mars. It's a reskin, but now you have to pay for oxygen, building more domes, pull in more sci-fi elements. The mines are now the slime monsters from Mars that you have to fight off. Everything runs on 50s sci-fi pulp logic. The wizard is an alien. I'm...not sure how fishing works, but I'm sure something could be figured out.

- That war they mentioned somewhere? Bring all the soldiers home...as an conquering army. Dramatic story-based farming sim as you help out the resistance of this small town attempt to resist the conquering force, there's romance and tragedy and dramatic sacrifices and you hiding resistance members in your basement, if you get it expanded.

- Stardew Valley: In The City! Slowly accumulate enough money to turn city blocks into thriving farmland. Gardens on rooftops, foraging in the alleyways and subways, hunting in the sewers. Bring a green thumb to city life!

And so on and so forth! :v:

Germany 1916-1917! Turnip winter edition. Hot World War One starvation action!

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Stardew Valley 2: You play as a rookie detective in Zuzu City who's tasked with solving the mystery of a bizarre rural commune without internet access or indoor plumbing that allegedly drove a Wal-mart out of business

Please let it be Nicholas Cage.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Any mods worth having? Dialogue mods especially. I love the game but the dialogue is repetitive and it makes me sad.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Plek posted:

I miss Black Isle :(

I do too. However they seemed to have continued the tradition with Obsidian Entertainment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

I'd really love a sort of frontier space settlement game with the engine he built. Terraform the planet, the monsters are just hostile fauna, scan for food, build houses and then people settle into them and your food doesn't just get sold for fixed prices and disappear into the ether, but actually feeds the colony and when you take people out of stasis because there's more food available more items become available as people use their skills to make things. Also maybe have a robust crafting system so you could do more than just make food.

A space frontier colony Stardew Valley would own bones.