Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Since they're demoing the game on the floor and the NX's design/controllers are still a secret, that means they'll be demoing it on Wii U systems. I don't think they'd do that if the Wii U version were visibly inferior. It will look fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The best part of that trailer was ARMORED LINK AT 2:20. HOLY gently caress, LINK WEARING ACTUAL PLATE ARMOR.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I already want a phone case that looks like the sheikah slate

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
They got Assassin's Creed and Xenoblade in my Zelda...and I'm probably okay with that.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
This game looks pretty fun, not that we've seen much.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Koroks are back.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
incoming "link is right handed" crybabies

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Confirmed by Aonuma: Zelda is anime.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Such a small detail, but I loving love how Link's bow and quiver are visible on his character model. Hopefully other stuff is gonna be visible too

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I am unreasonably exited to play a LoZ game where I can use a spear+wear armor

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Calaveron posted:

Such a small detail, but I loving love how Link's bow and quiver are visible on his character model. Hopefully other stuff is gonna be visible too

Looks like they're really going for the spirit of Zelda 1.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Getting mayor Shadow of the Colossus vibes, here. Which is excellent. Also, was that voice acting? Maybe we'll see a break with that tradition too (though I bet Link will remain mute in any case).

Let's see... A spear weapon, armour, taming wild animals, laying bush fires, climbing trees, climbing a variety of surfaces, raising platforms from water, straight-up physics manipulation via some sort of magnet... This is pretty amazing. I'm mostly curious what they're gonna change about the battle system - there was something in there that almost looked like a Dark Souls-style shield parry -, and how they'll approach dungeons. Maybe we DO still have dungeons, only they're a lot more open, and can be approached from outside in multiple ways. I'm thinking of a ruined fortress atop a mountain or something.

I sure hope this is gonna be a Zelda that can be called - *gasp* - modern! Looks rad so far. I NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The combat system has me hyped with that witch time like mechanic.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

OnimaruXLR posted:

I don't know why people think it's going to look particularly bad on the Wii U. It's a fairly sparse landscape with a good amount of detail but it's not like, GTAV levels of poo poo everywhere. They never had more than a handful of enemies on screen at once, either.

Ive seen a ton of framerate drops in the demo they are showing. It's gonna push the Wii U to it's limits. The best experience will of course be on the NX.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
bill, you almost game over'd on stream, nice job , nerd

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

HMMM, So Tasty!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

thanks alot assbag posted:

incoming "link is right handed" crybabies

hi

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

This game looked chill as hell. Might not offer much of a challenge but I'll probably enjoy just relaxing and exploring.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
oh look already playing some more zelda

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I worry about Bill.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Excitement level: 9/10

It's beautiful! Gonna put together a new thread later.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

That is a really big map.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

That map makes the world look gigantic!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Being able to climb basically everything is really neat.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope we can see a dungeon.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Have they explained those two little meters next to the minimap?

e: Just answered for one. Temp gauge related to clothing. You can't play deprived :mad:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm digging this Sheikah Tech.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I hope there's stuff to do in the overworld cause the overworld was the biggest disappointment in Skyward for me.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Teenage Fansub posted:

Have they explained those two little meters next to the minimap?

One is noise.

The other is ..... temperature?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You can use your shield as a snowboard.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hold the loving phone.

You can sled on your shield and fire arrows at the same time.

I can die now.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Man there are a load of pickups in this game. Hopefully item management isn't too onerous.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You can use a living skeleton arm as a weapon.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I'm buying an NX for this game. Maybe a Wii U if the game runs smoothly on it, but I'm not confident in last-gen hardware running stripped-down versions of games. I think it's awesome how fun this game looks and the presenters aren't actually doing anything. They found basic items like a bow and some bombs and have just been running around basically farming. No dungeons, no real hint what the game might be once you get into the game part of it, and it's got me wanting an NX.

I'm not looking forward to the inventory management, weapon degradation, and interrupting the flow of the game to pause it and eat food though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/amiiboalerts/status/742780647895236608

100+ Shrines in the game which I guess are mini dungeons?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I want to play this Zelda game right now instead of 2084 or whenever it's coming out :saddowns:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Link confirmed not girl, obviously. Says they only considered making Zelda the main character, and abandoned the concept of a female protagonist entirely after that didn't pan out.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A cutscene just mentioned a certain antagonist.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Have we gotten a look at what the controls are like? Is swinging your sword mapped to a button or will we be using a Motion Plus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Buttons for sword. Gyro for aiming things.

• Locked thread